Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: About the signature limits...  (Read 1798 times)

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
About the signature limits...
« on: July 05, 2008, 02:46:46 am »
  • Silly cat!
Can I just say to all you big men with big connections, that I may as well win the award for the Slowest Internet Connection at ZFGC, with a speed that may as well be dial-up. And, I'll have you know, that I have had no trouble in the past loading images greater than 200 pixels, or larger than 300kb. You'll find that images that are "heavy" on the kbs don't slow down the loading of the text in the posts, or the loading of the page for that matter, and I rarely struggle to load any page on ZFGC ever, as much as I struggle to load say, a page at IGN or a movie at YouTube. And to be honest, this new rule regarding signature restrictions hasn't made the slightest difference for my connection, and you (the staff) may want to consider revising this rule.

I create this thread for the input of the other dial-uppers on the forum, should there be any, as well as anyone who has been even slightly bothered by this rule.

Hoffy.
Re: About the signature limits...
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 02:55:11 am »
Just because a tall signature might not take that long to load, that only means that the one viewing it is going to be more quickly annoyed by how tall it is.  Not to be generalizing, but a lot of the more "n00bish" users tend to have excessive and over-packed signatures and seeing that stretch the page down makes me hate this place more.
Re: About the signature limits...
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 02:59:29 am »
Just because a tall signature might not take that long to load, that only means that the one viewing it is going to be more quickly annoyed by how tall it is.  Not to be generalizing, but a lot of the more "n00bish" users tend to have excessive and over-packed signatures and seeing that stretch the page down makes me hate this place more.
same for me >:( but I have seen also veterans with breaking rules animation sig, I even reported it but I don't know if a thing was made, but since I haven't seen that sig I think the user removed it with his own will..
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.369 seconds with 43 queries.