Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I can't possibly comprehend what my PS2 is doing.  (Read 2926 times)

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
I can't possibly comprehend what my PS2 is doing...
« on: July 07, 2008, 06:54:00 am »
  • Silly cat!
Okay, so my PS2 has some history...

Basically, my brother had it in his ute for a year or so. He had connected up a small screen in there as well, so he could... play the PS2 while he was driving? I don't know. It was very illegal, let me tell you. Either way, that's where it was and I wasn't going to go into his ute just to play MGS3 or FFX.

So we got it out of his ute a few days ago because my sister won SingStar in some radio contest and obviously she wanted to play it. We tried to set up but we discovered it didn't actually work. The PS2 was a brick. To be honest, I wasn't surprised and I didn't really mind that much because I needed a reason to get a PS3 anyway.

But then my sister discovered that power ran through to the PS2 when the console sat at a certain angle. I was like "lolk". But it turns out she was actually right:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92jF4cmXHuA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92jF4cmXHuA</a>

So yeah. Now my PS2 is sitting on my shelf with a broken PS2 controller being used as a support. It works, it's extremely bizarre, it's probably not safe - but I don't really mind. I can finally finish Shadow of the Colossus.

Moral to the story? I don't really know. Nor was I aware we were meant to have morals in our stories.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 07:24:34 am by Hoffy »

Hoffy.
Re: I can't possibly comprehend what my PS2 is d...
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 07:01:07 am »
dodgy.
Sounds like a piece of electronics was vibrated loose inside the thing and only makes a connection when it's tilted to that angle.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 12:51:45 pm »
  • The Mike
My friend's Gamecube had a similar position problem. If you even tried to move it a little while it was running, it would shut off. It was weird. My PS2 still works perfectly and it's the first model. I wish I had a new copy of Dark Cloud 2 to play right now.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 01:01:34 pm »
My friend's Gamecube had a similar position problem. If you even tried to move it a little while it was running, it would shut off. It was weird. My PS2 still works perfectly and it's the first model. I wish I had a new copy of Dark Cloud 2 to play right now.
<3 that game. Best game for ps2 ever.
I still haven't finished it, been going for like 60 hours.
Unfortunately I had to get a new one after lending it to a friend, it got all scratched up. And you have no idea how hard it was to find a resonably priced pal version of the game on ebay, or anywhere else.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 01:06:32 pm »
  • The Mike
Unfortunately I had to get a new one after lending it to a friend, it got all scratched up. And you have no idea how hard it was to find a resonably priced pal version of the game on ebay, or anywhere else.
I'm having troubles finding an NTSC copy. My copy is scratched up and I'm thinking that for some reason, all the Dark Cloud 2 disks must get scratched up at some point in time. My copy of Dark Cloud is not even scratched up at all.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 01:27:25 pm »
I'm having troubles finding an NTSC copy. My copy is scratched up and I'm thinking that for some reason, all the Dark Cloud 2 disks must get scratched up at some point in time. My copy of Dark Cloud is not even scratched up at all.
Weird... I think it was early last year there was about 20:1 ratio more ntsc copies everywhere I looked.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 01:31:36 pm »
  • The Mike
Weird... I think it was early last year there was about 20:1 ratio more ntsc copies everywhere I looked.
I just searched eBay just now and out of the 3 copies there (all NTSC), one seemed to be in excellent condition. I wish I could get another copy. The game freezes on me sometime during the credits after beating [spoiler=the bad guy]the Dark Oracle[/spoiler]. It starts to freeze when it shows the Oxion (futuristic train) starting to fly off the track. The rest of the game is fine before that, it just messes up at that part of the credits and I really want to do the actual last chapter.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 01:33:27 pm »
Anyone see the YouTube comments? Holy crap I rofl'd. Some people are so ignorant.
the a o d c
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 02:38:13 pm »
I just searched eBay just now and out of the 3 copies there (all NTSC), one seemed to be in excellent condition. I wish I could get another copy. The game freezes on me sometime during the credits after beating [spoiler=the bad guy]the Dark Oracle[/spoiler]. It starts to freeze when it shows the Oxion (futuristic train) starting to fly off the track. The rest of the game is fine before that, it just messes up at that part of the credits and I really want to do the actual last chapter.
Exactly what happened to mine, although after getting a new one it worked fine... [spoiler=major end spoiler]I'm past that now into the zelmite mines, and it goes fine.[/spoiler] Sometimes it freezes up halfway through the animation of leaving the menu.

Anyone see the YouTube comments? Holy crap I rofl'd. Some people are so ignorant.
I just took a look, lol. Some people are idiots.
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 04:09:27 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
That console is just !@#$% up in so many ways.  Mine would refuse to play DVDs (games, movies, you name it.) yet CDs worked fine (i was able to play music, ps1 games and ps2 games that were on a CD, not a DVD).  BUT if i turned the console upside down...it would play DVDs just fine O_o

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 05:28:39 pm »
That console is just !@#$% up in so many ways.  Mine would refuse to play DVDs (games, movies, you name it.) yet CDs worked fine (i was able to play music, ps1 games and ps2 games that were on a CD, not a DVD).  BUT if i turned the console upside down...it would play DVDs just fine O_o

Upside down? Nice. The pre-slim line PS2 optical drives always seemed to be the first thing to go on these. Mine was starting to show intermittent read-errors, but now we have a PS3, so I'm free to finally heck into the PS2... get a mod chip and see what I can do.
Intel P4 3.2 GHZ
2.5GB SDRAM DDR400
350GB SATA
ATI RADEON HD 2600PRO 512MB
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 Z
Windows XP SP2

Current Projects: None.
- Trask

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2008, 05:38:43 pm »
  • b e p i s
I wrote a guide on how to fix PS2 DREs...if anyone is interested I can email it to you :P
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2008, 12:33:51 am »
Never had any trouble with my ps2.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2008, 01:35:23 am »
  • Silly cat!
Whoa. How very rude.

Hoffy.
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2008, 03:56:48 am »
It's probably an easy cause: your PS2 bumped the !@#$% out of itself in your brother's car. I'd pry it open and take a look, maybe a simple solder can fix it? Maybe soon, it won't even work when you tilt it. Trust me, I've had electronics like that.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2008, 03:59:40 am »
  • Silly cat!
It's probably an easy cause: your PS2 bumped the !@#$% out of itself in your brother's car. I'd pry it open and take a look, maybe a simple solder can fix it? Maybe soon, it won't even work when you tilt it. Trust me, I've had electronics like that.
I wouldn't know what to do if I did open it up. It could possibly be the power chord as well.

And honestly, I'm kind of hoping it breaks so I can buy my own where my brother can't touch it >.>

Hoffy.
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2008, 04:35:12 am »
I wouldn't know what to do if I did open it up. It could possibly be the power chord as well.

And honestly, I'm kind of hoping it breaks so I can buy my own where my brother can't touch it >.>
Why wait until it breaks? Just go out and get one.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2008, 04:40:32 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

Or you could do what I did when my PS1 died (well, my brother killed my PS1 when he modded it XD I wanted him to mod it... but I forgot he doesnt know what the hell he's doing); I sold all of the accessories back to walmart (year old battery pack and screen), sold the broken console to someone who wanted it for parts, and bought a PS2... just do the same, but buy a PS3 :P
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2008, 04:50:35 am »
  • Hookshot to the Future!
i had similar experience with my 360 if i moved it at all it go 3 red rings lol
Check my ZRPG development blog at rev2k9blog.spaces.live.com
  • My Blog
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2008, 05:03:39 am »
i had similar experience with my 360 if i moved it at all it go 3 red rings lol
I swear 4 out of 5 360's get the rings at some time or another. 4 of my friends have, and have had to send away (all at about the same time too) and one hasn't.
power chord
Lol, it's not a guitar is it?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.503 seconds with 78 queries.

anything