Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 3D Game Creator  (Read 5323 times)

3D Game Creator
« on: August 02, 2006, 08:32:37 pm »
  • Txet Lanosrep
I am currently looking at way to make a 3D game, no I am not interested in C++, this will just be a small project for fun.  I was wondering if there were any Windows programs like Unity 3D, that have level modelers and character modelers built in?  Also one with a easy to learn language like Gamemaker would help a lot.

Thanks,
   Retro

Retro
  • TITANIC
Re: 3D Game Creator
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 08:51:40 pm »
  • =/
http://www.3dgamestudio.com/

If you want something a bit different:

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Products/blitz3d.php

If you read the manuel, there both easy.
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 07:03:08 pm »
  • Txet Lanosrep
Thanks, only problem is that those are both pay programs.  Would Gamemaker be good enough?

Retro
  • TITANIC

Limey

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 07:05:20 pm »
I really like 3d Gamestudio, its worth buying if you ask me.
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 07:20:40 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
3D GameStudio hands down.

But be sure to use the thirty day trial before deciding.  Use it to evaluate.  3DGS pwns.
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 09:20:48 pm »
Thanks, only problem is that those are both pay programs.  Would Gamemaker be good enough?
*Cough* Torrent anyone? *Cough* :P
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 09:23:45 pm »
  • =/
Actually the 3d game studio is almost impossible to download in torrent format. I suggest *cough*Piers*cough*msn*cough*.

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 09:24:42 pm »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
Thats the beuty of torrent, nothings impossible to download  >_<
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 09:26:13 pm by Pedlya »
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 09:25:14 pm »
Actually the 3d game studio is almost impossible to download in torrent format. I suggest *cough*Piers*cough*msn*cough*.
Don't get an illegal copy of 3dgs... it causes nothing but trouble for you... and they're pretty good at finding applications that were made illegally.
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2006, 09:54:26 pm »
Don't get an illegal copy of 3dgs... it causes nothing but trouble for you... and they're pretty good at finding applications that were made illegally.

That depends if you make a game with the illigal version and distribute it, i like to find torrents of full versions etc for my own personal trial, if i like it and can adapt to it, then i buy it, basically i trial the full version so i know what i can actually do with it before getting the legal thing.
  • Elliott Parkinson
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2006, 10:01:14 pm »
  • =/

That depends if you make a game with the illigal version and distribute it, i like to find torrents of full versions etc for my own personal trial, if i like it and can adapt to it, then i buy it, basically i trial the full version so i know what i can actually do with it before getting the legal thing.
Exactly, I never use anything I havn't payed for unless its for personal experience. Distributing it, is a different story though.

Its like with roms, you see the game, you want to buy it, but don't know what its like. What can you do? If you buy is and hate it, you've lost money. If you download and test it, your fine.
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2006, 10:03:54 pm »
It's still stealing.

EDIT: Plus they already give you a 30 day trial... that's all you could ask for from them.
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2006, 10:08:21 pm »
It's still stealing.

EDIT: Plus they already give you a 30 day trial... that's all you could ask for from them.

Agreed.
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2006, 10:17:49 pm »
  • Seppuku Arts
Torrents? TORRENTS? Okay I am very anti warez, piracy or whatever you wanna call it, but I'm not fgonna fall out with anyone over it.

I would recommend;

3D Game Studio
Blitz 3D
DarkBasic Pro

As they are your easiest ones out there...but they all cost money, I personally out of these 3 use Dark Basic Pro, I also use Torque, but thats more technical and is more expensive than the 3 listed.

However, here is one solution, it is a bit technical, but easier than Torque and definitely easier than C++.

You have a choice of these 3 programming language programs.

Visual C# 2005 express, free until November, get in quick, found on the microsoft developers network, google the name of VC# 05 exp.
Visual Basic.NET 2005 express, same as C#, but a differant language.

Both C# and Visual Basic require .NET framework 2, I think recent computers come with this, but it is downloadable with the programs.

Or...Borland Delphi 7 PE, PE stands for personal edition, this means no commercial use, with what you'll be using for game making will not be for commercial use. If you cannot find Delphi, tell me and I'll dig up a forum post on another site of a direct link. (This product is discontinued which is why it will be hard to find.)

As for the game making part, try the Truevision 3D SDK, its fairly simple, I started using it with C# and delphi, its pretty cool and up to date.

So, I would download Delphi and Truevision3D (free version). Neither allow for commercial use, but its a good combination, delphi has a lot of tutorials to learn and is quite easy to learn and Truevision 3D, has limited tutorials, but come with plenty of examples that are commented on as tutorials and the community is very good at helping you with problems. This as far as I can see is your only LEGAL free option. If you want to go commercial buy the products, however the commerical versions of the products are rather expensive, so investing on one of the 3 at the top of this post might be a good idea.
Project: Shadow Behind The Leaves
Dark Basic Pro | Cinema 4D 6 | Hexagon 2 | Blender |  Photoshop 6 | C++/Ogre/Irrlicht | C#/Delphi/Truevision | Torque Game Engine 1.4
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2006, 10:19:03 pm »
  • =/
It's still stealing.

I was an idiot and already used up my 30 day free trail when I didn't know anything about a programming language. Yes, I agree it is stealing, and I respect you enough, to delete it off my harddrive. (I have to anyway to make more room)

It's still stealing.

Agreed.
I respect you even more too do what I just said.
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2006, 10:47:11 pm »
  • Seppuku Arts
Good move I say, its always feels better to get something out with the honest way with paying for it and using your own work, its more satifying in the end, because you're restricted by your budget and when you get something awesome on that restricted budget, you think, 'screw 3DS Max(for example), this is cool' ;)
Project: Shadow Behind The Leaves
Dark Basic Pro | Cinema 4D 6 | Hexagon 2 | Blender |  Photoshop 6 | C++/Ogre/Irrlicht | C#/Delphi/Truevision | Torque Game Engine 1.4
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2006, 10:51:45 pm »
Good move I say, its always feels better to get something out with the honest way with paying for it and using your own work, its more satifying in the end, because you're restricted by your budget and when you get something awesome on that restricted budget, you think, 'screw 3DS Max(for example), this is cool' ;)
That was one of the smartest and most true things I've ever heard anyone say on the matter.
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2006, 10:53:24 pm »
  • =/
Now now, 3ds max is different. No one ever illegally gets that because of too much respect for the program.

But I do agree with what you said, and now the only illegal thing on my computer is N64 roms.
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2006, 03:54:34 pm »

The 3D functions of GameMaker require registration.

Naz

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2006, 04:55:23 am »
  • Ph34r the toast.
I have used 3DGS to create a game before.  I don't suggest it.  Get a different program is what I suggest.
Don't read this.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 77 queries.

anything