Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do American News Reporters every demand the question to be answered?  (Read 1217 times)

Do American News Reporters every demand the ques...
« on: August 14, 2008, 06:17:27 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
When being interviewed, politicians often dance around the question without answering it. Now, whenever I see this happen two things can happen:
The reporter either accepts the run-around and moves on
Or they repeat the question until they get a damned answer.

We British usually LOVE to do the latter, it's good fun to watch, and I believe one of our news reporters in particular is famous for this, but the few times I've seen American news (*cough*CNN*cough*) they seem to accept the run-around with a smile, as if they actually knew any more than before.

So, do Americans ever pursue the answer?

Mirby

Drifter
Re: Do American News Reporters every demand the ...
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 06:28:25 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
There's this reporter in the Bay Area that does that. She's pissed a lot of people of because of it.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 06:46:21 pm »
  • (b'-')b Jesus Guitar d('-'d)
I've seen a few reporters that do that. About one from each network. Oddly enough, they're the ones that you don't hear much about or hear from that often. I guess it's not popular around here.

I do think they need to do it more often, though. It'd get more than just "what the public wants to hear" from people.
T H I R T Y - T H R E E   T H R E E

Blog | Myspace | Facebook | Clan LmS

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 07:07:05 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
I don't see the network reporters do that much (well Chris Hansen could count I suppose), but some of the local reporters do. Heck, the slogan for one of my local stations is Asking Questions. Getting Answers.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 07:17:38 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
I was watching footage where they were talking about the Olympics, and if they were embarrased about something. It went something like this:

News reporter: Are you embarrassed about ___?
Woman: All the athletes I have asked have not complained to me about anything, and seem generally pleased here.
NR: Yes, but I asked if you were embarrassed about ___.
Woman: As I explained, none of the athletes have complained and are happy here.
NR: But you aren't answering the question. Are you embarrassed about___?
Woman: I have already answered that question by explaining that the athletes, as I'm sure you understand.
NR: But that isn't answering the question. I don't think anybody here understands, or thinks you have answered the question. So please, answer the question. Are you embarrassed about ___?
Woman: I think the other reporters would like to ask questions now, so please sit down.
Other reporters start shouting "Answer the question".
some Chinese guy goes on a big rant about people nit-picking about the Olympics.
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2008, 01:15:33 am »
  • (b'-')b Jesus Guitar d('-'d)
I was watching footage where they were talking about the Olympics, and if they were embarrased about something. It went something like this:

News reporter: Are you embarrassed about ___?
Woman: All the athletes I have asked have not complained to me about anything, and seem generally pleased here.
NR: Yes, but I asked if you were embarrassed about ___.
Woman: As I explained, none of the athletes have complained and are happy here.
NR: But you aren't answering the question. Are you embarrassed about___?
Woman: I have already answered that question by explaining that the athletes, as I'm sure you understand.
NR: But that isn't answering the question. I don't think anybody here understands, or thinks you have answered the question. So please, answer the question. Are you embarrassed about ___?
Woman: I think the other reporters would like to ask questions now, so please sit down.
Other reporters start shouting "Answer the question".
some Chinese guy goes on a big rant about people nit-picking about the Olympics.
Awesome. A chant and a chinese guy rant... all in one! (Unintentional rhyme, too.)
T H I R T Y - T H R E E   T H R E E

Blog | Myspace | Facebook | Clan LmS
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 07:09:26 am »
  • Taste the soup of my brain!
Awesome. A chant and a chinese guy rant... all in one! (Unintentional rhyme, too.)
...That deserves to be made into a song.

>_>  The US of A doesn't have a lot of those types of reporters.  Our government system is pretty corrupt, as well.
She'll pull out your feathers for her brand new hat and when she's done that she'll feed you to her cat.
People you love will turn their backs on you.  You'll lose your hair, your teeth. Your knife will fall of its sheath, but you still don't like to leave until the end of the movie.
If I threw my guitar out the window, so far down, would I start to regret it?  Or would I smile and watch it slowly fall?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 47 queries.