Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: WTF? Sonics....bioware...Ds....rpg...why?  (Read 5406 times)

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
Re: WTF? Sonics....bioware...Ds....rpg...why?
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2008, 05:35:21 pm »
  • :3
Mario 64 - As explained earlier, victimized by its times. Poor to mediocre game.
Super Mario Sunshine - They fixed up the mechanics, but added the FLUDD and changed the setting and atmosphere to something that Mario isn't. This one's average at best. Mario fans should've been repulsed by this thing honestly.
New Super Mario Bros. - Why hello there awkward physics! Not a true 3D Mario but Mario didn't have enough to cover really. This game was fun for the first level and then became a chore. Poor.
Super Mario Galaxy - AAA title. GotY IMO. Turn around for the Mario series.

Please, kill yourself. Mario 64 a poor to mediocre game? That game was amazing! Great level design, great gameplay, great soundtrack, great replay value, great everything!
Super Mario Sunshine- the FLUDD was a very original idea that enhanced the platforming and made for more inginuity in Sunshine. Seriously. Oh, and the fact that it was optional for a lot of things, other than some missions. Changed the atmosphere to something Mario isn't? Go and play the hidden levels! This is just as much of a platforming game as 64 was, and every bit as good, if not better.
New Super Mario Bros. was an absolute joy for me to play, and come on, you can hardly open up a slam on a 2D platformer with "awkward physics", which is false anyway. I played it right through to the end, and for me it controlled flawlessly.
Super Mario Galaxy- You're probably only saying that because of all the hype you've heard about it. For me it was a little disappointing, because it didn't feel quite like Mario, because obviously the platforming elements and whole scenario were a little different, so it just feels like it has something different. Don't get me wrong it's great, but the fact the levels were centred around their missions rather than doing them as you explore like in the previous titles makes it somewhat less fun for me, because that's what I loved 3D Mario games for- unlimited exploration and messing about. Some of the levels just felt, even though they were in space, contained. It's awesome, but not quite as good as 64. About on a par with Sunshine, I'd say.
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2008, 07:45:52 pm »
When I heard this I laughed because making a game about a character who is known because of it's speed into a turned based that will obviously  not be a fast adventure game would suck...but maybe changing sonic into an RPG could be better than having to play these fast sucky games they always make.
This is an english website, please speak it.
l0l wut? o_0

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2008, 07:46:29 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Wow. Look at all this arguing. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Here's mine.

I personally can't wait. RPG's are my favorite genre, and Sonic is one of my favorite franchises (Kirby is my fav). I admit, the 3D Sonic games weren't as fast paced as the 2D ones. The only bad 2D Sonic I can think of is Sonic Advance 2 (collect 7 special rings hidden so well you'll NEED a guide to find them all in one playthrough!) But this should turn out well. And about Mario 64. Great game! Only thing that sucked was the camera.

They're moving SO FAR away from the very thing that the game was based off of when it was created.

Myth: Sonic is built off of speedy gameplay.
Fact: Sonic games are about engaging platforming, much like Mario. The two series are very similar, Sonic just happens to be slightly faster paced (You can thank Sonic 2 for that) Most of the games that tried to focus on RAW SPEED sucked. Advance 2, Sonic Heroes, 06 Speed Stages, etc. The trick to a good Sonic game is a mixture of atmosphere and fun platforming, mixed with variety.

Think about the Mario RPGs. They had their fair share of platforming action. (Superstar Saga, anyone). And in this, some characters could use OW abilities such as Sonic spin-dashing through a wall or Knuckles breaking a rock or Tails flying up to hit a switch. You get the idea. Still platforming. Heck, if they bring Big into the fray, then a fishing mini-game would be possible! Although some will argue, "They got the idea from Zelda." Too bad. With the traits of each character, a truly awesome game could be had!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 08:45:29 pm by MetaKirby »

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2008, 08:20:41 pm »
  • Taste the soup of my brain!
The Sonic RPG will suck if they can't get the feeling of speed into it.  (I think that's why Sonic and the Secret Rings sucked.  You just couldn't keep your speed going for long without hitting something that would slow you down, like a wall or whatnot.  There were things everywhere that looked like harmless scenery that... well...  you couldn't go through.)

Now, I have to admit, if they were to cut all the story after Sonic&Knuckles (including or not including Shadow), and make the "good" fights take place at blazing fast speeds (perhaps have both enemies running really fast down something like a highway or a long stretch of desert) then it could be potentially good.

I just don't think that's BioWare's cup of tea, though.  (The battles.  I think the cutting the stories down would suit them just fine)
She'll pull out your feathers for her brand new hat and when she's done that she'll feed you to her cat.
People you love will turn their backs on you.  You'll lose your hair, your teeth. Your knife will fall of its sheath, but you still don't like to leave until the end of the movie.
If I threw my guitar out the window, so far down, would I start to regret it?  Or would I smile and watch it slowly fall?
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2008, 08:23:27 pm »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
Mom. Dad. This is my suicide note.
 :(
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2008, 08:37:03 pm »
O_o

I hope you're kidding, man.  Because I don't like to see things like that.  One of my friends committed suicide, well actually, he failed at it and got help.  He tried to do it in a very stupid way, though...  He tried to use a belt around his neck to suffocate himself, while other people were home, and without doing anything to make sure they couldn't undo it.  But yeah, don't do suicide.  It's not the smart thing.

Oh, and a Sonic RPG just doesn't seem that great.  And it better not have an overworld...  And I'd kinda like a battle system similar to Grandia... notice I say "similar to".

Actually, thinking about it, since it's a bioware RPG, it's quite likely that it's battle system will be melded together with everything else.  Think Mass Effect, where you can pull out your weapons while exploring, or KotOR, where you could wave your weapons around inside the cities and whatnot.  How would that work with Sonic?
She'll pull out your feathers for her brand new hat and when she's done that she'll feed you to her cat.
People you love will turn their backs on you.  You'll lose your hair, your teeth. Your knife will fall of its sheath, but you still don't like to leave until the end of the movie.
If I threw my guitar out the window, so far down, would I start to regret it?  Or would I smile and watch it slowly fall?

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2008, 08:49:25 pm »
OW abilities. And by OW, I mean all the area outside of a dungeon. No random battles, of course. Just meld it into the gameplay. And by OW abilities, I mean moves that can only be performed while you aren't in combat with an enemy. Some go both ways, but I think it should work out quite well.

• Mirby Studios
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2008, 10:23:32 pm »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
O_o

I hope you're kidding, man.  Because I don't like to see things like that.  One of my friends committed suicide, well actually, he failed at it and got help.  He tried to do it in a very stupid way, though...  He tried to use a belt around his neck to suffocate himself, while other people were home, and without doing anything to make sure they couldn't undo it.  But yeah, don't do suicide.  It's not the smart thing.

You were kidding, right? Cos I was.
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2008, 10:31:46 pm »
O_o

You were kidding, right? Cos I was.

Off-topic: Since when was suicide okay to joke about? I've had two suicides in my life (grandma and dad) and it's not funny. So don't joke about it. There is nothing funny about it at all.

On-topic: Judging by BioWare's history, there is a good chance this will be an AWESOME game.

• Mirby Studios

BuffaloBurgers

U B DA WAT!?
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2008, 12:29:43 am »
Please, kill yourself.

You're entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to mine. Even if yours is wrong.

EEE HUNG HUNG HA HA

COLORADO 27 - OKLAHOMA 24

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2008, 12:32:31 am »
  • Xiphirx
I see the bright side in things..
like ripping the tiles to use for WW!

They are perfectly perfect!
  • For The Swarm

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2008, 12:54:53 am »
to be honest, this is the first time I've seen screenies. looks the the Southern Island gameplay from Sonic Rush Adventure. That worked great.

• Mirby Studios

BuffaloBurgers

U B DA WAT!?
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2008, 12:58:25 am »

EEE HUNG HUNG HA HA

COLORADO 27 - OKLAHOMA 24

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2008, 01:07:21 am »
I wasn't dismissing it. I can't wait for it. And those screenies are quite awesome!

• Mirby Studios
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2008, 01:25:09 am »
I'd seen the screenies...  They do LOOK good, but graphics aren't everything.  And honestly, I sense no Sonic speed within them...  And that's partially why I don't think the game will be good.

EDIT:

Forgot the second reason..  The movement is controlled with the Stylus, according to one of those pages.  I didn't like that in Phantom Hourglass, and I doubt I'll like it here.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 01:27:28 am by trelantana »
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2008, 02:50:31 am »
I see the bright side in things..
like ripping the tiles to use for WW!

They are perfectly perfect!

What tiles?  The environments are painted. 
You rich !@#$%. I wish I could afford AIDs.
Payback's a !@#$% :P BTW Mamoruanime was here
  • [my deviantART gallery]

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2008, 07:06:28 am »
  • Xiphirx
Don't worry well find a way... >_> some day  :'(
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2008, 04:31:07 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Forgot the second reason..  The movement is controlled with the Stylus, according to one of those pages.  I didn't like that in Phantom Hourglass, and I doubt I'll like it here.

Agreed about the PH thing. My hand kept on getting in the way of the screen, make trying to see what was going on really annoying.
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2008, 07:00:19 pm »
Mario 64 - As explained earlier, victimized by its times. Poor to mediocre game.
Super Mario Sunshine - They fixed up the mechanics, but added the FLUDD and changed the setting and atmosphere to something that Mario isn't. This one's average at best. Mario fans should've been repulsed by this thing honestly.
New Super Mario Bros. - Why hello there awkward physics! Not a true 3D Mario but Mario didn't have enough to cover really. This game was fun for the first level and then became a chore. Poor.

I have no idea how you can say Mario 64 is a mediocre game. It was the milestone for Mario, Nintendo and all of 3D. Despite the graphics it is even to date, IMO, an amazing game. But then again, what is nostalgia if not poor graphics?
I agree Super Mario Sunshine wasn't an terribly good game. !@#$% camera and lack of good challenges kind of ruined it.

Mario was the king until SMS, and then rose to the top, once again, with SMG, no doubt.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2008, 01:00:03 am »
  • b e p i s

I have no idea how you can say Mario 64 is a mediocre game. It was the milestone for Mario, Nintendo and all of 3D. Despite the graphics it is even to date, IMO, an amazing game. But then again, what is nostalgia if not poor graphics?
I agree Super Mario Sunshine wasn't an terribly good game. !@#$% camera and lack of good challenges kind of ruined it.

Mario was the king until SMS, and then rose to the top, once again, with SMG, no doubt.

I think I'm the only one who thought SMS was an incredible game. On the face of the earth.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.589 seconds with 77 queries.

anything