Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Wii-enhanced Virtual Console Games  (Read 5051 times)

Wii-enhanced Virtual Console Games
« on: February 10, 2008, 12:19:01 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
After playing Pokemon Snap for the Wii (and letting you post pics of Pokemon) I was thinking, what would be some neat additions to virtual console games that you guys would like to see?

I would like to see a few online features for games like Mario Party or Pokemon Stadium, and maybe wii-sensor controls for games like Duck Hunt and Yoshi's Safari.

What do you think?
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.

luigi

MoFD
Re: Wii-enhanced Virtual Console Games
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 12:26:09 am »
I think it would be cool to add things like that. But Nintendo only enhances the graphics I'm pretty sure.
I would play Mario Party 2/3 online. That makes me think that they should have made Mario Party 8 online. >.>
Duck Hunt with the Wii Zapper would be pretty cool. Especially with improved sound and more full graphics.
If they added Banjo-Tooie with decision for everytime you play, if you want the Bottle's revenge mode, I would for sure get it.
­200th post (09/20/07)
300th post (12/01/07)
400th post (2/11/08)
500th post (5/07/08)
600th post (7/21/08)

MK Wii: 2750 1625 1262
Brawl: 3523-1727-8440

Gamertag: cyborgwhale
  • Cyborg Whale's Twitter

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 02:39:36 am »
  • The Mike
Mario Kart 64 could have had an online feature but they'd have to re-develop the game. Games like Pacman and Super Mario Bros. could have leaderboards for high scores and stuff like that. I don't know, there's a lot Nintendo could do but they still have the WiiWare section to worry about as well as the Virtual Console, so I guess we'd have to wait and see what happens.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 02:42:04 am »
Mario Kart 64 could have had an online feature but they'd have to re-develop the game. Games like Pacman and Super Mario Bros. could have leaderboards for high scores and stuff like that. I don't know, there's a lot Nintendo could do but they still have the WiiWare section to worry about as well as the Virtual Console, so I guess we'd have to wait and see what happens.
I think leaderboards would be the best idea. It would extend gameplay without having too much that would be needed to be done.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 02:45:23 am »
  • The Mike
I think leaderboards would be the best idea. It would extend gameplay without having too much that would be needed to be done.
It also wouldn't be too hard to implement. They implemented the picture thing in Pokemon Snap which shouldn't have been too hard to do, so I'm sure Nintendo could consider updating these games in the future, which they should do.

• Zelda Eternity

luigi

MoFD
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2008, 02:53:35 am »
For Mario Kart 64:
Someone needs to send these ideas to Nintendo. I'm pretty sure they take it into consideration.
if some people don't like the idea of having new things added, there should be an option to which you can choose 'N64 version' 'New version' or something.
­200th post (09/20/07)
300th post (12/01/07)
400th post (2/11/08)
500th post (5/07/08)
600th post (7/21/08)

• Cyborg Whale's Twitter

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2008, 03:10:08 am »
  • The Mike
Well, with Mario Kart Wii coming, I don't think that will be happening for a while. 12 player online = pure awesomeness!

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2008, 03:20:11 am »
A lot of these seem like good ideas that would give people a reason to get the game again. And I know for a fact that they can upgrade the VC games and have you download the updated ones for free if you've already bought them.

I really like the leaderboard idea you've thought of. It would be really cool.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2008, 03:24:47 am »
  • The Mike
I thought since Microsoft did it for games like Pacman on the XBLA, wouldn't it make sense to do it on the Wii as well?

EDIT: Mario Strikers Charged, Dragon Ball Z: BT3, and Guitar Hero III have Leaderboards as well.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 03:43:48 am by Hammer Bro. Mike »

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2008, 04:03:29 am »
I thought since Microsoft did it for games like Pacman on the XBLA, wouldn't it make sense to do it on the Wii as well?

EDIT: Mario Strikers Charged, Dragon Ball Z: BT3, and Guitar Hero III have Leaderboards as well.

The thing is, all they do is convert code, edit out bugs, edit new features in. Nintendo takes the code and just uses an emulator, similar to how the XBox Originals work. This is why the XBO's dont have achievements, or online if it wasnt originally in the game. They'd have to mess with code and they're lazy.
[...The mystery of wireless, revealed...]

[...Ninjas...]

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2008, 04:04:40 am »
  • Silly cat!
Smash Bros. online. Super Mario Kart online. Downloadable content for Ocarina of Time and A Link to the Past. Mii integration in something. Interaction with Wii or DS games (like Pokemon maybe).

Hoffy.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2008, 04:12:25 am »
  • The Mike
Super Smash Bros. would be a great idea for an online title on the VC, as well as Super Mario Kart.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2008, 05:23:52 am »
  • Your expression has changed too
If they added Banjo-Tooie with decision for everytime you play, if you want the Bottle's revenge mode, I would for sure get it.
Never gonna happen, Microsoft owns Rare now. Nintendo can only release the Donkey Kong games, as they own the characters that appear in them.
Ghoster Poster
  • I have a Twitter if you're into that kinda thing
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2008, 05:26:37 am »
Super Smash Bros. would be a great idea for an online title on the VC, as well as Super Mario Kart.

It's Nintendo, the only way they would add online to VC titles would be if they forced you to use friend code !@#$%.

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2008, 05:30:57 am »
  • Your expression has changed too

It's Nintendo, the only way they would add online to VC titles would be if they forced you to use friend code !@#$%.
We have to think of the kiddies after all.
Ghoster Poster
  • I have a Twitter if you're into that kinda thing

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2008, 04:13:07 pm »
  • The Mike
Friend Codes don't even bug me anymore. To me, they are just there. Anyway, I think Majora's Mask should be up by now. I wish they would add a picture taker like Pokemon Snap except you could take 100 screenshots a day. :D

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2008, 08:33:40 pm »
Friend Codes don't even bug me anymore. To me, they are just there. Anyway, I think Majora's Mask should be up by now. I wish they would add a picture taker like Pokemon Snap except you could take 100 screenshots a day. :D
Hey, that's actually an excellent idea. I would just take a picture of the moon at 12:00 on the last day...that would be sweet.
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2008, 08:36:36 pm »

We have to think of the kiddies after all.
Oh, we do? I think I just traumatized 4 african kids then by drawing a !@#$% on my mario kart. Wait, !@#$%, better change my tiles for animal crossing..
[...The mystery of wireless, revealed...]

[...Ninjas...]

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2008, 08:40:40 pm »
  • The Mike
Hey, that's actually an excellent idea. I would just take a picture of the moon at 12:00 on the last day...that would be sweet.
I actually meant to put 10 not 100 but 100 ftw, lol! The easiest way to take screenshots would be pressing the map button on the gamecube or classic controller, which would be the d-pad.

• Zelda Eternity

luigi

MoFD
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2008, 10:14:04 pm »
I actually meant to put 10 not 100 but 100 ftw, lol! The easiest way to take screenshots would be pressing the map button on the gamecube or classic controller, which would be the d-pad.
What kinds of pictures would you take? Well I guess there are probably a medioker portion of things you would take pictures of, but it would get kinda useless.
­200th post (09/20/07)
300th post (12/01/07)
400th post (2/11/08)
500th post (5/07/08)
600th post (7/21/08)

• Cyborg Whale's Twitter
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 73 queries.

anything