Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom Halo gametypes and Forge  (Read 1653 times)

Custom Halo gametypes and Forge
« on: September 24, 2007, 09:20:00 pm »
  • n___n
What do you think you'll make? And also, post here suggestions for other's custom gametypes and work on your own!

I had two gametypes already developed in my mind.

1. Hide and Go Snipe
variant: team hide and go snipe (there's a team of snipers and a team of hiders. same rules apply)

team 1: sniper
team 2: hiders

The sniper has unlimited sniper ammo, is invulnerable, and moves at normal speed.
The hiders move faster by an as of yet undetermined percentage, and have no shields. They're also invisible.
No radar functionality in this gametype. No grenades. Hiders only have pistols, but it doesn't matter because the sniper is invulnerable.

How to score: This is what I'm having trouble on. What I was thinking was, (I don't know if this one thing is possible) the hiders start out with 5 points (kills, captures, whatever) and the sniper has to either tie or surpass this. If the sniper passes this number, the game is over, sniper wins. Then someone else is the sniper and they have to try and pop some skulls.

2. Spartan Laser Tag

team 1: (one person) is "it"
team 2: everyone else

Basically, what we have here is a classic game of tag, but...when you get laser'd, you're it.

team 1 is invulnerable, with unlimited Laser ammo and moves at normal speed.
team 2 is without shields, moves 300 percent faster, and have pistols (again, doesn't matter cuz team 1 cant be killed)

no radar functionality, no grenades, no weapon or vehicle spawns.

How to score: (again, this one has some problems) The guy who is "it" has to try and kill someone with the laser. The number of rounds is like 15, with the score to win being 1 kill. Once the guy who is it "lasers" someone, the round is over and then the guy who got killed is now "it". Fun, right? But what if someone gets double or triple killed (at the same time, not like within 2 seconds of each other). Then, what, they're both it? No, I guess it depends. How would you choose which one of the two who got killed would be it? :\ Hosts decision I guess. :P

Feedback, improvements, your own ideas...go crazy!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 09:22:56 pm by araknidude »
yo yo yo

araknid_kid@yahoo.com = email and MSN
HellsExecutionR = AIM
araknidude = XBox Live gamertag

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
Re: Custom Halo gametypes and Forge
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 09:31:20 pm »
  • :3
You can actually do this stuff? Awesome.

Survival

variant: a few players are on a team against everybody else, and must try to survive.

team 1: Survivor
team 2: Hunters

A Rambo-esque one-man takes all deathmatch. The survivors have the same amount of health/etc as everyone else, and must try to kill all the hunters before they kill them. It would be very interesting.
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 09:44:00 pm »
Since in both modes one team can't kill the opposite team why don't you let them play with no gun at all?
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 09:45:08 pm »
  • n___n
Since in both modes one team can't kill the opposite team why don't you let them play with no gun at all?

You don't know Halo multiplayer very well. It's impossible to be unequipped.

You can actually do this stuff? Awesome.

Survival

variant: a few players are on a team against everybody else, and must try to survive.

team 1: Survivor
team 2: Hunters

A Rambo-esque one-man takes all deathmatch. The survivors have the same amount of health/etc as everyone else, and must try to kill all the hunters before they kill them. It would be very interesting.

That would be pretty cool. However, it's not too different than Team Slayer. One team versus the other? I suppose no respawns would make this more challenging.
yo yo yo

HellsExecutionR = AIM

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 09:56:03 pm »
Well the surviving team are, let's say, a group of 5. Against a group of 45. Or something in that ratio.  Or 3:27
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 10:19:23 pm »
  • n___n
Are you serious? Dude, there's a 16 player limit on games in Halo 3.

Anyways, thought of some more.

Mongoose Race
(2 players)
variants: ghost race, warthog race

team 1: mongoose 1
team 2: mongoose 2

There's a track outlined by crates/barriers around the map, and the end, there's a dude waiting there. First one to splatter him (killing him) gets the kill, and subsequently wins the race. (he's like the finish line, and killing him = crossing the line)

Air Hog (2 players)

team 1: warthog 1
team 2: warthog 2

Alright, here's the deal. It's a race across the map, then, there are 2 sets of gravlifts. As the warthogs pass over the gravlifts, they will launch into the air, where they will try to splatter/shoot a spartan that spawned on top of an airborne crate. (it has been revealed that in forge, if you place a crate, then stack another crate on top of it, and delete the bottom crate, the second crate stays airborne. thus, you can build a tower of crates into the sky and put a spawn point on top of it.) First to 1 kill wins.

Man, this is !@#$% awesome. Tomorrow can't come fast enough.

Keep the ideas coming!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 10:30:45 pm by araknidude »
yo yo yo

HellsExecutionR = AIM

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 10:24:05 pm »
Oh. I thought it could do like, 64 players or something. PC only for that, then.
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007, 10:25:02 pm »
SWAT. Since they don't have it in matchmaking (yet) ( :( ). But I'll probably forge the level to make the SWAT game more tactical. :D

Quote from: araknidude
Actually, you could forge it to give them swords with no ammo. Then all you can do is punch. :)
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2007, 10:33:11 pm »
  • n___n
SWAT. Since they don't have it in matchmaking (yet) ( :( ). But I'll probably forge the level to make the SWAT game more tactical. :D

Actually, you could forge it to give them swords with no ammo. Then all you can do is punch. :)

That is true. I was actually thinking of that. But I dunno if you could spawn a sword with no ammo. :\ only time will tell!
yo yo yo

HellsExecutionR = AIM
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2007, 10:36:23 pm »

That is true. I was actually thinking of that. But I dunno if you could spawn a sword with no ammo. :\ only time will tell!
Yes, you can edit the amount of ammo in a gun with forge, among other things. And they made it so swords actually run out of power in multiplayer (unlike Halo 2), so...
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2007, 10:43:44 pm »
  • n___n
I know you can edit the amount of ammo and the swords have a battery, but I don't know if they'd let you spawn an empty weapon. There's no way to get a charge for swords unless you get a new sword. Empty weapons on the map just dissappear. That's why I said, I guess we'll find out tomorrow!
yo yo yo

HellsExecutionR = AIM
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2007, 10:53:02 pm »
I loved making gametypes!

Favourite is;

Zombie
Teams only

Team one: Zombies
Team two: Survivors

The match starts with just one Zombie, he wields only a sword*. Whenever the zombie kills someone they must change to the Zombie team and only use a sword aswell, Where as the survivors must kill all the zombies, with a shotgun only*. The idea is, Survivors, Surive by killing all the Zombies till the match ends. Zombies, Killing all the Survivors.

*Obviously you cant set them to just use one weapon, so make sure out of the shotgun and sword.
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2007, 11:17:14 pm »

Well I know Halo's Multiplayer good enough that you can't be just unequipped. But if you are making a mod you could modify it so that you only have your bare hands.
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2007, 11:21:31 pm »
  • n___n

Favourite is;

Zombie
Teams only

The match starts with just one Zombie, he wields only a sword*. Whenever the zombie kills someone they must change to the Zombie team and only use a sword aswell, Where as the survivors must kill all the zombies, with a shotgun only*. The idea is, Survivors, Surive by killing all the Zombies till the match ends. Zombies, Killing all the Survivors.

*Obviously you cant set them to just use one weapon, so make sure out of the shotgun and sword.

That gametype is actually built into Halo 3. It's called Infection and it plays just like that.

Well I know Halo's Multiplayer good enough that you can't be just unequipped. But if you are making a mod you could modify it so that you only have your bare hands.

No mods. I don't want to get banhammer'd. Mods are a form a cheating according to bungie. And, if you're referring to having players start with no weapons as a change made from in the custom-game maker, that's impossible, unless the zero charge sword forge trick works.
yo yo yo

HellsExecutionR = AIM
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2007, 11:24:00 pm »

Favourite is;

Zombie
Teams only

That gametype is actually built into Halo 3. It's called Infection and it plays just like that.

Must of been pretty big for the halo online community then...  :o
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2007, 12:08:15 am »

Favourite is;

Zombie
Teams only

Must of been pretty big for the halo online community then...  :o
Dude, it was. More than half of the custom games that I joined on H2 (alot) were Zombies.
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2007, 01:50:09 am »
  • n___n
I was thinking of some more. First thing I'm gonna do when I get the game is first customize my online character, then I'm gonna make these game types.

'Nade Fest

free for all gametype

All players spawn with a zero charge energy sword or pistol with 1 bullet, and maxed out plasma, fire, brute and frag grenades. It's an all out nade fest!

Beat Down all Around

free for all / team gametype

All players have no bullets / no grenades and must get up close and personal to rack up kills and come out as the winner!
yo yo yo

HellsExecutionR = AIM
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 116 queries.