Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: !@#$% yeah 25th Anniversary for Mario, lets celebrate by shoving an SNES rom on a  (Read 5108 times)

!@#$% yeah 25th Anniversary for Mario, lets cele...
« on: December 15, 2010, 01:52:12 am »
Wii disc and plastering a $30 price tag on it. !@#$% yeah Nintendo. That's how we celebrate a game Anniversary, overcharge for a Super Nintendo game, not oh say create a compilation full of some of the different Mario Games like Donkey Kong, Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, Super Mario Kart, Mario Kart 64, hell no, putting an 18 MB game on a 2 GB Wii Disc, great way to save space and money1

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: !@#$% yeah 25th Anniversary for Mario, lets ...
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 02:40:13 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Was allstars 18mb?
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 02:43:03 am »
Nope, not even near that size, but apparently the image of the Wii disc is like 18 MB

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 02:44:54 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Nope, not even near that size, but apparently the image of the Wii disc is like 18 MB

Emulator + rom ;p
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 07:27:13 am »
Yeah, I was dissappointed to. It are the same games as in Super Mario Allstars, which fits on a SNES cartridge. And later on it even fits a SNES cartridge together with Super Mario World. I can understand why those four games are added to the aniversary disc, but it is cheaper to get those games on Virtual Console.

My preference list would be:

Donkey Kong
Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. Lost Levels
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario World
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario 64
Super Mario Kart 64

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 11:38:15 am »
  • .越//
i don't think all your games would fit on a "Super Mario All Stars" disc thhere shoould only be "super mario games" so no donkey kong, no mario bros. and definitly no mario kart... so my list would be:

Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. Lost Levels
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario World
Super Mario World 2
Mario 64

and for full price title i would add Mario Sunshine to the list because its still pretty new

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 02:39:05 pm »
Doesn't it come with other !@#$%, i imagine it's the other !@#$% that makes it cost that much.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2010, 04:46:40 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
IMO they could have invested some time in using the NSMBWii engine to remake the old games, much the same as the old All Stars utilized modern tech for the old games, BUT WHATEVER LAZY ASS NINTENDO :|
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2010, 06:17:55 pm »
i don't think all your games would fit on a "Super Mario All Stars" disc thhere shoould only be "super mario games" so no donkey kong, no mario bros. and definitly no mario kart... so my list would be:

Actually my list kinda represents Mario's main line  history. Donkey Kong is added because this was the very first use of the character and his objective to save a particular female. Mario Bros is added because this is the first game where the character is set as Mario and his brother Luigi is added. The next five are a natural pick as it represents the classic Mario game. I haven't added Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, because I think it is not a Mario game, just like Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land. Yoshi plays the central character.

Okay the next one is obvious, which would be Super Mario 64. The reason I added Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64, is because it is a side step for the Mario character that actually became an established series on home consoles that is still supported by Nintendo. I haven't added the handheld games because that would be nice for a Mario Allstars Handheld edition  :P And the gamecube games are too new.

Doesn't it come with other !@#$%, i imagine it's the other !@#$% that makes it cost that much.
As far as I can tell just a music cd and a booklet.

http://www.nintendo.nl/NOE/nl_NL/games/wii/super_mario_all-stars_-_25th_anniversary_edition_19794.html
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 06:24:59 pm by Niek »
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 07:17:04 pm »

Actually my list kinda represents Mario's main line  history. Donkey Kong is added because this was the very first use of the character and his objective to save a particular female. Mario Bros is added because this is the first game where the character is set as Mario and his brother Luigi is added. The next five are a natural pick as it represents the classic Mario game. I haven't added Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, because I think it is not a Mario game, just like Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land. Yoshi plays the central character.

Okay the next one is obvious, which would be Super Mario 64. The reason I added Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64, is because it is a side step for the Mario character that actually became an established series on home consoles that is still supported by Nintendo. I haven't added the handheld games because that would be nice for a Mario Allstars Handheld edition  :P And the gamecube games are too new.

As far as I can tell just a music cd and a booklet.

http://www.nintendo.nl/NOE/nl_NL/games/wii/super_mario_all-stars_-_25th_anniversary_edition_19794.html

Yep that really is all that it comes with

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2010, 08:07:22 pm »
It's an alright idea.  To me it just seems like something else to keep the game going with copyrights or something.
Then again, you can get this crap on Virtual so whatever.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2010, 09:24:29 pm »
I had to go to Youtube to confirm that it was actually just a emulator + Super Mario Allstars on a disc, because I didn't think Nintendo would even do such a thing. At least Zelda Collector's Edition was on a system that couldn't download games, and it had a menu. This is just pathetic.
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2010, 11:06:54 pm »
  • Wu tang Forever
I had to go to Youtube to confirm that it was actually just a emulator + Super Mario Allstars on a disc, because I didn't think Nintendo would even do such a thing. At least Zelda Collector's Edition was on a system that couldn't download games, and it had a menu. This is just pathetic.
Plus it was, you know, free
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2010, 11:33:16 pm »

Oh it is definitely just emulated, they didn't even change the controller layout screen showing the snes controller

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2010, 12:15:35 am »
Plus it was, you know, free
Yeah, that too.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2010, 02:44:55 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
You can only beat super mario 1 2 and 3 so many times before you just kinda get... y'know... SICK of it. I think it's like... 1 time per game. So uh... GG Nintendo on re-re-re-re-releasing games you made 25-23 years ago.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art

Zhello

N.A.D.I.
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2010, 04:35:19 am »
  • L'homme avec beaucoup de noms.
You can only beat super mario 1 2 and 3 so many times before you just kinda get... y'know... SICK of it. I think it's like... 1 time per game. So uh... GG Nintendo on re-re-re-re-releasing games you made 25-23 years ago.

don't forget Super Mario 64 lol
The IT Guy
Intermediate Coder
Linux is a wonderful thing
~Linkwolf48/Gumstone1080~

The Legend of Zelda - New Beginnings

http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=34986.0
1.6 Demo -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/56km0iadaras56g/LoZNB%20Game%20Folder.rar?dl=0

Side Projects:

Dragon Diary - Cybernetic Threat
Story: http://wiki.zfgc.com/Cybernetic_Threat

Aero88
ZFGC is like the Hotel California.  You can come in but you can never leave!

devianart: http://linkwolf48.deviantart.com/

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2010, 06:12:06 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
Super Mario 64 isn't even on that disc. Also I've played through SM64 like 7 times on N64 alone :P And twice on DS!
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2010, 08:35:19 am »
Super Mario 64 isn't even on that disc. Also I've played through SM64 like 7 times on N64 alone :P And twice on DS!

It's on the disc in spirit

Dr. Strange

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2010, 01:14:31 pm »

It's on the disc in spirit
Dammit, Korea. You stole my secret! The disc doesn't have Super Mario 64, but Super Mario bros super show, an even better addition ;). (actually lies, all liessss)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.263 seconds with 78 queries.