Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: WoW - should I get it?  (Read 2637 times)

WoW - should I get it?
« on: May 18, 2006, 09:58:45 pm »
How fun is it? Is it addictive? How many gigs does it take? I just don't know if I can or even want to spend that amount of time into a game. And how much are the fees?

Limey

Re: WoW - should I get it?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 10:09:03 pm »
Something like 4 gigs?

15$ a month.

Gets boring quickly :P
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 10:22:50 pm »
I shure think its fun.Dont be a human I repeat.Dont be a human.theyre fun untill you get to westfall. Youl be lvl 10/11 and its for lvl 14s.
Go on a relm called spirestone and be a horde character.Its fun,you just gota give it a chance.If you go on my relm i can give you as much money as you need.Im a lvl 28 undead priest and i find it fun so i hope you buy this game.
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 10:24:38 pm »
  • Fear my Blades
My friends are completely addicted to it.

I played it, and enjoyed it, but I didn't have the kind of free time they had so I wasn't leveling as fast as them.  I'm going to restart my subscription soon though, since school is close to ending.

It only gets really addicting once you make friends in it (or already have friends that start around the same time as you), and start playing with them all the time, but you have to have the time to keep up with them in level.  It's gets boring when your playing it alone after a while, because it gets slow to level and the quests start taking longer to complete.

So if you have friends with the game, and time to keep up with them in level, go for it.  If you lack friends with the game, you can always find some while playing it though.

If you get it, i'm Atruis on Twisting Nether, on the Horde.  lvl 28, but i'm slow so you could probably catch up with me in a month or two.

I've done it (sorta)!  Bloom Lighting in GameMaker, and 3D mode too!  Check out the awesome Screen Saver.
  • Kousou Games
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 10:26:06 pm »
no go on my server i got as much as 300g.lol ;D
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 10:40:20 pm »
  • Huzzowee!
No. WoW is actually a bane on society. It's not worth your time, especially since it costs money after you buy it. It's actually, in my opinion, evil.
"They say 'Don't sweat the little things!', but in the end, the little things are all that matter..."
--Alex2539
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006, 10:41:41 pm »
When I first heard of it I was gonna buy it, but then I read you actually have to PAY for it each month. Screw that.
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006, 10:44:03 pm »
 :'( :'( :'(Im sad now....I need someone to play it >:(
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2006, 10:47:35 pm »
It's fun and addictive. It's an awesome game. If you have money i suggest you try it.

I thikn blizzrad may still have a 1- day trial for WoW

you should try it.

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2006, 12:47:53 am »
  • Huzzowee!
Addictive is bad though. It's TOO addictive. People have actually lost their lives to it. Not literally, just socially. Their wives leave them, they stay alone at home, they alienate teir friends. Remember all that crap that went on with Everquest? Kinda like that. If you go here: http://www.gamerwidow.com/ , you can read about people who have lost others to WoW. It's really pathetic and why I think that MMORPG's like WoW and Everquest are bad.

Add on to the fact that people get too absorbed into it once they get addicted. I've actually heard accounts where it is the cause for child labour and social cleansing! There are a lot of Koreans who are all high-level and doing really well in the game. They got it early and got their positions through skill. In China (and other places... but a lot in China), they found that they could pay children small amounts to play for them for hours on end, and would try and trick to get rich quick. The Koreans got pissed and decided to take action by killing off any player they thought to be Chinese.

Child labour and racial cleansing = evil
Therefore
WoW = Evil
"They say 'Don't sweat the little things!', but in the end, the little things are all that matter..."
--Alex2539
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2006, 01:59:44 am »
My friend always talks about it. He originally played FFXI, but moved to WoW about a year ago.

City of Heroes is the best MMO. I'll have to renew someday. :)
  • Google Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2006, 04:12:36 am »
I have CoH. I'll play with you sometime.
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2006, 05:50:00 pm »
How fun is it? Is it addictive? How many gigs does it take? I just don't know if I can or even want to spend that amount of time into a game. And how much are the fees?

1. It's pretty fun.
2. Depends on how much free time you have.
3. Um... not that many, I don't think. My computer sucks and it can run it.
4. Depends on what package you get. It's like 12 a month, but it gives or takes depending on how many monthes you subscribe for. You can renew it when it expires too.

I suggest you only get it if you have a lot of free time. WoW is a game that takes a lot of time to play. If you don't have that time, don't bother.

Limey

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2006, 05:51:21 pm »
Hey I have CoH and CoV too, we should play some time!  What servers are you guys on?  My favorite is a lvl 20 villian on champion :P
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2006, 05:55:05 pm »
I shouldn't buy it if I was you its gonna take all your time when you're addicted. It will kill your social life.
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2006, 06:39:48 pm »
um well I  only play for 3 hours aday on average so it aint that bad.People are just jelous or hate it.Dont listen to them just do what feels right.

dylan623

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2006, 07:14:53 pm »
I've heard it's good, but I wouldn't pay $15 a month for it, there are plenty of free MMORPGs. I play RuneScape and my username is Elathron1.
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2006, 07:28:33 pm »
um but look at runescape.it has crapy graphics and is java.

dylan623

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2006, 07:34:44 pm »
um but look at runescape.it has crapy graphics and is java.
Yeah, but it's free. That's what matters. I would rather play WoW if you didn't have to pay every month.
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2006, 07:44:32 pm »
  • Its the joeshmo!
I dislike WoW, its a disgrace to Warcraft players. Warcraft turned into an RPG from an RTS game. I liked the RTS game better. The cost is to high, last I saw it was about $50 initial cost, 15 a month. Thats way to high for casual games. I would try Guild wars, I've heard they are similar, from the screenshots I've looked at the graphics on Guild wars are better anyway, and it doesn't take 4 gigs of space. Guildwars regular price is $30 for the cd's, you don't have to pay for online play. Just one cost. Actually, guildwars size is about as big as Morrowind, just under a gig of space. Not that bad. IMO guildwars>WoW. The nicer things with games you have to pay for is that there arent as many noobs though, unlike runescape which is overrun with them.
  • Netterra Virtual Pets
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 73 queries.