Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: [Completed] Megaman in Megacity  (Read 8211 times)

[Completed] Megaman in Megacity
« on: November 25, 2009, 01:15:35 am »
Not Zelda, I know, but if you're a fan at all of old NES games, you might like.

I've just completed a Megaman game -- a full game with dozens of bosses and a huge world.

The story is that a virus has invaded the automated metropolis of Megacity, and its robot populace goes berzerk. The citizens are evacuated and Megaman is sent in to combat the homicidal robots and remove the virus. The city is a Metroid-style interconnected world with multiple routes and paths, a teleport system to get around quickly, and tons of secrets and side areas. You can also talk by radio with Dr. Light, Roll and Dr. Wily (from prison) for help on where to go. It takes about 4 hours to finish.

Please play. Please review and give feedback -- glitches, suggestions.

Thanks.

Screenshots:

Here's the link (I didn't put this up the first time, i.e., I'm a moron)

http://www.yoyogames.com/games/show/104424
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 02:48:27 am by 4Sword »
"I would do anything at all to gain back my youth, except get up early, take exercise, or be respectable" -- Lord Henry, The Picture of Dorian Grey.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: New game: Megaman in Megacity
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 01:20:06 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

I've just completed a Megaman game -- a full game with dozens of bosses and a huge world.

The story is that a virus has invaded the automated metropolis of Megacity, and its robot populace goes berzerk. The citizens are evacuated and Megaman is sent in to combat the homicidal robots and remove the virus. The city is a Metroid-style interconnected world with multiple routes and paths, a teleport system to get around quickly, and tons of secrets and side areas. You can also talk by radio with Dr. Light, Roll and Dr. Wily (from prison) for help on where to go. It takes about 4 hours to finish.

Thanks.

Screenshots:

looks cool, but where's the link? :p
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 01:20:57 am »

Thanks.

Screenshots:

looks cool, but where's the link? :p

this lol

was wondering why i couldn't find it

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 01:23:00 am »
Added link above. (How'd I forget that?)
"I would do anything at all to gain back my youth, except get up early, take exercise, or be respectable" -- Lord Henry, The Picture of Dorian Grey.
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 01:28:38 am »
Unexpected error occurred when running the game

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 01:36:17 am »
Not sure what error that was. I downloaded it from yoyo to test it and it worked fine. Try downloading again and let me know what error you get.

Thanks.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 01:41:42 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I actually got the same error from their YoYo Games Player plugin :s
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 02:17:38 am »
Tried downloading it, and playing it off the site.

It says "Unexpected Error occurred when running the game"

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 08:09:51 am »
Looks cool though (and hard).
I was throwing around a Metroid-style Megaman idea a while back, but in the end nothing came of it. Here's hoping this can get working, I'd love to play it.
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 08:34:52 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
Tried downloading it, and playing it off the site.

It says "Unexpected Error occurred when running the game"

Same here, just as the game is trying to start loading. D:
  • My Music
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2009, 12:06:46 am »
I got that same error on an RPG I was doing a few years ago. It would work on some machines but never on mine. I always figured it was because the thing was just too big (I had a really inefficient system for tracking battles and treasures). Megaman works on both of my machines, but I'll check some GM forums to see if there's any way to fix the problem.
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2009, 12:15:01 am »
Found this in GM tutorial documentation: "Rarely you will see a popup with the text "Unexpected error occurred during the game" This error message indicate that some problem occurred in windows or in the hardware. Often the reason for this is infinite recursion, lack of memory or insufficient hardware, drivers or firmware. Generally speaking, these errors have to do with problems outside the gm-environment." I've had infinite recursion before and my computer locks up too, so I'm not sure how to help. Sorry.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2009, 12:18:23 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Are you sure there's no additional external files you're using with the game? YoYo only allows you to upload your exe :(

Antidote

>.>
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2009, 12:36:42 am »
  • In all seriousness who's serious?
Actually that is Mark passing the buck, most of the time it's been traced to his poorly written runner. Truthfully GM was a crap program that needed the complete rewrite it just received. hopefully GM8 won't have this issue.
  • Axiomatic Data Laboratories
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2009, 02:01:13 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
Found this in GM tutorial documentation: "Rarely you will see a popup with the text "Unexpected error occurred during the game" This error message indicate that some problem occurred in windows or in the hardware. Often the reason for this is infinite recursion, lack of memory or insufficient hardware, drivers or firmware. Generally speaking, these errors have to do with problems outside the gm-environment." I've had infinite recursion before and my computer locks up too, so I'm not sure how to help. Sorry.

I run lots of GM exes (both GM6 and 7) on my PC and none have given me this... and my PC never locked up, the game just crapped out before it even loaded (as it was loading I guess).
That's very strange. But I know that GM executables run just fine on my PC, so there's got to be something you're missing on your end or it could possibly be corrupt somehow?..
I just don't understand how it could be my PC when so many other GM games run fine. Meh.  :(

Now I have to play some other game where I jump around and shoot things... hmm, looks like Cave Story tonight.  XD
  • My Music

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2009, 02:08:00 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I assume it's just a missing external file that the game uses; I get this error any time I try to run a GM exe without having it's additional files where they need to be.
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2009, 02:42:34 am »
I've had experiences with this message. It pertained to surfaces created by a game I was deving. I traced it specifically to the sprite_create_from_surface call. Which could indicate many things, but most likely it has to do with surface support. Perhaps this program created a surface, and it was simply too much for the hardware? This could pertain to surface size restrictions by the hardware. I say this because I can play the game without error. So we can basically rule out missing external files.

Mind you this is just a theory.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 02:44:29 am by Xfixium »
  • Pyxosoft
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2009, 07:19:56 am »
If this helps -- there are no external files for the game and I never used that sprite_create_surface routine. I got the error once on my PC for one game and never for anything else.
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2009, 08:41:08 pm »
Actually, I used that function as an example. I was referring to surfaces in general. If the game uses no surfaces then that would rule that one out.
  • Pyxosoft
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2009, 01:00:52 am »
This looks really good, but I'm getting that error. This has me very interested.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 74 queries.