Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3D Game Creator  (Read 5324 times)

Re: 3D Game Creator
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2006, 06:56:25 pm »
To be honest, i reccomend learning directX and using assembly or something, its the best in the long run anyway. But as for warez, its only stealing if you actually use it. For example, if i downloada a movie, and watch it, i just stole it. If i download programming software and look at it, but dont create anything or distribute anything from it, really, im just previewing it, its like downloading a trailer for a movie. Its like downloading a game, and only viewing the titlescreen, its not stealing if you never use it. (in my opinion). The way i see it, its like, watching someone use the programming language at a friends house, and them letting you have a play with it, you didnt pay for it, yet you used it, you didnt make anything with it though, or distribute anything, so its fine.
Its like your friend lending you a game, you didnt pay for it did you?

But then again, im creating a debate, wrong section, lmfao. The point is, learn assembly or something and try to make your own, failing that (because its almost impossible from my point of view, lol), try Irrlitch combined with purebasic, assembly or c++.
  • Elliott Parkinson
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2006, 07:45:25 pm »
C# and MDX (Managed DirectX), having been using this for the last few months for writing an engine for one of BinaryPhoenix's projects (Crystalline River) I have to say it works very well, is exceptionally simple and very intuitive to pick up. Also don't believe the garbage people spout out about it being slower than native code (hell its JIT compiled so technically it is native), because to be honest its pure BS, there are some SMALL (1-2% or so) slow downs in some very specific areas, but nothing you will ever notice (I can render 5000 alpha blended, rotated and scaled images in around 5ms (keeps a very stead 150+fps) in my engine). And best of all its free :).
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2006, 09:04:50 pm »
  • Txet Lanosrep
Alright Majora and Helios seem to know what your talking about so, learning C# and DirectX sounds good.  What will I need to get started?  Also are there prebuilt graphics functions or will I need to download an engine my self?

Retro
  • TITANIC
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2006, 09:22:35 pm »
  • =/
Alright, Helios, you got my attention. Where do you find this stuff I need to learn C# and directx?
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2006, 09:41:18 pm »
Alright, Helios, you got my attention. Where do you find this stuff I need to learn C# and directx?
For C#, dunno I just picked it up I didn't need any tutorials, but just to help here's the first result from google :P. http://www.softsteel.co.uk/tutorials/cSharp/lesson1.html

And if you need a good IDE try VSExpress, thats what I'm currently using for Crystalline River.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualcsharp/ .

Well for learning managed DirectX this site may help it goes through from start to finish creating a simple 3D space fighter'esq game http://www.riemers.net/index.php . I normally just experiment to learn new API's I find it works better than reading tutorials by other people.

If you want more help just google, there are billions of tutorials. And if that fails, just IM me and I'll try and help (AIM: Chleonard, GTalk: Helios4Ever)

Don't give up at first because it seems hard, its quite easy when you get used to it.
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2006, 09:43:15 pm »
  • =/
For C#, dunno I just picked it up I didn't need any tutorials, but just to help here's the first result from google :P. http://www.softsteel.co.uk/tutorials/cSharp/lesson1.html

And if you need a good IDE try VSExpress, thats what I'm currently using for Crystalline River.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualcsharp/ .

Well for learning managed DirectX this site may help it goes through from start to finish creating a simple 3D space fighter'esq game http://www.riemers.net/index.php . I normally just experiment to learn new API's I find it works better than reading tutorials by other people.

If you want more help just google, there are billions of tutorials. And if that fails, just IM me and I'll try and help (AIM: Chleonard, GTalk: Helios4Ever)

Don't give up at first because it seems hard, its quite easy when you get used to it.
If its about as hard as C++ then I'm fine and thanks. I'll be sure to check that out.
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2006, 09:46:17 pm »
Well seeing as it is a member of the C family it won't be a walk in the park for a new comer, but it is generally a lot easier than C++, if you've ever used java you can probably get used to C# quite easily.

Antidote

>.>
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2006, 04:45:37 am »
  • In all seriousness who's serious?
i'm writing my zelda engine in c# but i find that SharpDevelop is better than VC# express do to the fact that it doesn't take alot of time to set up unlike the afformentioned one and best of all it's open source so if you find an error and know how to fix it you can
  • Axiomatic Data Laboratories
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 49 queries.

anything