Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: New ugly Wii RPG  (Read 8067 times)

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: New ugly Wii RPG
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2010, 05:33:58 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Thanks for the clarification there. I'm aroused in a sophisticated sense of understanding!

XD don't mention it

Miragos

ᚺᚨᛚᛁᚨ᛫ᚹᛁᛊᚨᛞᚨᚢ᛫ᛟᚱᛁᚾᛁᛋ᛫ᚷᚨᛊᛏᛋ
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2010, 06:22:46 am »
  • 地獄に儚く惑った
Why is everyone so fascinated with graphics? It's all about the gameplay!

Wrong.

People who say this and believe it are all caught up in the "a tiny penis is still a good penis" mentality.

Sorry, but graphics and gameplay are on the exact same level of "need" in a game. You can have a game that plays absolutely amazing, but the graphics are a photoshopped donkey getting raped by a cartoon character. Nobody would want to play it (except ken <3). On the same effect, you can have a beautiful game and shitty gameplay, and nobody would want to play it. You can't say one supercedes the other, because it's not true. It's all about how you utilize both aspects.

<_< Sorry, it just thuroughly pisses me off when people say graphics don't matter. Visual presentation is 50% of the pie. That's not saying it's all about how many colors you can throw in or how shiney you can make everything; it's about how you present the world you're trying to throw the player into.

So do you mean that the good old Zelda, Mario, Final Fantasy games, etc. are awful games, because of the graphics?
I think that's totally wrong.
If a game has awesome graphics, but has awful gameplay a lot of people will buy it because it looks great. So the people buying it will become disappointed.  
If a game has bad graphics, but awesome gameplay less people will buy it, but there will be a lot of fans.
A successful game needs both good graphics and good gameplay, but it doesn't need good graphics to be a liked and good game.
So the importance of them isn't the same.

Unfortunately there are not enough games having both these days.
Especially the games are too easy.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 06:24:17 am by Miragos »
Current project: Vortex of Height
Spriter of: Oracle of Mystery
               The Mask of Sheikah
  • Miragos Project Site

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2010, 06:34:50 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Um.

I think you greatly misunderstand the term "graphics".

Mario, Final Fantasy, and Zelda are good games because they had good gameplay along with well presented graphics.

Again, I reiterate- it has absolutely nothing to do with how many colors you push out. It's about how you present the graphics you have in a visually pleasing manor.

I don't think I can stress it enough. If you can call yourself a game designer, you have to appreciate all aspects of a game. If you can't sit down and realize that you need every bit of development to be a work of art, then you'll never make it. Ever.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 06:38:16 am by Mamoruanime »

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2010, 07:49:23 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Obviously graphics are important (wouldn't be a VIDEO game without them). I'm just tired of people who are overly fixated on graphics and think that's all that matters. And then wonder why the hyper-realistic game they just bought has no gameplay value whatsoever. Graphics are just one part of the puzzle, not the entire package.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2010, 08:27:02 pm »
  • b e p i s
Look at all that color and the detailed, expansive landscape. !@#$% ugly game. I'm glad I use a PC, consoles are for squares.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2010, 08:39:03 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Obviously graphics are important (wouldn't be a VIDEO game without them). I'm just tired of people who are overly fixated on graphics and think that's all that matters. And then wonder why the hyper-realistic game they just bought has no gameplay value whatsoever. Graphics are just one part of the puzzle, not the entire package.

But again <_<

Graphics != hyper-realistic game.

"Good graphics" doesn't refer to the capacity to render photorealistic images. It's about presentation. That's all. Saying "good graphics is how realistic something looks" is like saying "programming is only about making the player move."

I've stated this a few times already- it's about how you present the visuals you have, not how realistic the visuals are.
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2010, 08:40:12 pm »
Completely agree with Mammy. The game could use the simplest sprites and two colors for everything, but as long as it's visually pleasing it would still have good graphics. >_>

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2010, 08:48:26 pm »
I'm agreeing with you there; what I'm saying is I hate the people who define graphics as HYPER-REALISTIC, not presentation. Look at SMB or the original Zelda. By today's standards and by the standards of the aforementioned people, they're ugly. But I like them; I like the style. It's visually pleasing. (Probably why I'm hecking SMB3 and FF1; easy graphic styles). But it doesn't mean realism.

• Mirby Studios
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2010, 08:54:06 pm »
Mammy, I understand what you said completely. BUT and it is a very big BUT, my gripe is with people who look at one or more pictures and then judge if a game is ugly or beautiful, bad or great. With people that judge like that only pops one thing in my mind: "moron". A picture only shows some models in a scenery and the only thing you can see are colors and how high the poly count is. Pictures are only 2 or 3% of a games graphics part.

What a picture does not show are the animations of the objects, the transition between animations, the physics, the size and detail of a complete scene and the AI reacting on events in the world. These are a lot of the visual aspect of a game, that does not show in a picture.  

There just are people that get multiple orgasms when they look at a screenshot with a character model with a high poly count of a game that could not even be worth to wipe your ass with, and at the same time burn down games that sacrificed poly count in the character models, for better physic, AI, and vastness and detail of open scenes.

And yes the same argumentation also counts for games that use sprites or have a limited color pallet. A picture alone says to little to judge a game on. That is my problem.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2010, 09:06:26 pm »
Quote from: Lost in the Mists of Time
Never judge a book by its cover.

Nor should you judge a game by its screenies (or its cover. MM1 would've sold horribly had everyone done that!)

• Mirby Studios
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2010, 03:24:17 am »
What the !@#$% are we arguing about then, everyone agrees with Mammy :-*
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2010, 03:59:28 am »
XD topic

again, the graphics are fine, i'm sure the game awill be fine

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2010, 05:40:17 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Mammy, I understand what you said completely. BUT and it is a very big BUT, my gripe is with people who look at one or more pictures and then judge if a game is ugly or beautiful, bad or great.

XD I don't really understand how that plays into what I said but yeah I'll agree with you :P

My only negative comments towards this game were just me jokingly feeding the trollbait that this thread is based on. <_< I mean honestly people; someone who only stays in #zfgc, doesn't come to this forum anymore, and who's a big proprietor of the "Wii being on par with other systems" comes in and makes a thread about a Wii RPG looking like !@#$%. Troll troll troll troll troll. It's the exact reason that I feel ZFGC chat in it's current state should be abolished :P It's only used to help feed filth into the boards.

Now, if the OP came in and actually cared about the thread, it'd be another story. But we're talking "*trollbait title*" + *poorly capped picture* - dialog here.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2010, 09:04:22 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2010, 09:12:17 am »
  • Minalien
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2010, 09:17:12 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
That's this topic. and I'm sure it started with Dascu posting the original picture in the "chat", and EZD saying it looked like !@#$%, then them both jerking eachother off about how funny it'd be to post on the forum. He posts it, then people here either took the bait, or tried to troll back by sarcastically posting. It's !@#$% retarded and one of the many good reasons the chat should be emancipated.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2010, 09:18:03 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Mamoruanime has joined #zfgc
<Masturr> ima post on ZFGC now to !@#$% people off
<Bitaar> ahaha I'll get the lube so I can jerk you off afterwards
<Masturr> w00t that's awesome I'll get some lube for you if you reply to my post
<Bitaar> ahaha awesome I want you to jerk me off 2
<Mamoruanime> Gee sure has gotten gay around here D:
Mamoruanime has left #zfgc

^Example of how these plays out :P

To name names:

EZD, Dascu, and Tet do this quite a bit. In fact, any of their posts in the past...... 3 years? Are pretty much in the same category as this thread.

Fissure used to <_< but we love him.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 09:22:46 am by Mamoruanime »
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2010, 09:19:23 am »
  • Minalien
That's this topic. and I'm sure it started with Dascu posting the original picture in the "chat", and EZD saying it looked like !@#$%, then them both jerking eachother off about how funny it'd be to post on the forum. He posts it, then people here either took the bait, or tried to troll back by sarcastically posting. It's !@#$% retarded and one of the many good reasons the chat should be emancipated.
To be fair, they mostly do their circle-jerk game elsewhere now. I haven't even see Dascu say much in #zfgc except to ask Kingknight who he was when he joined.

Mamoruanime has joined #zfgc
<Masturr> ima post on ZFGC now to !@#$% people off
<Bitaar> ahaha I'll get the lube so I can jerk you off afterwards
<Masturr> w00t that's awesome I'll get some lube for you if you reply to my post
<Bitaar> ahaha awesome I want you to jerk me off 2
<Mamoruanime> Gee sure has gotten gay around here D:
Mamoruanime has left #zfgc

^Example of how this plays out :P
DO IT YOU !@#$%. >:O
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2010, 09:45:31 am »
Btw, what's this game called?
  • Phoenix Heart

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2010, 09:48:43 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Xenoblade
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 74 queries.

anything