Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Captain Rainbow....for the Wii.  (Read 1817 times)

Captain Rainbow....for the Wii.
« on: July 09, 2008, 12:34:35 pm »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
This is a weird game. lol Birdo's in it.

http://www.wipido.com/video/1722

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
Re: Captain Rainbow....for the Wii.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 12:44:03 pm »
Looks like Nintendo is appealing to their hardcore fan market.
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 12:45:36 pm »
That's the best thing I've seen ever.

How can anyone have a problem with this?

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 4468-1342-3783
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 12:47:42 pm »
  • I need something new to put here...
I can almost speak Japanese thanks to that video...

I'm guessing most of it was commentary saying "Seriously, what the !@#$%, there's a pink thing with a snout which isn't a pig on the screen and now we're on a !@#$% beach, now there's a homo on a doorway making rainbows and homo !@#$% spring up, what the !@#$%?"

Seriously, why not make a new star fox, the wii zapper would be perfect with that, or a Wii kirby, or something in the nintendo series with the wii, not this !@#$%!
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 12:48:52 pm »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
I'll definetly be getting this.
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 12:49:29 pm »
  • *whistle*
Looks like Giftpia made more insane and fun.

If they localise this, yes, I will be getting it.
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 12:52:25 pm »
Ooh, inb4 Hyrule_Boy and his duty as a Nintendo fan boy to make passionate love to this.

I think captain rainbow would like that... he seems homosexual enough.
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 03:12:56 pm »
To me it seems like this is one of those games that stays in Japan. Unfortunately.
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 03:20:55 pm »
To me it seems like this is one of those games that stays in Japan. Unfortunately.

I sure as hell hope not.

I'll be incredibly sad.

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 4468-1342-3783
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 03:23:24 pm »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
I'll definetly be getting this.

This game actually looks like it might turn out great.
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 04:57:17 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Seriously, why not make a new star fox, the wii zapper would be perfect with that, or a Wii kirby, or something in the nintendo series with the wii, not this !@#$%!

You are kidding, right?  Do you not realize that Nintendo has not made an original game in 7 YEARS?!! Seriously, the last original game was Pikmin.  They REALLY need this, and it looks great XD  And you know that pink thing was Birdo, right?

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2008, 12:44:42 am »
  • Silly cat!

You are kidding, right?  Do you not realize that Nintendo has not made an original game in 7 YEARS?!! Seriously, the last original game was Pikmin.  They REALLY need this, and it looks great XD  And you know that pink thing was Birdo, right?
Miyamoto said the Miis were their latest original IP. Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Fit. All that stuff.

And yeah, this does seem like one of those Japan-only games, I think Nintendo know where this game needs to stay. Even if it did release elsewhere, I doubt I'd actually buy it, and I doubt I'd be able to find a copy.

Hoffy.
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2008, 12:57:05 am »

Yes, I do know it's birdo, but what about the public who know !@#$% all?

The presentation made it look like earely gamecube graphics at best, seriously, does not look good.
Re: Captain Rainbow....for the Wii. (New Info in...
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2008, 01:02:13 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
[link]

Would you like to know all about Captain Rainbow, the latest Wii game announced by Nintendo in Japan this week? Well, tough. Nintendo themselves aren't revealing too much about what sort of game this thing could be -- it seems to share a bit in common with the free-ranging adventure games in their past (Animal Crossing and the Japan-only GameCube release GiFTPiA), but it also seems to be doing a lot that the occasionally stodgy-sounding company hasn't tried before.

The Captain Rainbow of the title is the alter ego of Nick, a typical geeky guy with a penchant for loud, flower-themed clothing. As the eponymous captain, he's a super-studly hero with a bunch of crazy fighting moves and a magic yo-yo to finish the bad guys off with, but his popularity with the kids just isn't there -- in fact, the ratings for his TV show are just about in the dumps. So Nick takes a trip to Mimin Island, a fabled land where it's said your wishes can come true -- but thanks to an unexpected turn of events, it's actually Captain Rainbow who has to help out all the island's inhabitants with their own wishes.

Exactly how Captain Rainbow's story proceeds has not been revealed, but already it's looking like a pretty trippy ride. In addition to 2.5d fighting segments that are more than a bit reminiscent of Viewtiful Joe, you'll have to run around the island in search of people to help out. Thing is, Mimin's population seems entirely composed of obscure characters from past Nintendo games -- Birdo's been thrown into the police station's jail cell, the frumpy old guy that you controlled in the original NES Golf lives in a dumpy house and struggles with a serious slump in his game, and so forth. Nick will also be aided by Hikari, a prim and proper Japanese girl and one of the heroes from Japan-only adventure game Shin Onigashima. What does she need help from Nick for, though?

No release date has been announced for this Wii-only game yet, but new information is being posted on the Wii's Nintendo Channel on a weekly basis in Japan, so we likely won't be in the dark for much longer. Could a North American reveal at next week's Nintendo E3 press conference be in the works? We wouldn't be shocked.

Captain Rainbow, saving the world one wash-up Nintendo star at a time.  XD
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2008, 01:12:09 am »
  • I put this here for the sake of that one thread
Looks like Giftpia made more insane and fun.

If they localise this, yes, I will be getting it.
Giftpia looked awesome :(.

I doubt this will be released outside of japan.

I </3 Sol
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2008, 02:13:55 am »
looks kinda like the tingle rpg
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2008, 04:19:13 am »

There's a Wii Kirby in the making. It makes me cry, it's Super Star-esque, and it's amazing:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILXkySK95po" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILXkySK95po</a>

Notice that Kirby can make MULTIPLE allies? Upto 4 players now!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 04:21:08 am by Faldomar »
  • RPG Empire

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2008, 04:29:16 am »
  • Silly cat!

There's a Wii Kirby in the making. It makes me cry, it's Super Star-esque, and it's amazing:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILXkySK95po" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILXkySK95po</a>

Oh sweet, I thought this was canceled. I hope it's good.

Hoffy.

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2008, 12:56:31 pm »
  • :3

Oh sweet, I thought this was canceled. I hope it's good.
It should have been in the same style as Wario Land.
Gannon-banned brother.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.577 seconds with 75 queries.

anything