Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Captain Jack  (Read 3477 times)

Captain Jack
« on: July 16, 2006, 12:38:20 am »
  • Revan Does Not Care!
Wow,it's been a while since i've posted anything here. This is a drawing i'm currently working on of Jack. Still has some more to go but it's nearing completion.
http://www.youtube.com/HarveyArtifex

Sic vis pacem, para bellum.
Re: Captain Jack
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 12:43:01 am »
Wow :O
It's really good... :D
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 12:54:19 am »
hmm...it's nice and all but...it just doesn't feel like Jack. The expression and pose just feel a bit off for his character, other than his right hand that is.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 01:07:04 am »
  • Revan Does Not Care!
I see what you mean. Does this look any better?

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006, 01:09:39 am »
  • When you express in one word, “the anus”
Really good, but I cant tell exactly what hes doing, looks kind like hes marching.

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2006, 02:37:50 am »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
Really good, but I cant tell exactly what hes doing, looks kind like hes marching.

Actually he's about to excecute something we fencers call a "parry" where you thrust slightly.
This is an excellent drawing, and your are an excellent artist, awsome work.
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2006, 03:26:54 am »
  • When you express in one word, “the anus”
ah, I see it now

Limey

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2006, 03:31:15 am »
I just orgasm'd.  :o

sorachain

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2006, 03:40:10 am »
wow he was in KH 2!  ;)

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2006, 08:35:22 am »
  • hungry..
He should be thrusting imo :). But still, very nice there Rev.
  • My Blog
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2006, 04:41:18 pm »
  • Fendez Coder
Nice drawing man! Great proportions and stuff. Good shading. The first one looks like a manakin though. The second one definately looks alive - but what did you change? is it just the eye? It does look more Jack-like, the mascara defines Jack eh :P

Och vi som väntar på något gott vi väntar alltid för länge jag vet, jag vet
men ett liv med låga krav är som sommar utan sol och vinter utan snö
Och vem vill leva så
  • Fendez Games

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2006, 04:59:08 pm »
  • hungry..
He's leaning further back on the second one, which is what Jack seems to do a lot on the films :)
  • My Blog

stabauqa292

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2006, 11:52:50 am »
Aw. When I clicked the link toget to your thread I thought I was going to see pop legend Captian Jack with a cool little headset. Very nice though. I like how you shaded because it's not evident that you smudged. I also like the boots because you captured the style of it. One thing I would change is to add a couple of more frills, buttons, epelets, and stuff to the jacket to make it look more like a pirate, except I'm not sure if he has all those auxillary peices on his jacket, but other than that, I would make him muscular, give him a Mr.T like hair cut, and a little headset.
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2006, 02:09:27 am »
  • Revan Does Not Care!
Aw. When I clicked the link toget to your thread I thought I was going to see pop legend Captian Jack with a cool little headset. Very nice though. I like how you shaded because it's not evident that you smudged. I also like the boots because you captured the style of it. One thing I would change is to add a couple of more frills, buttons, epelets, and stuff to the jacket to make it look more like a pirate, except I'm not sure if he has all those auxillary peices on his jacket, but other than that, I would make him muscular, give him a Mr.T like hair cut, and a little headset.

I have no idea who you are talking about :p

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2006, 02:11:33 am »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
He thought for some stupid reason you would have drawn the washed up DJ/pop star Captain jack (now a proprietor of konami's DDR games)
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2006, 05:31:51 am »

I guess you've never seen Pirates of the Caribbean. Captain Jack Sparrow is one of the main characters, played by Johnny Depp, and this is Revan's fanart of him.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2006, 01:30:38 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
Wow, awesome work. The second one is definetely more like jack :D. Once again, excellent work *thumbs up*

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2006, 02:26:19 pm »
Nice work!
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2006, 05:25:16 pm »
  • ZFGC veteran
Excellent drawing!

off topic: Statement: I see you are a kotor fan meatbag.. oh no I did it again!

(If you havent played kotor you wont get this a droid called HK-47 calls humans meatbags)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 05:27:50 pm by Link Hero of Time »

Disappearing at random intervals for long periods of time since ezboard. (look I finally fixed the spelling error!)
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2006, 10:11:23 pm »
  • n___n
It's very good, very good! I like how you positioned his right hand for some reason, it suits his character. Perhaps you can turn his mouth into a sort of concentrating yet angry scowl or grimace. And maybe one of his legs could be bent. Like so you can imagine him pushing off of the other foot. Maybe his front leg should be kneely like.

This is a great peice so far.
yo yo yo

araknid_kid@yahoo.com = email and MSN
HellsExecutionR = AIM
araknidude = XBox Live gamertag
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 73 queries.

anything