Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 666!  (Read 3718 times)

666!
« on: May 12, 2006, 08:26:53 pm »
Get your pitch forks ready! THE DEMON KIDS ARE COMMING!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-2158015,00.html

Mothers expect Damien on 6/6/06
Tony Allen-Mills

FOR one group of expectant mothers, their due date holds an extra dimension of dread. The prospect of giving birth on June 6, 6/6/06, has prompted talk of spawning devil children on Armageddon day.
A British self-help group that usually exchanges routine tips on parenting has turned its attention to the dangers of a date marked by the satanic symbol.

For Hollywood and the worldwide entertainment industry it is by contrast a once-in-a- century opportunity to turn evil into gold. Leading the charge is 20th Century Fox, whose remake of The Omen, the classic 1970s horror film, will appear on June 6.

The approach of the sixth day of the sixth month of a new century???s sixth year has prompted animated discussion among women participating in the website of Mother & Baby, a British parenting magazine.

One pregnant woman, Francesca Renouf, said she had been so worried that she had booked a doctor???s appointment to ensure that she would avoid giving birth on the sixth.

Others appeared to take the dangers less seriously. One woman, Emma Parker, wrote that she intends to call her baby Damien, after the satanic boy in The Omen. Another, Donna Magnante, said she would name her baby after Regan in The Exorcist.

In America the marketing of the apocalypse is well under way. Slayer, one of America???s most popular heavy metal rock groups, will start its Unholy Alliance tour, subtitled Preaching to the Perverted.

Crown Forum, a US publishing giant, has seized on 666 as the perfect date for the launch of Godless, a new anti-liberal political polemic by Ann Coulter, a prominent right-wing columnist.

And inevitably the internet is awash with frenzied doomsday debate and 666 speculation, all reflecting America???s continuing obsession with angels, devils and the possible nature of heaven and hell.

While some Armageddon believers fear that 6/6/06 will be ???a day of satanic power??? that may be marked by a comet hitting the Earth, others believe that the world is coming closer to what is widely known as ???the rapture??? ??? the moment the Lord calls the Christian faithful home and millions of born-again evangelicals will suddenly disappear from the Earth, leaving non-believers behind.

On one popular evangelical website last week, a ???rapture index??? that calculates the likelihood of the Lord???s arrival stood at 156 ??? which the website declared was time to ???fasten your seatbelts???. By contrast, another website claimed that the Antichrist had already arrived ??? he is supposedly George (six letters) Walker (six letters) Bush Jr (six letters), the president whose name adds up to 666. ???The violence and destruction that began when Bush first entered office is now certain to culminate in the apocalypse, as predicted in the Bible over 2,000 years ago,??? warned Stephen Hanchett at isbushantichrist.blogspot.com.

The 666 phenomenon is based on a disputed passage from the Book of Revelation, which in several popular versions declares the ???number of the beast??? to be 666 ??? although some biblical scholars claim there was a mistranslation and the number should really be 616.

Either way, John Moore, the Irish director of The Omen remake ??? entitled Omen 666 ??? realised that June 6 was too good a date to miss for a film about a sinister child named Damien who turns out to be the Antichrist. ???It???s a fantastic marketing gimmick,??? Moore said. ???We figured if we could hit this date it would make it all the more interesting.???

The only devils in Coulter???s book are abortion-loving Democrats, but that hasn???t stopped her publisher making the most of 666. Coulter, a tall blonde with a mean anti-liberal streak, is the bestselling author of How to Talk to a Liberal (If You Must).

Her new book, subtitled The Church of Liberalism, is reportedly even more bilious, with chapters such as ???On the seventh day God rested and Liberals schemed???, and ???The holiest sacrament: abortion???.

Joining Slayer on the musical front is the cult death metal group Deicide, which calls itself ???Satan???s favourite band???. Its latest album, The Stench of Redemption, is scheduled for release on what it calls ???the most unholy of days, 6/6/06???.

The majority of Americans may well conclude that if the last 6/6/06 (in 1906) failed to end in apocalypse, they might survive this one, too. But the current vogue for horror films suggests that the omens for Fox???s Omen 666 may be bright whatever the release date.

Unless of course anyone notices the numerological significance of ???Fox???. As one contributor to Arianna Huffington???s blog pointed out last week, F is the sixth letter of the alphabet, O is the 15th letter (1+5=6) and X is the 24th letter (2+4=6). Could Fox be the studio of the Beast?

Dun....DUN....DUHHH

lol, I love the last paragraph.
Re: 666!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 08:28:46 pm »

Awesome story.
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 08:32:43 pm »

Awesome story.

:), just as a note, we're not in spam.
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 08:41:16 pm »
I know, I said "awesome story."

bran371

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 08:43:54 pm »
XD

Especially at the part about Fox. XD

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 08:44:51 pm »
That Fox-part was fun.

Seriously, this is lol!
  • Me on deviantART

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2006, 08:45:15 pm »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
DATS SOME CRAZY !@#$%!!

Anyway on 666 they are showing a remake of one of the coolest horror films ever its called omen..I highly doubt itll be as good as the original
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2006, 08:48:53 pm »
Im goner bag myself a demon corpse :P. They won't see what hit them!

aab

^ Evolved from a Hobbit
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2006, 09:36:08 pm »
Ill make a playlist especially for the day...Heaven and hell, Two Minutes To Midnight, The prophecy, The Number Of The Beast, Total Eclipse, The Edge Of Darkness, Gates Of Tommorrow, The Gates Of Hell, Go To Hell, Bad Religion, The Possibility Of Lifes Desctruction, Episode 666, Countdown To Extinction, Reckoning Day, To The End Of Everything, Seven Gates Of Hell, After Forever, and theres definately some people being (final song) Paranoid.

Fox: "The studio of the beast".
I wonder how many times in the last 13.7 Billion years there has been a date like this?

hmm.. I think the '0' ruins it.
=>No demons, just a few uglier than usual babies :).

I ♥ Sol
.... I ♥ Sol ? wtf how long has that been there? >_> *rrrrrrrrar*
  • MySpace

SwordsGateSCAS

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2006, 10:24:53 pm »
Heaven and hell, Two Minutes To Midnight, The prophecy, The Number Of The Beast, Total Eclipse, The Edge Of Darkness, Gates Of Tommorrow, The Gates Of Hell, Go To Hell, Bad Religion, The Possibility Of Lifes Desctruction, Episode 666, Countdown To Extinction, Reckoning Day, To The End Of Everything, Seven Gates Of Hell, After Forever, and theres definately some people being (final song) Paranoid.

great line up ill listen to these for sure my fravote's
iron maiden rocks so if your in to rap people you suck lol listen to this join the best music in the world
RAP SUCKS
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2006, 11:41:56 pm »
well it is 6/6/2006 u see >.<
the only real 6/6/6 was 2000 years ago ;)
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2006, 06:44:22 am »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
well it is 6/6/2006 u see >.<
the only real 6/6/6 was 2000 years ago ;)
He's got a point...even IF you were to believe this crap, 666 is 2000 years late :P

EDIT: Shame on me for not seeing this earlier:
iron maiden rocks so if your in to rap people you suck lol listen to this join the best music in the world
RAP SUCKS
That's just an opinion. ONE OPINION. You can't say that someone sucks based on something as trival as taste in music. And no, I'm not that much of a fan of rap music either so don't go "lawlz rapfan shut upz".
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 10:35:01 am by NeoGeo-x »
My name is Pitt

SwordsGateSCAS

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2006, 10:55:59 am »
oh come on rap sucks big time
mostly every one i know knows this
rap is borning its stupid i hate the stuff
iron maiden is the best band around
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2006, 11:31:44 am »
Dude i'd live to of been born on the 6/6/06 and then become a pope XD
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2006, 11:45:07 am »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
A wise man once said: "Everyone to his taste".
My name is Pitt
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2006, 08:52:45 pm »
I don't like Rap either, but, don't diss it without backing it up with facts.
And, Iron Maiden being the best band in the world?
Ha, Ha, HA.
Iron Maiden is not the best band in the world, Rock is the best kind of music IMO, but, Iron Maiden?
XD
Now, let's not turn this into a musical debate.

XD @ This Topic, it wins XD

.TakaM was here.
so my friend stole a giant bag of ketchup out of the ketchup pumping things and brought it to our table and we took it in the bathroom and i smashed it over the sink and kicked it around the bathroom and smeared it everywhere and we all took turns kicking the ketchup out of it and when we were done it looked like an african village was murdered in the bathroom
XFD.
  • Awesome Land
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2006, 02:05:16 am »
  • When you express in one word, “the anus”
The inspection sticker on my dads truck is 6/6/06 :O
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2006, 11:41:12 am »
  • Lurking With Style
Funny article, especially the bit about Fox. Of course, nothing 'devilish' willl happen on 6/6/06

he is supposedly George (six letters) Walker (six letters) Bush Jr (six letters), the president whose name adds up to 666
Ha. Some people will use any opportunity to slag bush off.
  • Kousou Games

aab

^ Evolved from a Hobbit
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2006, 12:36:46 am »
I don't like Rap either, but, don't diss it without backing it up with facts.
And, Iron Maiden being the best band in the world?
Ha, Ha, HA.
Iron Maiden is not the best band in the world, Rock is the best kind of music IMO, but, Iron Maiden?
XD
Now, let's not turn this into a musical debate.

XD @ This Topic, it wins XD
Iron Maiden are awsome!
You've made Eddie sad...

lol.
I'm almost all metal, but ill look and see if i can get some Naz or Wutang with demonic lyrics too (hard as it'll be), 'cause raps good coming from the pros  8)
Theres a 99% chance i'll forget about this day ... so ... pm me someone: " Its 666: Your gonna die with your boots on "

I ♥ Sol
.... I ♥ Sol ? wtf how long has that been there? >_> *rrrrrrrrar*
  • MySpace
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2006, 12:49:19 am »
Yep, Iron Maiden is awesome ;P i like the number of the beast song, really cool intro.. <.< well that they i have my.. first exam <.<
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 72 queries.

anything