Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: MGS4 Ending *DO NOT CLICK UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE !@#$% SPOILED!*  (Read 2433 times)

MGS4 Ending *DO NOT CLICK UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE ...
« on: June 15, 2008, 01:12:12 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY2oFjLSXbY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY2oFjLSXbY</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS_F_Hgih2k" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS_F_Hgih2k</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEciB13jkuM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEciB13jkuM</a>

Even though I haven't played the game, yet, this has got to be on my top ten list for best game endings ever.

I just cannot believe that the Metal Gear saga has reached it's end.
I seriously am having a mixed state of emotions.  And before you start saying I am a wussy for getting attached to a video game, chill.  I didn't cry.  I am just awe-struck.  I haven't felt this emotion since I watched Return of the King back 5 years ago.  Few games grab me this much(or movies for that matter).

Excellent combination of script and music.  The music definetly make it that much more...amazing.

Just wow.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 01:14:14 am by Theforeshadower »
  • Super Fan Gamers!
Re: MGS4 Ending *DO NOT CLICK UNLESS YOU WANT TO...
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 01:13:14 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
So there isn't going to be another MGS game?
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 01:17:05 am »
Well, people speculate there may be more spinoffs on handhelds and such, but I doubt it.
Maybe remakes 20 years down the road or something on the PS7. lol
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 01:30:45 am »

God I hope there won't be, seeing as how horribly contrived this game's plot was.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 01:33:50 am by Swiftu »
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 01:32:01 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿

God I hope not, seeing as how horribly contrived this game's plot was.
What was the plot of this game?
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 01:33:22 am »

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid_4:_Guns_of_the_Patriots

Should clear things up for ya.
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 01:35:47 am »

Ha, that would just make him more confused.

(I'm calling the plot bad, btw.)
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2008, 01:39:20 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿

Ha, that would just make him more confused.

(I'm calling the plot bad, btw.)
Sounds pretty dumb.
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2008, 02:25:56 am »
  • Your expression has changed too
If there is another Metal Gear Solid, it won't be about Snake. I forget where I read that, but I'm pretty sure Konami wants to make another. Kojima isn't going to be involved though.
Ghoster Poster
  • I have a Twitter if you're into that kinda thing

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2008, 04:39:35 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Swiftu, stop trolling <_<;;

Anyway; I personally wont buy this game until they decide to port it to the Xbox360 (I'm 99.9% sure they will eventually; its like GTA3... And I dont wanna hear the speel about how its too big for a DVD; compression isn't that hard of a concept :P.), but I love MGS; I hate that I cant play it right now :P
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2008, 05:32:32 am »
I just watched the final boss fight on youtube, my god it looked quite boring. I like games with action type boss fights, the MGS 4 final boss fight looked ungodly boring.

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2008, 05:33:45 am »
I just watched the final boss fight on youtube, my god it looked quite boring. I like games with action type boss fights, the MGS 4 final boss fight looked ungodly boring.

about as fun as fighting "The End" in mgs3, huh?  (note: not fun.)

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2008, 05:38:53 am »
  • Silly cat!
WE GET IT SWIFTU.

Swiftu, stop trolling <_<;;

Anyway; I personally wont buy this game until they decide to port it to the Xbox360 (I'm 99.9% sure they will eventually; its like GTA3... And I dont wanna hear the speel about how its too big for a DVD; compression isn't that hard of a concept :P.), but I love MGS; I hate that I cant play it right now :P
Same, actually. I want it on my 360 right nao.

If it's anything like MGS2's final boss fight, then I'd imagine it would have to suck pretty bad.

In fact, MGS2 sucked quite a lot.

MGS3 rocked though. This looks good too :3

Hoffy.
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2008, 08:56:47 am »
if you played and loved the other games, the final boss fight is extremely epic.

the Beauty and the Beast corps are pretty stupid. (well the last one is pretty cool for one reason:
Show content
psycho mantis is possessing her
)

the gameplay is fun, though it is clogged with cutscenes. pretty different from other MGS games, and there are a shitload of weapons and there's some weapon customization as well.

they definitely tried way too hard to make Raiden badass. some of the cutscenes with him are so ridiculously over the top.

and seriously, don't expect it for the 360. it'd be at least 4 discs.
  • Google Profile

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2008, 09:09:26 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

Again, compression was half-assed on the PS3; they can take the cutscenes and reduce their size considerably. Don't think they're not fmvs, because they are :P

I can tell you now that they were lazy when finishing up MGS4; they had all that extra space on the discs so they didn't feel the need to compress it further
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2008, 09:12:00 am »

Again, compression was half-assed on the PS3; they can take the cutscenes and reduce their size considerably. Don't think they're not fmvs, because they are :P

I can tell you now that they were lazy when finishing up MGS4; they had all that extra space on the discs so they didn't feel the need to compress it further
they're not fmvs
  • Google Profile

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2008, 09:17:16 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Then they slacked on audio compression and image compression

I'm telling you, theres no logical reason a video game should be 25+ gigs. It's only that large because they cut corners with things that they didn't need to compress for the PS3.

That and code is clunky for the cell processor; or as John Curmack would say (paraphrasing of course), "For every 1 line of code we need for other consoles, the PS3 requires 3 to 4, and is unnecessarily redundant", so theres a lot of your space right out the gate.

Really, they could port this game to other systems without any loss of quality; they just need to compress some stuff the way most developers do by default. Easy peasy~
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2008, 05:08:32 pm »
why would they spend the time to port it anyway? Kojima hates microsoft, and there are so many playstation and playstation 3 refrences in the game. This game is literally a system seller, it's given the PS3 so many sales as well. and MGS has always been a PlayStation series. I don't think Sony (or Kojima) would let them port this game to the 360.
  • Google Profile

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2008, 05:24:22 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
why would they spend the time to port it anyway? Kojima hates microsoft, and there are so many playstation and playstation 3 refrences in the game. This game is literally a system seller, it's given the PS3 so many sales as well. and MGS has always been a PlayStation series. I don't think Sony (or Kojima) would let them port this game to the 360.

O.o... Metal Gear was always an MSX and Nintendo game. Kojima only went to playstation because MGS was far too large to work with cartridges; you make it sound like he loves the Playstation, when in reality the only reason he went to it to begin with is because Nintendo's hardware didn't support the game. Why do you think theres such a large collaboration with Nintendo these days for Kojima? He's not exclusive to the system. References can be taken out of any game, as a developer you know this- it's as simple as changing your objects and resources. So you cant use that as a hindering factor. Also, to say "Kojima hates microsoft" is like me saying Koji Igarashi hates Nintendo, or John Curmack hates PS3. It's a vague speculative comment. While they may dislike specific features/limitations of the consoles, it boils down to one thing. "$". Also, again, Sony has *NOTHING* to do with them porting their properties. I'm not sure why so many people here think the consoles own the rights to developers properties, thats not how it works.

Now I'm also not saying it will be ported; I'm saying theres a possibility it could get ported based on sales. That and Kojima is very big on getting his stories out there; he'd be foolish to limit it to such a small market. MGS4 may be good, but it's not worth $550, so it's not that much of a system seller. I want MGS4 badly, but I'm not going to go buy a PS3 for it. That's a horrible waste of money. I don't own a HDTV, so the blu-ray aspect is pointless, and to buy it for 1 or 2 games is dumb as well.

I think it's also rather funny that in the Xbox Live Marketplace is a "The Making of MGS4" video. (*random*)

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2008, 05:28:57 pm »
I said Metal Gear Solid, not Metal Gear.
I think Sony pays Konami to keep it an exlusive. Why wouldn't they? It's given the PS3 a 180% increase in sales!
I never said Kojima was exlusive to the system, I said he hates Microsoft. I read it a while back, you can look for it if you want.

and its $499 for the MGS4 80gb PS3 bundle. besides, there's more than one or two games for the PS3
  • Google Profile
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.243 seconds with 77 queries.

anything