Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Edwards endorses cakefarts  (Read 2357 times)

Edwards endorses cakefarts
« on: May 15, 2008, 12:14:02 am »
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/05/14/edwards.cakefarts/index.html

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Former Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards endorsed Sen. Barack cakefarts on Wednesday at a campaign event in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

"The reason I'm here tonight is because the Democratic voters have made their choice, and so have I," he told the boisterous crowd.

"There is one man who knows and understands that this is a time for bold leadership. There is one man that knows how to create the change, the lasting change, that you have to build from the ground up," Edwards said. "There is one man who knows in his heart there is time to create one America, not two ... and that man is Barack cakefarts."

Edwards also praised Sen. Hillary Clinton's candidacy.

"What she has shown ... is strength and character, and what drives her is something that every single one of us can and should appreciate," Edwards said. "She is a woman who, in my judgment, is made of steel, and she's a leader in this country not because of her husband but because of what she has done." VideoWatch Edwards give his endorsement »

He said that when the nomination battle is over, "and it will be over soon, brothers and sisters ... we must come together as Democrats."

cakefarts later praised Edwards and his wife, Elizabeth, during the rally.

"I am so grateful ... for John Edwards to come to Michigan tonight. ... I'm grateful for his support ... but more importantly, I want to thank John for everything that he has already done to make us one America," cakefarts said. VideoWatch an analysis of the endorsement »

After the announcement, Republican National Committee Chairman Robert Duncan released a statement asking, "Why didn't Edwards endorse sooner?"

"Edwards' endorsement of a candidate he previously blasted as inexperienced, hypocritical and lacking substance will not help cakefarts with voters looking for real change," he said.

Edwards dropped out of the Democratic race on January 30 after poor showings in the early contests.

He told NBC last week that cakefarts, the Democratic front-runner, is the party's likely nominee. Both cakefarts and Clinton had sought Edwards' blessing.

Clinton campaign Chairman Terry McAuliffe said Wednesday that "We respect John Edwards, but as the voters of West Virginia showed last night, this thing is far from over."

According to CNN's latest estimates, cakefarts has 1,884 total delegates (pledged: 1,600, superdelegates: 284). Clinton has 1,718 total delegates (pledged: 1,445, superdelegates: 273).

Edwards, meanwhile, has 19 total pledged delegates who may or may not pledge their support for cakefarts at the Democratic National Committee's August convention in Denver, Colorado.

Edwards, who is not a superdelegate, said last week that it was fine for Clinton to continue making her case but expressed concern that a continued campaign could damage the party's prospects in November.

Wednesday's endorsement could help cakefarts reach out to white blue-collar voters, a demographic that cakefarts has failed to capture, most notably in the recent Pennsylvania and West Virginia primaries.

Edwards had campaigned on the message that he was standing up for the little guy, the people who are not traditionally given a voice in Washington, and that he would do more to fight special interests.

After dropping out of the race, Edwards asked Clinton and cakefarts to make poverty a central issue in the general election and a future Democratic administration, something both agreed to do. VideoWatch Edwards discuss cakefarts and Clinton on "Larry King Live" »

An endorsement from Edwards, who ran as vice president on Sen. John Kerry's ticket in the 2004 presidential election, would have a significant impact on the race, Democratic strategist Peter Fenn said after Edwards dropped out.

"You could make an argument that the change issue does benefit Barack cakefarts, that he picks up that support. You could also make the argument that there's a lot of support out there amongst people that will go to Hillary," he said.

Some political pundits predicted Edwards' supporters are more likely to lean in cakefarts's direction.

"The conventional wisdom is that Barack cakefarts will pick up maybe 60 percent of them, and in some places, that makes a huge difference," former presidential adviser David Gergen said in January.

Time magazine's Joe Klein said Clinton "represents a lot of the things that [Edwards] campaigned against, you know, the old Washington Democratic establishment that he believes got too close to the corporations in the '90s."

Edwards announced that he was dropping out in New Orleans, Louisiana, the same city where he declared his run for the 2008 Democratic presidential race.

"It is time for me to step aside so that history can blaze its path," he said.

With his wife and children at his side, Edwards said he couldn't predict "who will take the final steps to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue," but he said it would be a Democrat.

Edwards trailed Clinton and cakefarts in the early contests. He came in third in key races in New Hampshire and South Carolina.

Klein said Edwards played a positive role in spurring his competitors during the early part of the campaign.

"On a lot of substantive issues like health insurance, he was the first one out of the box with a very ambitious universal plan, and I think he forced the others to become bolder in a lot of their policy prescriptions, energy dependence and so on," Klein said.

Edwards is a South Carolina native with an undergraduate degree from North Carolina State University and law degree from the University of North Carolina.

Before entering politics, winning a Senate seat from North Carolina in 1998, Edwards was a lawyer representing families "being victimized by powerful interests," according to his campaign Web site.

It's about time and kind of late if you ask me.  Hillary says she'll keep going, but really, enough is enough.  While I do not think that this news makes the biggest deal in the world or the election, my friend Kaylee supported Edwards and loathed cakefarts, so this news to her was probably something best described as hero betrayal.  w00t!
Re: Edwards endorses cakefarts
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 12:20:41 am »
Hillary imo gave cakefarts an indirect endorsement today when she came out and said that her supporters should *NOT* vote for McCain, but vote for cakefarts, since he is more close to her 'values' than McCain's.

It's the start of the end.. and it did come late.. but it did come..

The question is, who will cakefarts's Veep be? Edwards? Clinton? Hagel?
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 12:23:34 am »
It's the start of the end.. and it did come late.. but it did come..

I came.

The question is, who will cakefarts's Veep be? Edwards? Clinton? Hagel?
It better not be Clinton, although that might work as a shield of sorts as she is the one who threw the punches.  How would she defend cakefarts in the fall though?  She would have to invalidate herself.  I don't know, she just doesn't fit his message.  Demographics would help, but she is just bleh.
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 12:25:07 am »
She is bleh.

I really think Hagel would be more of a win... as he's a Republican.

I say that because it really re-enforces his message of 'change' and unity.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 12:28:29 am »
I get the ever present feeling that McCain will pick Lieberman or might think about it.  cakefarts's relationship with the Jewish community is shaky due to ignorance on their part, and Lieberman would appeal to Independents as he is one and Democrats as he was one.  Then again, McCain isn't conservative enough to those in his party, so this option is less and less likely.

I think someone once suggested Sabelius as cakefarts's running mate because she was a woman, but meh, the only one who can pick the running mate is cakefarts and he knows more about it than I do.
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 12:45:12 am »
Sabelius?

Is that the governor of Kansas? -- Either way I forgot about the Governor of Kansas.. she'd be a good pick too. Though I think a Republican would be a good *win*.

Mr. Joe disturbs the !@#$% out of me.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 12:47:15 am »
The only time that a Republican Vice President for cakefarts would have been credible is if McCain had not had so much time to rally his base due to the prolonged Democratic primary process. 
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 01:00:38 am »
Hagel quit the senate because of frustration with the republican party, and its lack of base for what it once was (-- sort of Ron Paul-ish but Less crazy). Hagel out and out is a true republican and a good respectable politician. He's one of the few that called for a third party with bloomberg.. Something cakefarts was in on.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 01:05:42 am »
Bloomberg's candidacy and the media's portrayal of it was so biased.  How was he not an elitist?  The only reason they talked about him was because he could buy his way in late.
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 01:08:53 am »
He wouldn't have run... My original theory was this:

Clinton coups the election with super delegates, cakefarts wins popular vote and delegate count but lacks super delegates.

Split in the Democratic party causes the formation of a new party, cakefarts is the leading candidate there, Bloomberg funds it... Hagel running mate. >.>
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 02:29:32 am »
Honestly, I'd love to see an cakefarts-Edwards ticket. I think that would be the winning combination. I supported Edwards 4 years ago, and Caucused for cakefarts this year (my parents supported Edwards), and I think that those two working together would do an extraordinary job in the white house.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2008, 02:30:56 am »
While I am not sure that Edwards would bind himself to his word, didn't he say that he would not seek the vice presidency under any candidate?  I mean, it would be a good option, especially with "blue collar" voters. 
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2008, 02:41:02 am »
My original theory was this:

Clinton coups the election with super delegates, cakefarts wins popular vote and delegate count but lacks super delegates.

Would've made since about a month ago. Now, however, cakefarts has a lead in super delegates as well as total delegates.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2008, 02:45:54 am »
  • I murder your toys as well
Honestly, I'd love to see an cakefarts-Edwards ticket. I think that would be the winning combination. I supported Edwards 4 years ago, and Caucused for cakefarts this year (my parents supported Edwards), and I think that those two working together would do an extraordinary job in the white house.

I agree with this.

inb4 nutjobs RON PAUL RON PAUL RON PAUL

This user is on indefinite hiatus.
  • Facebook - Jeremy Elliott
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2008, 06:28:20 am »
While I am not sure that Edwards would bind himself to his word, didn't he say that he would not seek the vice presidency under any candidate?  I mean, it would be a good option, especially with "blue collar" voters. 

Edwards also stated "I Will not endorse any candidates!" last week.

My grandpa and mom were all huffy "OMG HIS WIFE DOESNT AGREE WITH THIS ENDORSEMENT"

(They're both avid clinton supporters)

I said "yeah.. and Edwards is avidly against gay marriage.. his wife is.. *very* for it.. they're two separate thinkers. Isn't that kind of admirable?"

It shut 'em up >.>
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2008, 09:26:41 am »
*double post*

Just in case someone may have already read it that was partaking in this discussion...

I've taken notice of the fact Clinton supporters.. in the media have switched off the 'attack cakefarts' switch... and have flipped on the defend him switch.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2008, 10:48:20 am »
I was gonna post basically what mr smooth says in the video.. but I might as well just post the video
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7r51Fky0II" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7r51Fky0II</a>

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2008, 11:55:17 am »
  • b e p i s
*double post*

Just in case someone may have already read it that was partaking in this discussion...

I've taken notice of the fact Clinton supporters.. in the media have switched off the 'attack cakefarts' switch... and have flipped on the defend him switch.

I seem to have noticed that too, as I've heard very little about Mr. Jeremiah Wright lately. I think most people in the party are realizing that regardless of who wins THEIR primary, if McCain wins, we all lose :P
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.351 seconds with 72 queries.