Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: There Will Be Blood  (Read 635 times)

There Will Be Blood
« on: February 19, 2008, 05:28:15 am »
I just saw the movie There Will Be Blood today. It's one of those movies that's so intense, and so powerful that it rips you right out of the theater, throws you around, crushes you, beats you, and hits you over the head with a bowling pin. It's not that it's overly violent. It's not that it's overly gory (indeed, there's hardly any blood in the film at all). It's the way that it's all portrayed that makes it work. The performances are some of the best you will ever see, and I'll be damned if Daniel Day-Lewis doesn't win the Oscar for best actor. The characters, particularly the main character Daniel Plainview, are what drive the movie, and make it the most powerful 2 and a half hours of film you will ever see. It's one of those movies where you can't look away: all you can do is sit there, eyes wide open and mouth agape, and just stare at this brilliant piece of cinema. It's a movie that transcends mere cinema and goes beyond, and makes every effort to take you there with it. And it's a movie that succeeds at every term.

There's a reason it was nominated for 8 Oscars.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 09:48:09 pm by InvaderLupus »

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
Re: There Will Be Blood
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 11:54:16 am »
I hate to gravedig, but I'd rather not start a new topic exactly the same as one that was made less than a month ago.

I didn't originally post in this topic because I hadn't seen the film, but earlier today I did just that. And not only do I now understand InvaderLupus's bowling pin reference, I also see that he is completely correct in his original post. There Will Be Blood is a fantastic piece of cinema, and it deserves to be discussed. Hopefully more people will have seen it now.

Also, the main characters name is Daniel Plainview, not Plainfield. Just thought I'd clear that up.

Oh, and the last scene was absolutely brilliant. The milkshake analogy was the best thing I've ever heard.

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 4468-1342-3783

gm112

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 12:08:11 pm »
@offtopic: Racoon Boy, the topics only 11 days old O-o.. I doubt the mods would care.
But yeah, the movie sounds very convincing. I've not yet seen it myself, but you guys really make it sound good.
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 05:49:00 am »
Only 11 days? I think you'd better do that math again...

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 4468-1342-3783
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 41 queries.