Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Favourite Games?  (Read 2956 times)

Re: Favourite Games?
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2008, 03:43:57 am »
Zelda: Twilight Princess
BioShock
Halo 3
Mass Effect
Eternal Sonata

They're my favourite probably.
the a o d c
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2008, 04:01:23 am »
Well let's see here...

Super Mario World
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Super Mario 64
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Jet Force Gemini
Banjo Tooie
Megaman Legends/64
Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy X
Jak and Daxter
Sly 2: Band of Thieves
SSX Tricky
Megaman Battle Network 3
Metroid Zero Mission
Sonic Adventure 2 (Battle)
Metroid Prime
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Animal Crossing
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Halo 2 (Only for the Multiplayer and Mods)
Guitar Hero (any of 'em)
Lego Star Wars (!@#$% YES)
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Jump Ultimate Stars
Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix+

uhh.... Yeah that's all I got for now.
  • https://colbydude.com
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2008, 04:07:43 am »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
In order of most recently played.

Summon Nights:Sword Craft Story 2
Sonic Advance 2
NiGHTS into Dreams
Final Fantasy 9
Dragon Warrior Monsters 2
A Link to the Past
Terranigma

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2008, 04:32:19 am »
Super Metroid (x one million)
Metroid Zero Mission
Metroid Fusion
Metroid Prime 1
Metroid Prime 2
Metroid Prime 3 (x one million)
Metroid Prime Hunters (multiplayer is great)

Yoshi's Island SNES/GBA (x one million)
Yoshi's Story
Super Mario 64/DS
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Mario Galaxy
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga (Partners in time sucked)
Paper Mario
Paper Mario 2
Super Paper Mario
Mario Kart Double Dash
Mario Kart DS

Legend of Zelda Wind Waker (x one million)
Legend of Zelda Majoras Mask
Legend of Zelda Minish Cap
Legend of Zelda Link to the Past
Legend of Zelda Links Awakening

Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat

Street Fighter II (turbo is my favourite version)
Street Fighter Third Strike (x one million)
(SFIV looks like !@#$% !@#$%, I hate everything about the game so far)

Jet Set Radio Future
Excite Truck
Starfox 64
Halo 3 (shut the !@#$% up, the multiplayer is great)
Electroplankton (still one of the games I'm most proud to own)
Sonic Rush (sonic rush adventure sucked, fangame quality)
Sonic Advance 2 (one of the best sonic games ever if you ask me)
Guitar Hero 2/3
Animal Crossing (all)
Cave Story (A lesson in genius)

and of course, Twinsen
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 05:54:02 am by .TakaM »

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2008, 05:40:43 am »
  • Silly cat!
It wont be easy but I'll give this a go.

NES
Super Mario Bros.
Balloon Fight

SNES
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Super Metroid
Super Mario Kart

N64
Super Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Paper Mario
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Banjo-Kazooie
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Yoshi's Story
Snowboard Kids
Lylat Wars

GCN
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Resident Evil 4
F-Zero GX
Pikmin 2
Animal Crossing

Wii
Super Mario Galaxy
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

Gameboy (Advance)
Pokemon Silver
Pokemon Fire Red
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Metroid Fusion
Golden Sun
Tetris DX

Nintendo DS:
Super Mario 64 DS
Mario Kart DS
Animal Crossing: Wild World
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
WarioWare Touched!

PS2
Shadow of the Colossus
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
God of War
Final Fantasy X

Xbox
Halo
Halo 2
Mashed

BioShock

PC
Unreal Tournament

So yeah, GameCube is my favourite console :). I'd imagine my 360 list will expand when I actually get a 360 >_>
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 05:45:53 am by Hoffy »

Hoffy.
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2008, 01:26:15 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Elderscrolls: Morrowind (Oblivion was never as good as Morrowind IMHO)
Harvest Moon: Back to Nature (ahh, the hours of my youth I wasted on this)
Super Mario 64 (my first ever N64 game)
The Lion King (my first ever game ever on the Sega Mega Drive II...ahh, nostalgia)
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2008, 06:46:51 pm »
I quote myself from a while back, as it still applies:

1. Tales of Symphonia (Gamecube ~ Namco) - Wow, just wow. This was the first game I played in the Tales-series and I instantly fell in love with it. The fact that I played through this 50-hour long game alltogether with my friend in co-op mode didn't make things worse. Beautiful graphics, great story, loveable characters and the best RPG battle system I've seen to this date made me and my friend love this game. Even though all these points are great, the story really weigh out them all. There were so many great twists. I've by now played through the game tens of times and I never get bored it (maybe because my memory sucks so I forget the story), but still.  8)

2. Super Smash Brothers Melee (Gamecube ~ Nintendo, HAL) - My first GC game. Combines party experience with familiar characters to make an throughout awesome game. The in-game counter shows 600 hours played, which I think says it all. Hours and hours can be spent at either perfecting your scores or just messing around with friends. The events system was a great feature too.

3. Banjo Kazooie/Banjo Tooie (Nintendo 64 ~ Rare) - Actually Banjo Kazooie was one of the first game I ever played. I seriously cannot think of a single flaw in these games, just downright awesomeness. And just gotta love the humour of the games, not many games feature this which I do think is a great plus. Kickass graphics and music and a layout similar to Super Mario 64, just more loveable. How can you forget the bouncing pumpkin or the jinjos. So many great gaming moments came from these gmaes.

4. Link's Awakening (Game Boy ~ Nintendo) - My first Zelda game. Need I to say more? ItD shaped my understanding of Zelda and made me love it. While the story may not be terrific, the gameplay really weighs it out. Play it!

5. Donkey Kong 64 (Nintendo 64 ~ Rare) - I like platformers, that's a fact. Donkey Kong 64 satisfies all such needs and delivers a fantastic gaming experience. The layout is very similar to Banjo Kazooie yet it's very different. The music is really kickass and is the main reason why I love this game so much. I played it so much as a kid, spent hours on hit. Yet I have never actually completed the game. Something kept me from doing it, may it be lazyness. Or just wanting to save the satisfaction of actually completing such an awesome game (wow that sounded cheesy).
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 06:49:35 pm by Soulrivers »

uma

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2008, 01:17:18 am »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.
Hay guyz what bou't:

Dark Cloud
Rogue Galaxy
FF3(NES)
Saga Frontier 2
Kingdom Heartz?
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2008, 09:58:38 am »
  • Silly cat!
Oh yeah, here's that post from that other topic. My Top 5:

5: Pokemon Silver Version (GBC ~ Game Freak) - There's just no telling the amount of hours I spent with this game. It must have been at least over 500. The point is, Pokemon Silver is a game that delivers. Most claim that the original 150 and the Red and Blue Versions are the definite versions, but the truth is Pokemon Gold and Silver are games with a completely different atmosphere over the other games. This is the game that focused on Japanese culture, and when you were done, there was a whole other world to revisit. It did so much for such a limited handheld. It introduced the "cell" phone, the day/night system, the gender system and the two-world system. And you know what else? The game was beatable. It wasn't so difficult to collect 250 of those critters as it was to catch 400. Oh, and Lugia is better than Ho-oh, so that makes this the best Pokemon game.

4: Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (GCN ~ Intelligent Systems) - I was skeptical about adding this game to the list, as it wasn't necessarily perfect, nor is widely attributed as a popular GameCube game. But the truth is, Paper Mario and the Thousand-Year Door is a wonderful journey. Beginning on the light note that a Mario game always does (the Princess getting kidnapped), the game proved it was going to be a different adventure on the second Mario arrived in Rogueport -- Thieves, Dragons, Ghosts, Demons, Pirates, Aliens, Haunted Boxing Rings -- the game has everything, to the point that it really doesn't seem like a Mario game. By the end, the game takes on such a dark tone that it's just incredible. But I won't spoil it all. There's a story to be told with this Paper Mario, a story hidden behind the ultimate gaming charmer that is Mario Mario.

3: Banjo-Kazooie (N64 ~ Rare) - I love adventure games. In fact, that was all I enjoyed when I was a child. The three games I played to death were Super Mario 64, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and Banjo-Kazooie. And what was the best out of all of those? Good old Bear-and-Bird. Banjo-Kazooie represents everything Nintendo tried to do with Super Mario 64, but instead it adds more charm, structure, themes, improved controls, challenge, as well as Rare's superior texturing and level design. Banjo-Kazooie was the adventure game to own. From the haunted corridors of Mad Monster Mansion, to the shark-infested waters of Treasure Trove Cove, and even through every season in Click Clock Wood, Banjo-Kazooie took me through a world I often come back to time-to-time. It's Rare's prime N64 game, best adventure game, and serves well as a childhood memory. There's simply nothing like it, this game is magic.

2: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (GCN ~ Nintendo) - Not everyone needs a Zelda game on their list, but majority of people do. The problem is, there's not enough room for all of them. Hell, there isn't even enough room for two of them. It has to come down to one, and that's not an easy choice to make. But for me, my favorite Zelda game is Wind Waker. This game took everything all of the other Zelda games were about and flooded it with vast ocean and 49 individual islands, each one could be explored at the adventurer's pace. And you know what, that's the exact feeling I got in Wind Waker. I was an adventurer. This was sea. I was free to explore all of it when I wanted to. I felt like I was right there in that sailing boat. I just used to wonder what surprises would be there when I got to the island on the horizon... it's all uncharted territory, and it's all massive. To top it off, there's a great storyline, fun dungeons, humor and a terrific art style. But most of all, it was refreshing to go way out of Hyrule, and just to see Zelda differently. A notable mention to Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time for never getting too tedious (I'm looking at you, Triforce Quest) and of course to Majora's Mask for it's darker storyline. But otherwise, this is the Zelda game to own.

1: Resident Evil 4 (GCN ~ Capcom) - It's not necessarily so easy for a guy like me to turn down a Zelda game from the number 1 spot on his favorite games list, but when you bring Resident Evil 4 into the equation, it's too hard to resist. When I first purchased Resident Evil 4, I was skeptical. I had never played a Resident Evil game before, I had never played a survival-horror game before, I had never really bought a game that could possibly scare me before. All I had was public opinion that this game rocked, and if I had a GameCube I had to own it. So I went ahead and got it, only to discover that Resident Evil 4 is one of the most enjoyable, most heart-pounding (kind of), most action-packed games I've ever played. The story is a little simple, but that doesn't take away from the sheer skill, and sheer fun of being able to protect yourself, and the President's daughter from blind guys with wolverine claws, hordes of zombies, and of course, the chainsaw-wielding Ganados. But not everything about the game is creepy and atmospheric; by the end, you're having so much fun fighting your way to Lord Saddler that you wonder why you were ever afraid of this game. And you know what? The game is funny too. Was I the only one who laughed when Leon screamed after Mike's death (I mean, come on, he barely knew the guy)? Or when Leon told Hunnigan that "something happened to the people here"? Oh, it's also funny to see a Ganado trip over while trying to chase me. And finally, Resident Evil 4 is the only game I've ever played in which I wanted to play again at the moment I finished. RE4 is my favorite game on any console, and I'll definitely be purchasing the Wii version. I mean, it's so good I may as well buy it twice.

Hoffy.
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2008, 02:33:17 pm »
Skies of Arcadia: Legends ftw.

RPG-ing doesn't get much better than that.
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2008, 07:36:32 pm »
I've gotta say, this thread can't go far, as most of the games people love wil be games that have already been discussed heavily in other forms.

point?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.367 seconds with 60 queries.