Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm !@#$% done with Rareware.  (Read 5917 times)

Malon

ZFGC's Pariah.
Re: I'm !@#$% done with Rareware.
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2010, 03:32:08 pm »
  • "Mmmm...CHECK PLEASE!"
What's wrong with the BK games and PD on XBLA? All of those games in general are good.

It's not that. I love those games. It's just that when B-K and B-T were ported over the cutscenes were not synced up to the music like they should have been and there was a jiggie bug with the first game that made it impossible to beat the game without a patch. I don't mind PD by the way.

Miragos

ᚺᚨᛚᛁᚨ᛫ᚹᛁᛊᚨᛞᚨᚢ᛫ᛟᚱᛁᚾᛁᛋ᛫ᚷᚨᛊᛏᛋ
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2010, 10:52:40 pm »
  • 地獄に儚く惑った
I'm really disappointed, too. BK and BT are still on 2nd and 3rd place of my Favorite Games. And I was really waiting for Banjo Threeie. And suddenly Rare was bought by Microsoft. Since that event I really missed the 3D-Jump'n'Runs of Rare. Then there was this awesome first trailer of Banjo Kazooie: N&B. However it was a really disappointing game, because I was waiting for a 3D-Jump'n'Run like the old BK games. Instead it became a vehicle game.
But I was still hoping for the real Banjo Threeie to be made.
And now they make some s***ty Wii Sports clones.  :(

Now I have lost all hope in Rare.  :'(

Current project: Vortex of Height
Spriter of: Oracle of Mystery
               The Mask of Sheikah
  • Miragos Project Site

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2010, 11:48:14 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
You guys bother me sometimes with how narrow minded you are when it comes to games and game companies >_<;;

Just because a company makes a side game doesn't mean they've abandoned their original IPs. A sports game using Microsoft's funding does not = no more good rare games.  

Also BK wasn't "impossible to beat without a patch", it was "impossible to beat the game if you try to do the puzzles too early". You were just fine if you played through the game and then played the puzzles. I had to replay the game because of it, but honestly- I didn't mind.

As for the music out of sync- I never noticed <_<;;
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 12:11:00 am by Mamoruアニメ »
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2010, 04:01:08 am »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
I'm hoping that Rare does with Nuts & Bolts what they did with Grunty's Revenge -- Completely ignore it and make a new game.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2010, 01:47:02 pm »
  • b e p i s
I suppose it's fitting that Rare's move to Microsoft almost coincided with the end of my childhood. :P
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2010, 08:16:45 pm »
  • The Mike
What's wrong with the BK games and PD on XBLA? All of those games in general are good.

It's not that. I love those games. It's just that when B-K and B-T were ported over the cutscenes were not synced up to the music like they should have been and there was a jiggie bug with the first game that made it impossible to beat the game without a patch. I don't mind PD by the way.
It wasn't a jiggy bug, it was a note bug. If you did Bottles' puzzle and Banjo collected a note, it would remove it from the game. I never had this issue and I did the Bottles' puzzles right after I opened the sand castle. Since there is a patch now, it doesn't really matter, especially for people who download the game now since an update in necessary anyway.

The opening cutscene in B-K was fine since the frame-rate for that game was good anyway so there was no issues there. With B-T, it was only the intro when you start a file. The reason it's out of sync is because the of the frame-rate. Now that B-T on XBLA has a good frame-rate, it makes sense it would be out of sync because the music for the intro was made to fit how the game was running on the N64 because of how bad the frame-rate was for the game. Sure it might be bothersome to everyone but it's not that big of a deal. Plus it was confirmed that it wasn't going to be fixed.

As for the music out of sync- I never noticed <_<;;
The only out of sync thing was B-T's intro video when you start a file.

• Zelda Eternity

Malon

ZFGC's Pariah.
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2010, 02:01:52 am »
  • "Mmmm...CHECK PLEASE!"
Just because a company makes a side game doesn't mean they've abandoned their original IPs. A sports game using Microsoft's funding does not = no more good rare games. 

Well there's also Viva Pinata and Kameo. They've been doing this for a while. The new kinect game was just the icing on the poo cake. :(

I suppose it's fitting that Rare's move to Microsoft almost coincided with the end of my childhood. :P

Me too, bro. :P

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2010, 02:11:11 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
... Have you ever played anything Rare's made pre N64? Most of the games are pure !@#$% with the exception of DKC. Kameo was pretty much a prime example of how crappy Rare was back in the day, and Viva Pinata is a childrens game... <_< Don't know what you expect.

Your franchises aren't going to feel like they used to be because frankly- you're older, and they're not on the N64 anymore.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2010, 02:34:30 am »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Solar Jetman and RC Pro-Am are two good examples of pre-N64 Rare...

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios

Malon

ZFGC's Pariah.
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2010, 02:38:04 am »
  • "Mmmm...CHECK PLEASE!"
... Have you ever played anything Rare's made pre N64? Most of the games are pure !@#$% with the exception of DKC. Kameo was pretty much a prime example of how crappy Rare was back in the day, and Viva Pinata is a childrens game... <_< Don't know what you expect.

I think you understood my wrong. I hate those games. Oh and Battletoads was pretty kickass.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2010, 02:46:10 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Battletoads was unbelievably difficult :P It was fun, but not exactly a prime example of how games should be made.

There's one reason and one reason only that Rare games become cult classics... It has to do with when they come out and the innovative, new-for-its-time features they add.

Battletoads- Pushed NES graphics to the max.
Donkey Kong Country- Prerendered graphics.
Banjo Kazooie- ... Honestly this game was just plain ol' good. Didn't need much innovation.
Banjo Tooie- If Banjo Kazooie hadn't come out, this game would be overshadowed.
Conkers Bad Fur Day- Rated M on N64.
Goldeneye- One of the first console shooters with decent multiplayer options...
Perfect Dark- Only really popular because it's built off of Goldeneye's engine, without the James Bond brand, and was hyped up as such.

For the most part, those games are generic with the exception of what I listed. Nothing really amazing about any of them outside of "they came out at a time when their features weren't common". If any of them had come out today and never existed in the past, you would overlook them much the same as you are Rare's current games.
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2010, 02:58:14 am »
  • ...---^^^---...
Personally I loved Battletoads.  It took me a long time to beat it, but I actually did beat it on the original Nes without any cheats, but it took a long long time.  One of those games you have to memorize to beat.  Typically I don't like to have to memorize a game from beginning to end, but for some reason I didn't mind it in Battletoads.  I actually wish they would make a DS version for the new 3DS with coop multiplayer of course, but seeing as the SNES version wasn't much good they probably won't.  sigh...
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2010, 03:39:02 am »
I'm hoping that Rare does with Nuts & Bolts what they did with Grunty's Revenge -- Completely ignore it and make a new game.

I second this post

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2010, 06:35:37 am »
I agree with you that people should not hold Rare in such a high regard and they should not worry because of a single game.

If any of them had come out today and never existed in the past, you would overlook them much the same as you are Rare's current games.
The problem is that when they came out those games were new and examples of future generations of games. Games that continued to build on what Rare had thought up. They did play a role in the evolution of games.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2010, 06:38:48 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
If any of them had come out today and never existed in the past, you would overlook them much the same as you are Rare's current games.
The problem is that when they came out those games were new and examples of future generations of games. Games that continued to build on what Rare had thought up. They did play a role in the evolution of games.

I'm 99.99^9% sure that was the point I was making towards the only reason most of those games are even liked <_<
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2010, 06:46:20 am »
Sorry must have missed the hints. I am a bit fuzzy today. Can't really think clear.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2010, 07:38:44 am »
It's cause you're old! :P

Just messin' with you man. :D

• Mirby Studios
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2010, 05:30:24 pm »
It was also impressive how they managed voice acting on a N64 cartridge.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2010, 07:20:15 pm »
  • The Mike
It was also impressive how they managed voice acting on a N64 cartridge.
That is true thought they did use the expansion pak.

• Zelda Eternity

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2010, 07:54:45 pm »
You reminded me that I never beat that game... so I downloaded it. :P

• Mirby Studios
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 75 queries.

anything