Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Animal Crossing: The Movie  (Read 1742 times)

Animal Crossing: The Movie
« on: July 26, 2008, 09:34:01 am »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
I've just been watching the movie of Animal Crossing and its awesome. Im a huge fan of the games and loads of elements from the games are in there, the museum, fishing, bug catching, etc.
They've said its not leaving japan which kinda sucks, but its still an awesome film.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: Animal Crossing: The Movie
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 09:36:47 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
lol I don't like AC very much, but the anime looks neat XD

Here's the trailer for those wondering-

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OilVxAdN7sk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OilVxAdN7sk</a>

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 10:24:29 am »
  • Silly cat!
I would so watch that. Cute, and awesome.

But... how would they implement Resetti into that movie? His purpose would be... confusing.

Hoffy.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 10:26:30 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

But... how would they implement Resetti into that movie? His purpose would be... confusing.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA You turned off your dvd player. Time for a 20 minute speech on why that's bad and you should go cut yourself" lol I can just see it now
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 10:58:30 am »

"HAHAHAHAHAHA You turned off your dvd player. Time for a 20 minute speech on why that's bad and you should go cut yourself" lol I can just see it now

now THAT would make for a good film.

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 11:06:42 am »
  • *whistle*

... he could be an assist trophy?
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 11:36:53 am »

... he could be an assist trophy?

They made him a general officer of Animal Village, ie. telling people of for digging too many holes.
I think the turning-off-the-dvd idea is better. It'd mean people watched the whole film.

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2008, 01:24:43 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Looks cute as hell, but...I have to wonder what else it has going for it? I mean, Animal Crossing isn't the most exciting of games ever...
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2008, 03:47:01 pm »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
How in God's name are you going to make a movie out of Animal Crossing? Movies need plots, and plots need conflicts, and the concept of Animal Crossing is "just have fun getting cool stuff in this town". Seriously, is the climax of the film when she buys the last expansion for her house or something?
OMG, WE HAVE FOUND FOREIGN FRUIT, BUT RAIDING MARAUDERS FROM NEIGHBORING TOWNS MIGHT TRY AND STEAL IT!!!!!1
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2008, 03:47:56 pm »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
I'd love to see it... I wonder if it is subbed on youtube.

Akamizu

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2008, 11:36:24 am »
lol. I can't believe i actually found this movie about a year ago, but then I forgot to keep watching it. :'(
gonna watch soon then, i guess. Thanks for reminding me of it ^^
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2008, 11:50:26 am »
  • *whistle*
How in God's name are you going to make a movie out of Animal Crossing? Movies need plots, and plots need conflicts, and the concept of Animal Crossing is "just have fun getting cool stuff in this town". Seriously, is the climax of the film when she buys the last expansion for her house or something?
OMG, WE HAVE FOUND FOREIGN FRUIT, BUT RAIDING MARAUDERS FROM NEIGHBORING TOWNS MIGHT TRY AND STEAL IT!!!!!1

The conflict is about how Tom Nook is a greedy capitalist !@#$% in a communist world where your neighbours expect you to do everything towards the upkeep of the town, with no reward. The protagonist convinces the townfolk of the evil of Tom Nook's ways, and they march together against the source of their misery.

... honestly, I haven't the foggiest. However, Wikipedia says:

"One day, a young girl called Ai moves into the Animal Village. While working at Tom Nook's shop "Nook's Cranny" she begins living her life away from her family. To begin with, she doesn't know left from right, but under the guidance of Mayor Tortimer, the angry (but correct) Mr. Resetti, and the wandering musician K.K. Slider among others, she is eventually accepted as a member of the village. Along the way she meets Sally, who dreams of being a designer, the straight-talking Bouquet, and Bianca the Wolf, who is in love with Apollo. Soon the four of them become good friends.

One spring evening Ai finds a bottle on the beach. She picks it up, opens it and finds a mysterious message written inside. “Plant a Conifer, and on the night of the Snow Festival something miraculous will happen.”

Time passes, and soon it's time for the Snow Festival. This year it will be one very special day, and send an uproar throughout the village. Ai, following the instructions in that mysterious message, has planted a Conifer. What kind of miracle will happen on the night of the Snow Festival...? What happens is that a mysterious UFO crashes near the festival. It appears to be some sort of bird creature. The bird lost 5 parts of its UFO and needs help finding them..."

Sounds kinda.... inane.
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2008, 05:13:34 pm »
Lmao, Gulliver crashes his UFO. XD I got a Metroid from collecting all the UFO parts in the game, but it was technically my fault for shooting him down. Also, most of the animals are in my brothers AC:WW town, like Margie, Apollo, and Bianca.
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2008, 06:10:08 pm »
I'd love to see it... I wonder if it is subbed on youtube.

I first saw it on megavideo.

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2008, 09:45:16 pm »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.
I saw it. I've seen it a couple of times. It's a pretty good movie actually, surprising for its source material.

It follows a girl named Ai who moves in to Animal Village. Tortimer wants to get re-elected mayor, Yu is the neighboring human who plays with Halberd the Alligator, this penguin is always fishing, and this monkey's always exercising. Ai befriends Bouquet the cat and Sally the Elephant. There's a love story between this wolf there (I think her American name is Freya) and Apollo the eagle.

The movie is split into four parts, one for each season. It starts off with Ai working for Tom Nook and it ends with a Christmas miracle (and the last addition to Blather's dinosaur museum).

There's plenty of action in there which makes you wish the games were more like the movie.

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2008, 09:47:10 pm »
I saw it. I've seen it a couple of times. It's a pretty good movie actually, surprising for its source material.

It follows a girl named Ai who moves in to Animal Village. Tortimer wants to get re-elected mayor, Yu is the neighboring human who plays with Halberd the Alligator, this penguin is always fishing, and this monkey's always exercising. Ai befriends Bouquet the cat and Sally the Elephant. There's a love story between this wolf there (I think her American name is Freya) and Apollo the eagle.

The movie is split into four parts, one for each season. It starts off with Ai working for Tom Nook and it ends with a Christmas miracle (and the last addition to Blather's dinosaur museum).

There's plenty of action in there which makes you wish the games were more like the movie.

Well summed up. I showed my mum it (she may be 40, but she loved her some Animal Crossing) and she loved it. Ive seen it twice now, its just a really nice film/

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2008, 10:03:06 pm »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.
I showed it to my mom. She said she liked it before she fell asleep (we watched it at like 10 pm...)

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 68 queries.