Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 1ST OFFICIAL REV SCREENS! OMGMYHEADA'SPLODE  (Read 11969 times)

Re: 1ST OFFICIAL REV SCREENS! OMGMYHEADA'SPLODE
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2006, 10:54:59 am »
I didn't get to see them either :'(. *sniffle*.

Whitmage, did you just say you found them? Please :)?
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2006, 05:33:05 pm »
If I click on the link I don't see any screen :'(

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2006, 05:49:14 pm »
Shoot, to late. They were deleted. Would somebody mind searching them in their cache and post them here?
EDIT:
Well, I googled them, eh.

Did they look like this? If so, frickin awesome. Really. I'm not a fan of FPS, but those are nice!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 05:54:40 pm by Fox »
  • Me on deviantART

tippz

« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2006, 06:57:53 pm »
They did say that it was rendered in real time, so it can't be a situation where a PC runs for hours to render the scene...
Please give me a link to where they said that... The article linked here is just speculating, so you must have another source :/

as soon as I find the game informer in stores I'll get an exact quote, but I'm pretty sure the people writing the wikipedia article have read it so here is what they say...

Quote from: wikipedia.org
The May issue of Game Informer magazine has graphics of this game. A few photographs have been taken of the Game Informer article and have spread across the internet. According to a representative from Ubisoft, all graphics are rendered in real time, contrary to early rumours that the screenshots were only "concepts" and not ingame.
/quote]

whitemage

« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2006, 03:24:56 am »
I didn't get to see them either :'(. *sniffle*.

Whitmage, did you just say you found them? Please :)?

erm..dont you see the images in my post of the game?

Anyways i found High-Res pics:

http://2nr.lavacube.com/red_steel/01.jpg

http://2nr.lavacube.com/red_steel/02.jpg

http://2nr.lavacube.com/red_steel/03.jpg

http://2nr.lavacube.com/red_steel/04.jpg

http://2nr.lavacube.com/red_steel/05.jpg

Theres some more on their forums.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 03:29:26 am by whitemage »
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2006, 07:14:33 pm »
  • Huzzowee!
If you get rid of the "##.jpg", it brings you to the folder wher eyou can see all 11 pages. I read them, and it looks really cool! I liek how when you turn your hand sideways, the gun turns sideways too. That'll be fun!
"They say 'Don't sweat the little things!', but in the end, the little things are all that matter..."
--Alex2539

aab

^ Evolved from a Hobbit
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2006, 12:18:47 am »
They did say that it was rendered in real time, so it can't be a situation where a PC runs for hours to render the scene...
I didnt mean that they had been done like that, i was just reffering to:
it would take immensly powerful PCs to emulate the revo

I ♥ Sol
.... I ♥ Sol ? wtf how long has that been there? >_> *rrrrrrrrar*
  • MySpace

BZero

« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2006, 01:56:07 am »
Looks pretty good, I guess, but nothing better than the PS3 or Xbox 360 screens I've seen. Doesn't matter, you'll never need better graphics than that anyway.
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2006, 04:34:25 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov
Looks pretty good, I guess, but nothing better than the PS3 or Xbox 360 screens I've seen. Doesn't matter, you'll never need better graphics than that anyway.
Yah... thats the best you can do. Other than real life. so I mean... they've reached their limit.

tippz

« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2006, 07:00:57 pm »
Until video games look like real life you can't say that they've reached their limit.

And most of the stuff on the Revo won't even be comparable to stuff on the 360 or PS3, the hardware power just isn't there.

Pyru

« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2006, 07:07:23 pm »
Until video games look like real life you can't say that they've reached their limit.

And most of the stuff on the Revo won't even be comparable to stuff on the 360 or PS3, the hardware power just isn't there.

There's limitations in screen technology; even with HD, colour isn't absolutely "true", the frame rate- although barely percievable- isn't "realistic" and the resolution can do with much work.

And, of course, it's still on a flat screen, so any 3D is an illusion.

tippz

« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2006, 07:11:49 pm »
But the 'next gen' of consoles still won't really be able to trick anyone into thinking it is a video or a picture. They look really good, but by no means is there a limit. Even CG used in movies often looks fake and none of that is even rendered in real time.

Limey

« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2006, 07:15:33 pm »
Do our eyes have a resolution?  XD

I think eventually videogames will look real.  CG these days is pretty convincing, though it takes FOREVER to render, I know.  But in a thousand years, we'll have advanced our computers so consoles can do things like that instantly, and there will be ways to make animation much easier so it looks more and more realistic.  Look how far we've gotten with copmuters in the past 20 years... Trust me, computers won't have a limit to power as long as the human race exists ;)

Pyru

« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2006, 07:15:56 pm »
Yes, but what I'm saying is there's a limit to what video games will be able to reach without radically different output hardware.

Maybe computer artists- and gamers- should just recognise that true realism isn't really possible in a digital-only format, and so go to more artistic ventures.

tippz

« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2006, 07:20:18 pm »
Well true realism, but if you look at a live action DVD (or HD-DVD now) as the definition of 'realistic' on a TV then compare it to consoles, consoles still can't match it and so a graphical 'limit hasn't been reached.

Pyru

« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2006, 07:22:33 pm »
That's because there's something completely different from filming something, or taking a picture, or even drawing it still, to having a program draw something by itself so that it moves.

Limey

« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2006, 09:30:09 pm »
On current hardware, yes there is no way we'll get realism.  But in the future I believe we'll be able to get pretty convincing graphics.  Though I think games need style more than realism, but they can also have both ;)

Pyru

« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2006, 09:42:53 pm »
On current hardware, yes there is no way we'll get realism.  But in the future I believe we'll be able to get pretty convincing graphics.  Though I think games need style more than realism, but they can also have both ;)

I don't think it's capability of the hardware holding us back; you can increase the number of polygons, the number of colours, the resolution of the skins, even the way objects are told to move... I just don't think there's a way of programming CG to make it look really real.

tippz

« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2006, 11:15:35 pm »
Look at CG movies, those look real, and with each new movie they get closer and closer to totally 'real' looking. In the original Shrek, they even had to tone down the Fiona model, because it looked too real for the surroundings. Eventually, graphics like that will be able to be rendered in real time.
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2006, 11:36:06 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov
xD I sparked that whole conversation

* Issac_Amisov feels special
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.411 seconds with 78 queries.