Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Religion  (Read 24571 times)

Re: Religion
« Reply #120 on: March 10, 2008, 04:41:22 pm »
I believe in evolution, am a Christian, and do not believe in Satan. I believe God set off the Big Bang, and chose Earth as a place to put life on- in the form of algae, which then evolved. So I borrow from both sides. And at least I have faith in something, so no matter what happens, I can still count on religion.

Do you believe 'God' put life anywhere else?

I'm atheist. I think that the Big Bang just created OUR universe. Now our universe is constantly expanding, and when it expands so far that it tears apart, then it will collapse on itself causing another Big Bang. That Big Bang will begin the next universe. And our Big Bang came from the last Universe. By the time our universe collapses, if we are scientifically evolved enough to build something that can withstand a Big Bang, the next Earth will bring life and someday when they evolve they will find that something that we built in the last universe. Get it? I think the first universe was created at some point, thus creating time. Before time there was no certain time that time could have appeared. So it's impossible to tell when time and everything appeared, there is no "when" the first Big Bang happened. Because before the original Big Bang there was no "when" at all. No time. Meaning time must always have been around. Otherwise when would it have appeared is an impossible question. Maybe in this universe there is a God. Or in the next one. I doubt it, but who knows?
« Reply #121 on: March 10, 2008, 05:40:10 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
I think that the more advanced a species becomes, the greater the chance of it destroying itself.
This is why we'll never discover sentient life off the Earth.
Before we become advanced enough to travel far enough to find it, we'll blow ourselves up.
Before they become advanced enough to travel far enough to reach us, they'll blow themselves up.

Do I think that life exists off this big rock we call Earth? Yes. Statistically speaking, they are millions of possible planets out there capable of supporting some form of life.
« Reply #122 on: March 11, 2008, 10:00:31 am »
  • I need something new to put here...
I believe in the Super mario galaxy view. The universe dies, then is reborn, never quite the same.
« Reply #123 on: March 14, 2008, 03:16:33 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
I believe in the Super mario galaxy view. The universe dies, then is reborn, never quite the same.
Yah, thats a good view.

I think that as soon as the universe implodes, it is created anew. So there would be no beginning and no end because as soon as it ends, it just goes back to the beginning again.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #124 on: March 17, 2008, 04:01:58 am »
am a Christian, and do not believe in Satan.

Why God but not Satan?
ZFGC Veteran since 2004
« Reply #125 on: March 19, 2008, 11:25:38 pm »
I think that the more advanced a species becomes, the greater the chance of it destroying itself.
This is why we'll never discover sentient life off the Earth.
Before we become advanced enough to travel far enough to find it, we'll blow ourselves up.
Before they become advanced enough to travel far enough to reach us, they'll blow themselves up.

Do I think that life exists off this big rock we call Earth? Yes. Statistically speaking, they are millions of possible planets out there capable of supporting some form of life.
I find that as soon as we choose a way of communication, it would be an extrememly low percentage that an alien civilization would use the same way of communication. We are detecting radio waves in space, but what if they developed something better 100 years ago?.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #126 on: March 23, 2008, 02:21:28 am »
i am a christian. I believe in God/Satan. Heaven/Hell. and also that Jesus died for every human being life so they could perhaps be sspared from hell.
I'm not 100% against all sientific theories though.
example: Big Bang=God said let there be light.

iv got a few other minute things ill ppost on here later
xbox live: kirkking look me up!

your Romanian Captain Kirk speaking....yes i said Romanian....
dang it doesn't sound near as impressive on a worldwide board, than in a class of all Oklahomans, lol

-The non DJ Jordan.

When life gives you lemons, THROW THEM BACK AND DEMAND LIMES!"
thomas combs

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #127 on: March 23, 2008, 04:27:33 am »
  • :3

Why God but not Satan?

I just don't. I believe "Satan", if you have to call it that, is a metaphor for evil.
I believe in God/Satan. Heaven/Hell. and also that Jesus died for every human being life so they could perhaps be sspared from hell.

To me, that is precisely why there is no Satan, because every human being cannot go to hell.

As for creation, I don't see the scientific benefits of finding the origin of the universe/life, or why we're trying to find it other than curiosity. It's a waste of money, really, and government funding shouldn't be used for it, but more important things that can help us like finding cures for cancer.
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #128 on: March 23, 2008, 04:30:58 am »

Why God but not Satan?

I just don't. I believe "Satan", if you have to call it that, is a metaphor for evil.
I believe in God/Satan. Heaven/Hell. and also that Jesus died for every human being life so they could perhaps be sspared from hell.
It's a waste of money, really, and government funding shouldn't be used for it, but more important things that can help us like finding cures for cancer.
QFT.

However, a little curiosity is always nice. I mean, imagine if we hadn't found out half of the things we know now about the past. (Fossils, etc.)
« Reply #129 on: March 23, 2008, 04:44:00 pm »
I believe in weed.

Yeah...I definitely don't believe in hell, though. Doesn't something seem wrong with an idea that states you "burn" for eternity in flames and fire? Or it's frozen over and your soul experiences eternal damnation of the highest degree? That doesn't seem right to me. People are innately good, I think, and they should always have the chance to repent.

It seems more like propaganda to get people to join the Church to me.
« Reply #130 on: March 23, 2008, 04:51:24 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Heh, I heard a great thing once. If this offends anyone, I'm not sorry, but I'm just quoting so...be pissed off at someone else.

Assume God exists:
God created free will, !@#$% ((s)he/it) gave us the ability to decide if !@#$% exists or not.
Now, all we have to base !@#$%'s existence on is unreliable, so using the brains !@#$% gave us, using the evidence (or lack thereof) that !@#$% left behind, a good rational result is !@#$% most likely does not exist.
What if !@#$% is just testing us to see if we have the rational powers to deduce !@#$% doesn't exist, and separating the 'unworthy' ones who lack such thinking prowess?
It's an interesting thought.

Ultimately flawed (gasp it should be it's own religion, called "Beating !@#$% at !@#$%'s own game"), but still an interesting thought.
« Reply #131 on: March 23, 2008, 06:04:43 pm »
Heh, I heard a great thing once. If this offends anyone, I'm not sorry, but I'm just quoting so...be pissed off at someone else.

Assume God exists:
God created free will, !@#$% ((s)he/it) gave us the ability to decide if !@#$% exists or not.
Now, all we have to base !@#$%'s existence on is unreliable, so using the brains !@#$% gave us, using the evidence (or lack thereof) that !@#$% left behind, a good rational result is !@#$% most likely does not exist.
What if !@#$% is just testing us to see if we have the rational powers to deduce !@#$% doesn't exist, and separating the 'unworthy' ones who lack such thinking prowess?
It's an interesting thought.

Ultimately flawed (gasp it should be it's own religion, called "Beating !@#$% at !@#$%'s own game"), but still an interesting thought.
I thought you were swearing for most of that  XD
« Reply #132 on: March 24, 2008, 07:15:43 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
It's Easter now, thus I shall post this.

Quote from: Ask Altair
http://askalty.smackjeeves.com/comics/334167/easter/
Well, all things considered. Modern Easter is a greeting card company bastardization of a Christian bastardization of a Pagan spring holiday... not sure if bastardization is the best word for it, but yeah, if you've known me long enough, you'd know I can be really abrasive towards Christianity.

Once upon a time when Christianity was young and unpopular, I wonder if there was a scene like this:

Pagans: Why would we switch to new religion? Then we have to change our holiday calendar!
Christians: Our holiday is on same day! How's that?
Pagans: Oh! That is so simple! Okay!
Christians: Oh and don't forget to come to church every Sunday for the rest of your life
Pagans: lolwut?! You're joking right?
Christians: No... THINK OF YOUR IMMORTAL SOUL! YOU'LL BURN IN HELL OTHERWISE!
Pagans: I think Odin is friendlier... @w@

But since my family isn't Christian at all (minus one Catholic aunt to whose church wedding I showed up wearing nearly-black brown and black and a pentagram...), our new theory of everything is to celebrate everything one day late so we can buy all the candy for cheap xD I lurve Cadbury eggs.

As to what Altair said. Using medieval logic "God is on our side, thus we win" and Altair is made of pure awesome and win...
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 07:18:09 pm by TheDarkJay »
« Reply #133 on: March 25, 2008, 08:51:46 pm »
  • I murder your toys as well
I am a fundamentalist Pastafarian.

This user is on indefinite hiatus.
  • Facebook - Jeremy Elliott
« Reply #134 on: March 25, 2008, 09:00:00 pm »
I am a fundamentalist Pastafarian.
Yes I to have been touched by his noodly appendage.
« Reply #135 on: April 23, 2008, 06:46:24 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Bump just to post this awesome quote from Richard Feynman:
It doesn't seem to me that this fantastically marvellous universe, this tremendous range of time and space and different kinds of animals, and all the different planets, and all these atoms with all their motions, and so on, all this complicated thing can merely be a stage so that God can watch human beings struggle for good and evil — which is the view that religion has. The stage is too big for the drama.
« Reply #136 on: April 25, 2008, 10:42:44 pm »
Bump just to post this awesome quote from Richard Feynman:
It doesn't seem to me that this fantastically marvellous universe, this tremendous range of time and space and different kinds of animals, and all the different planets, and all these atoms with all their motions, and so on, all this complicated thing can merely be a stage so that God can watch human beings struggle for good and evil — which is the view that religion has. The stage is too big for the drama.
Wow, thats excellent. I'll have to remember that one for my debates with people.
« Reply #137 on: April 26, 2008, 01:28:54 pm »
God could be a metaphor for the Universe. Just thought I'd put that out there.
« Reply #138 on: April 26, 2008, 02:25:41 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
I believe the "God loves you" stops that. "The Universe Loves You" is just hippie trash <_<
« Reply #139 on: April 26, 2008, 05:51:01 pm »
  • I murder your toys as well
God could be a metaphor for the Universe. Just thought I'd put that out there.

Then there's no reason to have a concept of God. The universe is not intelligent.

This user is on indefinite hiatus.
  • Facebook - Jeremy Elliott
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.217 seconds with 78 queries.

anything