Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Metal Gear Solid.  (Read 1583 times)

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
Metal Gear Solid.
« on: July 21, 2008, 08:25:38 am »
  • Silly cat!
I don't know if we have a Metal Gear topic... we probably do, but I'm making this one now for my own purposes :P. Basically, I've been playing through MGS3 recently due to the lack of MGS4 on my 360, and I just have some questions regarding Metal Gear Solid. Here we are.

1. I own Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, but I wish I got Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence instead, due to the extra features and all that. My question is, what am I missing out on? I'm aware I'm missing out on the old Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 games, but what about deleted cutscenes or other stuff that should have been in the main game? Am I missing out on anything like that?

2. What's MGS4 like?

3. Is it worth hunting down a copy of Metal Gear Solid on PS1 or Twin Snakes on GameCube?

Thanks.

Hoffy.
Re: Metal Gear Solid.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 10:51:35 am »
I just got the Essential collection because I haven't played any of them until just recently, I'm working on the first one. Amazing game btw. I have yet to play two and three, so I better get out of this topic now.

Interesting thing: the collection included the original playstation version of MGS.

Manly men don't sass. Manly men get in FIGHTS! Fist fights using manly fists!
  • JetDesigns
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 04:47:15 pm »
  • :D
I don't know if we have a Metal Gear topic... we probably do, but I'm making this one now for my own purposes :P. Basically, I've been playing through MGS3 recently due to the lack of MGS4 on my 360, and I just have some questions regarding Metal Gear Solid. Here we are.

1. I own Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, but I wish I got Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence instead, due to the extra features and all that. My question is, what am I missing out on? I'm aware I'm missing out on the old Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 games, but what about deleted cutscenes or other stuff that should have been in the main game? Am I missing out on anything like that?

2. What's MGS4 like?

3. Is it worth hunting down a copy of Metal Gear Solid on PS1 or Twin Snakes on GameCube?

Thanks.

1. You are missing out on the fully movable 3rd person camera, which makes the game infinitely better.

2. Fuckin' awesome.

3. YES.  Get MGS not MGS:TS.  !@#$% amazing game, and so necessary for the MGS timeline.
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 05:25:01 pm »
  • your mum said hullo
Ive played both, and in my opinion, MGSTTS is the better game overall and is even considered the canon one in the series by MGS4, MGS has bad graphics and the voice acting is so bad its laughable -> http://youtube.com/watch?v=vHsc_rXIx-k 

Just take the nostalgia goggles off and buy the remake.

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 12:10:10 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
I bought the essential collection and beat all the games in it. Great damn franchise. Also, Portable Ops is really good.

And Desgardes, hush your mouth. MGS1 had great voice acting. For everyone. I hate how TTS and MGS4 took out Mei Ling and Naomi's accents. I mean, seriously, what kind of world is it where people don't have accents reflecting their countries of origin?
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 12:16:15 am »
  • *whistle*
And Desgardes, hush your mouth. MGS1 had great voice acting. For everyone. I hate how TTS and MGS4 took out Mei Ling and Naomi's accents. I mean, seriously, what kind of world is it where people don't have accents reflecting their countries of origin?

The real world. Most foreigners learn English in an American accent, to such an extent that, the only Russian person I know, who has never been to the US, has a thicker American accent than anyone else I've ever met.

Also, listening to the bit Desgardes linked to, Mei Ling comes across as a racist charicature, rather than a fleshed-out character. I prefer what I've heard of her in tTS.
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 12:23:22 am »
TTS sucked in one aspect:

The music!

The removed all the original music from MGS and replaced them with some shitty remixes of MGS2...

Lame.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 06:25:16 am »

The real world. Most foreigners learn English in an American accent, to such an extent that, the only Russian person I know, who has never been to the US, has a thicker American accent than anyone else I've ever met.

Also, listening to the bit Desgardes linked to, Mei Ling comes across as a racist charicature, rather than a fleshed-out character. I prefer what I've heard of her in tTS.
Mei Ling was !@#$% BORN IN AMERICA. SHE IS AMERICAN, her having an accent makes NO SENSE.

TTS does have better voice acting overall. there might be a few times where the original has better stuff, but goddamn Liquid especially in TTS is !@#$% awesome.
  • Google Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 11:58:45 am »
  • *whistle*
Mei Ling was !@#$% BORN IN AMERICA. SHE IS AMERICAN, her having an accent makes NO SENSE.

Everyone has an accent. in tTS, she has an American accent. :P

Also, quick point about Naomi's "British" accent: no Brit sounds like that. Seriously, it's like, the worst stereotype ever; unless she attended the snootiest schools ever, there's no way she'd talk like that.
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 03:25:26 pm »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.
Y'know... I have the "Essential Collection" but my MGS3 only says... MGS3. Is it Subsistence or is it Snake Eater?

Maybe I'll hunt down MGStTS and see what's so good/bad about it since I actually enjoyed MGS (on easy since I'm a terrible Snake).

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 04:41:40 pm »
Twin Snakes was good, but the controls were very frustrating. It may be because I played the original on the PS first, but own both and I still go back to that one more often than twin snakes.
Intel P4 3.2 GHZ
2.5GB SDRAM DDR400
350GB SATA
ATI RADEON HD 2600PRO 512MB
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 Z
Windows XP SP2

Current Projects: None.
- Trask
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 04:56:25 pm »
Y'know... I have the "Essential Collection" but my MGS3 only says... MGS3. Is it Subsistence or is it Snake Eater?

Maybe I'll hunt down MGStTS and see what's so good/bad about it since I actually enjoyed MGS (on easy since I'm a terrible Snake).
its the first disc of Subsistence, meaning you don't get the original Metal Gear games and whatever else was on that bonus disc.
  • Google Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2008, 06:59:54 pm »
The 2nd disc had some funny clips, including Raiden acting like the Terminator but getting his ass whooped time and time again.
Intel P4 3.2 GHZ
2.5GB SDRAM DDR400
350GB SATA
ATI RADEON HD 2600PRO 512MB
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 Z
Windows XP SP2

Current Projects: None.
- Trask
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.511 seconds with 63 queries.

anything