Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody with the XNA Runtimes willing to test something for me?  (Read 2149 times)

Anybody with the XNA Runtimes willing to test so...
« on: October 23, 2007, 04:56:23 am »
  • Minalien
Well, I just re-downloaded my copy of TorqueX, and I made this app with it, but I need somebody else with the XNA Framework to test the thing to make sure it works properly on everybody else's computers. If anybody would be willing, test it here:

http://www.untoldchronicles.com/games/TXTut_Blaster.rar (483 kb)

you need WinRAR to decompress it. It's just a small blaster tutorial I went through, there's no score or lives or anything because I didn't bother going further than the tutorial because I've got a headache and I want to test the publishing out, since it always seemed to !@#$% up when I published with my computer back at home. All I need is for somebody to download it (it's like, not even a meg), and tell me if it works properly or not. No C+C needed/wanted considering I just want to know if it works, since it isn't even my work, it's that of a tutorial <_<; Once I find out if this works or not, I can get to work on some real !@#$% for you guys :P

Instructions:
Dodge the enemy shots (dont worry, you have unlimited lives ayways)
Arrow keys move your ship
Space bar shoots.

Greatly appreciated to anybody who's willing to help me out here.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: Anybody with the XNA Runtimes willing to tes...
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 04:58:03 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I'll test it for ya; one tic

---

works great :P
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 05:01:34 am by Mamoruanime »
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 05:03:09 am »
  • Minalien
Thanks, Mamo ;P Everybody else was too busy to help <_<;

I'm keeping this unlocked; If anybody has any problems with running it, please tell me.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 07:14:21 am »
It ran fine for me. Windows Vista with XNA installed.
the a o d c
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 07:49:52 pm »
I'd help you if I could, but I don't have XNA.
REPENT UNBELIEVERS!!!
SUBMIT TO THE CHURCH OF EMACS!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 08:56:29 pm »
Aye. Works fine.

(Running vista with the xna 1.0 refresh)
  • My Myspace?
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 09:14:44 pm »
Tut, tut, tut. A proprietary program distributed in a proprietary format (RAR) and relying on a proprietary framework which is available on a single proprietary system.

Wow. You managed to put FOUR barriers up. Each of which prevent me from helping you. Congratulations.

Ever consider writing portable code and a portable framework? You know, so everyone could play your game instead of just a small market.

Other than a rar, how's this any different than any other DirectX game? And maybe the logic is portable, and he hasn't written any other rendering engines :]

I'm working on a game now that's logic is all abstracted, but you're not gonna get anything at the moment without DirectX and FMod, because I haven't wrapped any other Graphics/Audio libraries :D
  • My Myspace?
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2007, 09:39:51 pm »
Tut, tut, tut. A proprietary program distributed in a proprietary format (RAR) and relying on a proprietary framework which is available on a single proprietary system.

Wow. You managed to put FOUR barriers up. Each of which prevent me from helping you. Congratulations.

Ever consider writing portable code and a portable framework? You know, so everyone could play your game instead of just a small market.
He probably doesn't know what proprietary software is. XD
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2007, 10:17:05 pm »
  • Minalien
He probably doesn't know what proprietary software is. XD
Alright, I have such an urge to shove my foot up your ass it isn't even funny right now :/ I've been doing game development for 6+ years, I've been working with computer software just as long :/.

Sol, stfu, I'm just screwing around with different things; Most of my development uses Irrlicht.NET or SDL.NET, which DOES work on other platforms :/ Just because I'm screwing around with XNA and TorqueX doesn't mean I'm abandoning those :/, I'm just postponing a good bit of my work with those temporarily until Infinitus has time to strip FusionScript of his Fusion SDK-specific elements so that I can properly implement it.

• Development Blog
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2007, 10:45:06 am »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
[Image removed by moderator; contained profanity]

Oh to wish upon a star,
Doesn't matter who you are,
I wish I could punch through the internet,
To shut some bitches up.
[Clearly doesn't know the song at all]

I'm sorry, but did you ever think that...I dunno, nobody gives a !@#$%!

Sorry, but every time something like this comes up, at least Dehvknull always comes in arse-talking like mad. Can someone please do something about it to shut them up? This forum is based around Game Maker for the love of God! How can you come here and not expect just about everything to be proprietary software? I swear, you just come here to !@#$% about it! Why not make your own forum just for non-proprietary software, and put all your rants there!

And Microsoft a small market? Yes, the most commonly used Operating System in homes is certainly a small Market <_<

I bolded everything I wanted to just type in Caps Lock...

Now, to end this:

[/end rant]

My patience is always very thin, it's been worn out now.

Anyway, the program runs fine for me too :P
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 02:39:23 am by Limey »
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2007, 02:32:15 am »
[Image removed by Moderator; contains profanity]

Oh to wish upon a star,
Doesn't matter who you are,
I wish I could punch through the internet,
To shut some bitches up.
[Clearly doesn't know the song at all]

I'm sorry, but did you ever think that...I dunno, nobody gives a !@#$%!

Sorry, but every time something like this comes up, at least Dehvknull always comes in arse-talking like mad. Can someone please do something about it to shut them up? This forum is based around Game Maker for the love of God! How can you come here and not expect just about everything to be proprietary software? I swear, you just come here to !@#$% about it! Why not make your own forum just for non-proprietary software, and put all your rants there!

And Microsoft a small market? Yes, the most commonly used Operating System in homes is certainly a small Market <_<

I bolded everything I wanted to just type in Caps Lock...

Now, to end this:

[/end rant]

My patience is always very thin, it's been worn out now.

Anyway, the program runs fine for me too :P
I should send the Red Army after you... >_>
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 02:40:12 am by Limey »
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2007, 02:44:16 am »
  • Minalien
Well since dehvknull decided to be a [flame removed by moderator] about everything. Locked. I dont need help anymore anyways, I switched to Linux, so no XNA <_<
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 02:46:28 am by Limey »

• Development Blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 58 queries.

anything