Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2  (Read 6480 times)

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2009, 02:00:56 pm »
  • The Mike
I think the game is pretty fun but I've barely played that much of it. My brother however whores it whenever he's home.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2009, 01:48:19 am »
I've found riot shields to be most fun in one on one matches with your friends. I know whenever I play CoD with my friends we never just play normal. We'll have knife fights, throwing knife fights, riot shield fights, pistol wars, etc. :P
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2009, 03:35:55 pm »
  • Minalien
One of the three games (the other two being Batman: Arkham's Asylum and Dragon Age: Origins) I'm planning on getting when I return to the states this week (along with a new laptop).

If anybody's interested in playing, I've got a spare computer that I could use to set up a dedicated server on. It'll have to wait until I get back from Leave in January, though, because I'm not going to waste my money on setting up cable internet only to be gone for a month. Could host some tournaments with it, too.

As far as the game itself goes, I got the chance to play an XBOX 360 copy they have installed in the Morale center over here. I think it's pretty entertaining, though I suck at the game without my precious Mouse & Keyboard controls. The Modern Warfare games aren't really about the single-player campaigns - due to the success of MW in multi-player environments, that was their primary focus with MW2.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2009, 02:14:06 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
But MiN, Modern Warfare 2 doesn't support dedicated servers on PC. Matchmaking for everyone!

>.<
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 02:36:50 am by Moldorma »
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2009, 02:23:17 am »
Matchmaking is usually preferred on a console, but for PC gaming it really should be dedicated servers. I'm guessing they did this so that there would be little differences between the different versions of the game. ::)
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2009, 09:03:37 am »
  • Minalien
Then I'll wait for a patch before buying it. They'll *have* to implement dedicated servers if they want any sort of support from the PC gaming community.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2009, 09:19:35 am »
Then I'll wait for a patch before buying it. They'll *have* to implement dedicated servers if they want any sort of support from the PC gaming community.
This is what I'm doing.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2009, 03:39:08 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
And yet, the PC version has already sold more copies than the PC version of Modern Warfare 1. Have fun waiting for your patch. :\
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2009, 01:46:48 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
They aren't going to release a "patch" adding dedicated servers.

The game's already been hacked and there's been code found in the game for dedicated servers, and they've been enabled for pirated versions and it works fine.

Activision's plan is to release Priced DLC, such as maps and new gamesmodes (some of which have been found by hackers), and probably as well as dedicated server support somewhere down the line.

I still find it hard to believe people support Activision.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2009, 02:02:00 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I honestly don't know why people support Call of Duty... There are plenty of underrated, and very excellent shooters that top Call of Duty 10 fold. Borderlands for one. Call of Duty is the Madden of shooters :x
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2009, 02:10:13 am »
I honestly don't know why people support Call of Duty... There are plenty of underrated, and very excellent shooters that top Call of Duty 10 fold. Borderlands for one. Call of Duty is the Madden of shooters :x
This. I've never seen the huge appeal of COD... but I guess if you play shooting games on consoles and want to play online, you haven't got much choice but to be a sheep and go along with the masses. And get horrible pings due to lack of dedicated servers too.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2009, 05:42:03 am »

There may be a lot of shooters that are better than the CoD games, but if you've played Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2's campaigns thoroughly and paid attention, you'd probably take back the part about Madden. There is no Madden of shooters, because shooters can't be as repetitive year in and year out as a sport that changes only by the roster.
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2009, 07:47:56 am »
  • Minalien
Only in the sense that every rabid ten-year-old drools over the game and adds to the incredible amount of hype added to it. Call of Duty is actually a pretty entertaining game to sit around and kill your friends on. The single-player campaign of the first Modern Warfare kinda pissed me off - its ending is as dismal as Fallout 3's (
Show content
I mean seriously, I wanted to complete the rest of that !@#$% mission! Getting nearly blown up, and having Capt. Price toss me the damn pistol to shoot this !@#$% we've been hunting for the entire game - what the crap? :|
), but the multiplayer is pretty fun when you've got a good group of friends to play against.

There may be a lot of shooters that are better than the CoD games, but if you've played Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2's campaigns thoroughly and paid attention, you'd probably take back the part about Madden. There is no Madden of shooters, because shooters can't be as repetitive year in and year out as a sport that changes only by the roster.
Actually, shooters can easily be as repetitive year-in, year-out as football games. You see, it's technically just the same game, with a stronger engine and newer polish and some extra features. The better comparison would have been to Dynasty Warriors - each of their stories are slightly different, but everything's got the same general focus. If Madden had some sort of storyline (and good GOD would it be a horrible one, if it did. How the hell could you possibly give an NFL season a storyline beyond "HEY LET'S WIN TEAM! GO GO GADGET NINJAMOCOPTERITRON"), it would have a base to be compared to.

• Development Blog
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2009, 08:54:14 pm »
I see where your coming from, and I do realize that as a valid complaint against the Call of Duty series. But as far as the campaigns go, they are really quite interesting and very well-written. (Referring strictly to the modern warfare series). So yes they do need some serious innovation, though even MW2 added many things to the engine MW1 created, and WaW also used (But Treyarch didn't change much of anything).
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2009, 11:06:23 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
http://kotaku.com/5417221/new-medal-of-honor-revealed-as-the-most-authentic-modern-war-experience

A new challenger appears?

I'm quite interested to see what this will prompt Infinity Ward to do. Hopefully lots of new thinking.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2009, 05:22:46 am »
  • Minalien
Hopefully they take their thumbs out of their ass and don't try to charge for DLC to unlock what has already been unlocked and torrented :/

Never really cared for the Metal of Honor series, compared to Call of Duty. I'll have to look into that article (once this !@#$% finally loads)

• Development Blog

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2009, 03:36:03 am »
  • The Mike
I never cared much for Activision at all but I find some aspects of CoD4, WaW, and MW2 to be fun.

So yes they do need some serious innovation, though even MW2 added many things to the engine MW1 created, and WaW also used (But Treyarch didn't change much of anything).
Nazi Zombies is fun. :)

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2009, 08:24:00 pm »
I never cared much for Activision at all but I find some aspects of CoD4, WaW, and MW2 to be fun.

So yes they do need some serious innovation, though even MW2 added many things to the engine MW1 created, and WaW also used (But Treyarch didn't change much of anything).

Agreed, Nazi Zombies is actually the best part of WaW. I'd pay $60 for an entire full-game sized Nazi Zombie game.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2009, 04:11:24 am »
  • The Mike

Agreed, Nazi Zombies is actually the best part of WaW. I'd pay $60 for an entire full-game sized Nazi Zombie game.
If Treyarch made a similar mode in the next CoD, I'd probably get it for that reason.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2009, 05:47:48 am »

If Treyarch made a similar mode in the next CoD, I'd probably get it for that reason.

Same here
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 73 queries.