Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: metallica48423 wants spammers to come here  (Read 5117 times)

metallica48423 wants spammers to come here
« on: July 03, 2006, 11:18:44 pm »
Quote from: The Stabby One
I invite you all to go to ZFGC.com and spam there all you want.  In fact, i'd nearly encourage it, seeing as thats pretty much all they do. You're also welcome to come into our live chatroom and chat it up about nearly whatever you want with people, so long as its not flooding everyone out and its not flaming or derogatory comments.  In fact, you can Click Here and you will automatically join there.

We won't have it here.  Thats all there is to it, really.  Community discussion is not a "whatever goes" board. We all had our chances with spam and it was abused and turned into complete crap with no value whatsoever to the community other than being a trash bin. now people are trying to take it to community discussion.

You're right.  There is no place to post your random insane bullcrap.  Thats not what we are about.  We are a gaming community, and we will not lose sight of the fact that we are a gaming community, where, y'know, we talk about games.

Each and every one of your are welcome to Im me on AIM @ metallica48423 or Commander Stabby if you are willing to debate this and pose your point, but be wary that arguments about what spam is, why dsr sucks without spam, or any other type of similar argument *will* be ignored.  If you have a good reason why you think it should be different and are willing to accept our views on the issue as a part of the big picture, IM me, or IM jon.

Until then, please do not restart this topic
In fact, there is a good possibility that some of the current guests are here for that purpose.  I do not want to cause flaming, but I thought this was relevant somehow, so I posted it.  Not sure if it goes here or in Community Discussion though.  I guess I could ask for your thoughts.
Re: metallica48423 wants spammers to come here
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 12:00:06 am »
What my thoughs are is that the only people RUINING the forum for us is the ones CLAIMING Spam is the only thing people go here. Thats what is causing the most spam and CRAP discussion around here.

Just stay out of spam if you dont like it. If so many people complain about it then why are there still people?
I and a lot of other people post in way more topics than just in spam. Maybe you should take a look in those forums and find out.

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 12:08:46 am »
  • hungry..
Ironic. This place needs to dump spam once and for all.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 12:10:25 am by Dayjo Aspen »
  • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 12:09:23 am »
What Kleaver?  I was not coming down on anybody, all I was doing was showing something that metallica48423 said implies that we are mostly spam. 
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 12:28:47 am »
What Kleaver?  I was not coming down on anybody, all I was doing was showing something that metallica48423 said implies that we are mostly spam. 
And you asked for my thoughts  ;)
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2006, 12:41:37 am »
I kind of meant about the subject matter itself as I did not come down on spam, I only said that metal wanted spammers to come here.  What are your thoughts on that?  (Your original post seemed targeted at me.)

Limey

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2006, 02:34:10 am »
wtf maps!
spam ftw!

Who cares?  There are a few good spammers there, I'd be pleased if they joined n__n
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2006, 03:15:03 am »
As far as I know, the only active forum on dsr is spam (practically) But now they are fixing that I guess. I find it funny though, how metal tells the people at dsr to come here to spam because that is all we do, when I go to dsr and all they do is spam "lol dracon" all day, and hardly even have a community to speak of.

Passing off the spammy useless members to this forum isnt something I would expect from him, but whatever. I don't even care anymore.
We may be human. But we're still animals.
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2006, 03:19:23 am »
lol dracon.

IGC got rid of spam, DSR got rid of spam.  Next will zfgc? dun dun DUNNN.

But unlike dsr, igc has an off topic board that has some leniance.

cpprograms

Banned
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2006, 03:32:44 am »
I REFUSE to believe metal said this without solid proof.

Links or proof that email occurred or something, please.
  • cpprograms
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2006, 03:34:48 am »

CrystalAngel04

Resident ZFGC female
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2006, 03:39:18 am »
  • \\*Caution*\\ The Internets: May contain Women
basicly all i gotta say is wtf? that couldn't have been the metal i know...
  • -= Crystal Angel Creations =-

Hikij

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2006, 03:45:02 am »
LOL @ Metal
All we do is spam? Puh-leeze. All DSR does is either
1. Spam
or
2. Whine about the Spam board being closed.
That's part of the reason why I quit.

cpprograms

Banned
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2006, 03:48:46 am »
thank you

Yes we have a big spam forum, but we do discuss other things... Community speak isn't that small and debates is good... I don't look into the zelda stuff anymore, as a lot of people on here, but let's face it, most of us who have been here for a long time have lost interest in zelda, but not eachother. A fad fades but friends don't.

I am quite surprised metal would say such a thing when he doesn't even visit zfgc much anymore ;-\

Ah well, can't expect higher ups to make sense... I lead the chat for the most part and I know I don't make much sense to people :P
  • cpprograms
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2006, 03:50:12 am »
he was probably annoyed at the time, but i can understand why he'd mention zfgc, after all most of the people that got the DSR SPAM board shut down were from ZFGC (Limey, Fissure, Bran etc.)
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2006, 03:53:01 am »
he was probably annoyed at the time, but i can understand why he'd mention zfgc, after all most of the people that got the DSR SPAM board shut down were from ZFGC (Limey, Fissure, Bran etc.)

We didn't get it shutdown, the admins who shut it down got it shutdown.

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2006, 03:56:08 am »
Weird that metal would say that.

Anyway, not to go off topic, but I'm curious. Why is spam so integral to this board? It's just useless dribble as far as I'm concerned. It doesn't raise your post count (does it?) so no ego boosting, it doesn't make sense, it wastes time out of your life, it brings down forum intelligence, and it takes attention away from worthwhile topics.

I know I probably missed a lot of the debate but why is dumping it once and for all such a bad idea?
The Legend of Zelda: Hall of the Dead
Complete and free Zelda fan game
http://dayjo.org/uncannyvisions/hotd.html

Hikij

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2006, 04:06:34 am »
If it's not broken, don't fix it.  ;)

Hyperhal

Certified DSL Owner
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2006, 04:10:39 am »
  • Rock Howard
Spam is the only reason that this forum is alive. Its like theres no more production going on anymore. Not to mention that every topic we get is on something illegal or just another debate that turns into "lol flame." Why is it even zfgc anymore if we don't have any fangames to prove ourselves to the internet that "We are what we say we are. ZFGC". Now its like "Meh, fangame, doesn't matter", or "Geh, OoT2d, seen it". So then people do the next best thing to cure their boredom. Lol, spam. I really don't see a purpose in the board, especially since more than half the posts are useless rumble. Even the chat room is the suck now, and that was ALWAYS good.

Lol, post.
I guess I should start visiting this website again. ._.

Limey

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2006, 04:53:12 am »
But juan played a big role in it, and hes DSR staff.

anyway, Metal turned into a nazi over there on DSR, even TakaM said so, and he seems to be a non-spammy person.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 72 queries.