Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dear Bacardi  (Read 822 times)

Dear Bacardi
« on: January 01, 2008, 01:17:30 pm »
  • *whistle*
I don't care if your rum supposedly has a "nutty" and "distinctive" flavour, it still tastes like how nail polish smells, and has an after taste like a !@#$%. Seriously, I can't get the taste out of my mouth for at least a day.

See, it'd be fine if no-one bought your so-called "rum", but every time I go to a party, the only rum they have is Bacardi, and when I'm drunk, the choice between no rum and your rum seems pretty obvious, but every single time I regret it. In both of our interests (me drinking some nice rum and you keeping your testicles attached) I suggest you improve whatever passes for a recipe for you guys.

Personally, I find it very ironic that a brand of rum founded by a Canadian, named after a Welshman and currently produced by an English company produces a far superior drink to a well-known multinational drinks company that was actually founded in Cuba. Unless you clean up your act (and your taste) then good ol' Cap'n Morgan will be my main source of Caribbean-style sugarcane liquors.

Love,
A Concerned Alcoholic, esq.
Re: Dear Bacardi
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 01:20:53 pm »
heh I cannot remember a THING about last night :P

I hope I had fun  :-\
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 01:23:11 pm »
  • Credits to BaB
My party was pretty fun, and not a single bottle of Bacardi was present in our selection of more than 25 different liquors, from Absolute Vodka to Manzanita. I agree, Bacardi sucks.
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 04:08:21 pm »
I guess I don't really have a strong opinion about rum...

Personally, last night I had some REALLY good bourbon called "Knob Creek".

History
Named after Abraham Lincoln's boyhood home in Kentucky, Knob Creek is truly bourbon at its finest. Created to represent whiskey before it was mass produced, Knob Creek embodies the look, feel and taste of pre-prohibition bourbon. This full-bodied, flavorful bourbon takes classic cocktails to a new level.

Distinctions
Knob Creek Bourbon, bottled at an honest 100 proof like all good bourbons were a century ago, is aged nine years in wood, giving it the distinction of being aged the longest of the Small Batch Bourbons. This extra aging allows it to absorb more of the sugar in the wood, giving it a slightly sweeter taste and nose.

Tasting Notes
Proof: 100
Color: Copper to medium amber
Aroma: Toasted nuts, grain oak
Taste: Rich, sweet, woody, full-bodied, almost fruity
Finish: Long, rich and glowing
Award: National Champion Whiskey - Wine Enthusiast
Comments: "At 100 proof, Knob Creek is as close to perfection as any bourbon on the market." - The Book of Bourbon

Pretty medium amber/russet color. Opening inhalation detects voluptuous, deep aromas of toasted walnut, cereal grain, and dark toffee; aeration serves to stimulate even deeper scents that include honey, hard candy and overripe peaches. There’s a burst of palate entry heat; midpalate features mature flavors of kiwi, key lime, raisins, plums and grapefruit. Aftertaste is rich, textured and sweet. One of my favorite muscle-bound tipples. - Paul Pacult - winemag.com

Try it if you ever get the chance.
You rich !@#$%. I wish I could afford AIDs.
Payback's a !@#$% :P BTW Mamoruanime was here
  • [my deviantART gallery]
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 44 queries.