Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ocarina of Time VS. Majora's Mask Competition  (Read 4321 times)

Ocarina of Time VS. Majora's Mask Competition
« on: April 11, 2006, 01:35:35 am »
  • META MAJINKEN!
In thie competition, you decide if you want to side with MM or OOT.
Then say three things why that game you chose is good
and say 2 things why the game you did not side with is bad.

Alright! PICK A TEAM!

Ocarina Of Time Team
Chaotic_Death
Pyro
gm112
----

Majora's Mask Team
XdragonSB
LiNk1090
Hero of Fire
thenoblesheep

I choose MM team.

MM Goodies:
 1 - Transforming is a great idea to have in the game. I love to transform into Zora link and dash into the water.
 2 - Many things are modified, and made things look better. And the Temples are puzzling, which I like.
 3 - OGRE DIETY'S MASK PWNS!!!!

OOT Badies:
 1 - I think Water Temple was way to complicated
 2 - I find the game, "scary" cause of it's creepyness in Adult Link's dungeons. (But in MM, I dunno why, I feel exited instead O_o)

EDIT: Forgot my Badies and Goodies. (Pros and Cons)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 01:30:26 am by xdragonsb »

The Creator Of:
  • PureZC
Re: Ocarina of Time VS. Majora's Mask Competitio...
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 01:55:42 am »
OoT.

OoT Pros:
- More dungeons = more fun!
- More of a storyline to it, and more what could be considered *important* characters.
- First (and only) 3D appearance of Ganondorf/Ganon
- Adult Link!

MM Cons:
- Time limit.  I always hated that.
- Only four dungeons... then those four mini-temples in the moon if you count those as one dungeon.
- You can't use the Giant's/Fierce Diety's mask almost anywhere!  And they're the only good masks IMO. (besides deku/goron/zora)

Pyro

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 01:58:08 am »
OoT.

OoT Pros.
- Ocarina of Time became a legend, It changed LoZ Series forever when it was converted to 3D
- I love the dungeons
- Perfect A+ Storyline

MM Cons.
- To short..
- Not enough transformations ;)
- Same as C_D: You can't use the Giant's/Fierce Diety's mask almost anywhere!  And they're the only good masks IMO. (besides deku/goron/zora)

gm112

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 02:30:41 am »
if i can join the OOT team then yes ill be happy too
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 03:43:45 am »
  • Look its link with the Goron Mask xD
Well Personally I go back and forth [I like MM and OoT the same] so I'll just post good and bad things about both :).

OoT:
Good: More dungeons, Adult and young Link, Ganon/Ganondorf, More Bosses, Some Items are more cool,
and so on.
Bad: Some glitches, Can't transform witb any masks, To musch time taken up from talking where as in MM you can skip through the talking really fast, and so on.
      MM:
Good: Can transform with masks, Storyline/time to beat game IS LONGER... I'm sure of it, cooler items,
somehwhat better dungeon and overworld music, and so on.
Bad: Third dungeon Boss as made to weird/ He almost always get's you when you try to get back on the ledge after attacking you unless you know what your doing, Some places can be annoying, and so on. :)

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 07:27:45 am »
  • Silly cat!
Majora's Mask is the better game. I love Majora's Mask :).

Majora's Mask Pros.
- Sad and interesting story, it kept you intrigued. Throughout the whole game when you were searching for the Four Giants, you had to wonder, was the Moon going to collide with the Earth, or what?
- Improved Ocarina of Time engine and graphics.
- Use of Mask and general Mask transformation meant innovation, and more fun.
- The Bomber's Notebook and the fact that you could take on different forms meant that you actually got the chance to know the characters in the game. You were able to hear Anju's feelings for her love, and Lulu's sadness for her babies.
- Less Heart Containers means more Heart Pieces means more things to do. Even though the game had 4 dungeons, you still found yourself with more things to do.
- Refightable bosses.
- The game had a dark, sad atmosphere. It just felt better.
- Majora's Mask had Fierce Deity Link ;).

Ocarina of Time Cons.
- Nothing, really. I just prefer Majora's Mask more :P.

Bad: Some glitches, Can't transform witb any masks, To musch time taken up from talking where as in MM you can skip through the talking really fast, and so on.
OOT Badies:
 1 - I think Water Temple was way to complicated
 2 - I find the game, "scary" cause of it's creepyness in Adult Link's dungeons. (But in MM, I dunno why, I feel exited instead O_o)
It's sad, because both of you are giving pretty poor cons to Ocarina of Time... And I think you were looking towards what Ocarina of Time didn't have, rather than what it did. Embrace what the game has, don't think about what it needed ;).

I love Ocarina of Time too, I just enjoyed Majora's Mask a little tiny bit more.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 07:32:03 am by Hero of Fire »

Hoffy.
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006, 08:42:53 am »
Ocarina of Time 4ever!

Good points:
-1st 3D zelda!
-Many dungeons!
-Many well know characters from the Zelda serie in 3D!
-Good story!
-Ganondorf/Ganon!
-Young Zelda/Adult Zelda!
-Riding on Epona for the 1st time!
-Traveling through time!
-etc.
-etc.
-etc.

Bad points:
-none
-none
-none :P

Pyro

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2006, 07:00:04 pm »
zomg I so agree with HoF on the whole MM thing, specially Feirce Deity Link ;P

Anyways another con for MM

-Cant press B to swim faster xD (Although you could swim SOOOO amazingly with Zora Link)

thenoblesheep

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2006, 10:34:44 pm »
Majora's Mask team...just can't help from pondering though, is there a particular reason that no one abided by the author's suggested format, 3 Pros and 2 cons from the other game?
1-Indepth story, with incredible npc depth.
2-Four well-done dungeons.
3-Mini-games and an activities to entertain the player, such as there being 6 bottles, plenty of heart containers, and 24 masks.

OOT cons
1-Dungeon quality. Sure, there may be a large quanity of dungeons, but I mean think about the quality they consist of. The first three dungeons, are ridiculously short and easy, even on a maiden run. Nor did any puzzle truly puzzle me, excluding that of the well-done Water Temple.
2-Easy consistent bosses, all need to be stunned before damage is dealt.

Why are so many people criticizing the masks in MM. Fierce Deity and Giants Mask aren't the only useful masks. The bunnyhood mask is the most useful, and several masks serve combat purposes.
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006, 01:31:01 am »
  • META MAJINKEN!
Ok, MM is winning against OOT by one. And I edited things already so you can see who has more ppl in each team

The Creator Of:
  • PureZC
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2006, 06:41:51 am »
I'm in the OOT TEAM(Best team) :D

OSL

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2006, 09:28:34 pm »
  • lol wut
Both games are awesome.
Quote from: OSM Welcome Topic
Quote from: OSL
Quote from: Piers,Mar 25 2006, 02:30 AM
You fool! you just destroyed the laws of life. OSM and OSL are not aloud to meet. *gets sucked into a huge vortex*
NOOOOOOOO THE VORTEEEEEEEEEEX!!

Quote from: OSL
Quote from: trelantana
Untrue, OSL.  Or should I say "Online Start Local"?  That's right, I know your full name.
fgfhgfhgfhgfhgfhgfhgfh
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2006, 04:39:46 pm »
OOT

OOT pros-
1. Very interesting Storyline and more interesting characters, shiek, zelda, Ganondorf was a more interesting and better badguy, and the other characters were just more interesting to me.
2. More areas and more interesting and wide open ones (Hyrule Field)
3. Game was Longer 9 dungeons over 4
4. Music very original, easy to remember

MM-cons
1. Quite short (shorter than WW) only 4 dungeons
2. Less areas, places like the main overworld were small
3. Time mechanism was very annoying and took a while to get used to and understand, lots of accidently losing items and things like that
4. Music nowhere near as good as Ocarina of Time, things like boss music and the ocarina songs, the ocarina songs were all simple tunes that just repeat themselves like the first songs you get in OOT, the instrument songs have been going down in quality since MM, WW was even worse and I hope TP can make it OOT quality again
5. Ending build up was not as good as OOT didn't feel like you were told enough it was going to be the final battle after you left the 4th temple to go to the clock tower, and the rest of the end part of the game was suprisingly short and dissapointing.

I'll comment on 2 pros anyway, the masks idea was original and the different forms and abilities were cool and also the ability to play bosses again was good.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 04:45:39 pm by sciky »
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2006, 12:47:23 pm »
OOT

OOT Pros:
-Great storyline
-The dungeons and how at the end link goes back in time :'(
-Loved the Sound Effects/Music
-Harder challenge to get through the dungeons.

MM Cons:
-Hated the time thing, I got the golden sand to get my blade to become full, but then I go back in time, and i loose it! So then winter is not there anymore. :-(
-I thought the dungeons were really easy
-Didn't have Navi saying 'HEY!'
-Didn't really see the plot of the game
-Hated how you had to save on the owls.

OcarinaBoy

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2006, 08:32:59 pm »
OoT.

OoT
- I like the story
- My first zelda game
- Cool Ocarina music
- No Time limit
- Spirit temple rocks:D:D

MM
- Time limit S*CK
- I hate the save

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2006, 10:10:03 pm »
  • Silly cat!
MM Cons:
-Hated the time thing, I got the golden sand to get my blade to become full, but then I go back in time, and i loose it! So then winter is not there anymore. :-(
-I thought the dungeons were really easy
-Didn't have Navi saying 'HEY!'
-Didn't really see the plot of the game
-Hated how you had to save on the owls.
Oh come now, you're just too scared to take the Zelda series to a new place. The time limit made the game fun, more real in that sense. The more real a game is, the more I love it. I love walking around Clock Town early in the morning, just for no reason. I like visiting Snowhead on a Spring day just to witness how great it looks. I love visiting the Great Bay during the afternoon to watch the orange sunset.
The time limit made it seem like you really had something to do, and the world of Termina was relying on you, even though they didn't know it. The time limit gave you a sense that you would strive to complete your quest. And you didn't need to save at owl statues, you could just play the Song of Time to return to the First Day. It's all I ever did. And everything started over. If you know how to toggle with time, the game's time limit really didn't affect the gameplay at all.
The owl statues weren't a nuisance, they are no different to the Save Stations in Metroid, or the Typewriters in Resident Evil. When you get to a certain point, you can just save away and come back.
As for the Golden Sand and Gilded Sword, I don't know what you're talking about, because when you go back in time, you still have the Gilded Sword. The dungeons were no easier than Ocarina of Time, they even required a little more thinking. The Great Bay Temple? That was difficult. The Stone Tower Temple? Quite a maze too. As for Tatl not saying "HEY!" and rather ringing a bell, this was because fans were annoyed at Navi, plus, Nintendo wanted to make Navi and Tatl seem different, and I'm not really sure why you would miss the "HEY!" at all.
I'm not really sure how you didn't see the plot of the game, it's pretty simple. If you didn't really see the plot of the game, here's it a nutshell: Link is looking for Navi, but after meeting up with a mischevious Skull Kid and losing his Ocarina, Horse and even his Body, Link finds himself in the Land of Termina, a Parrallel Hyrule. At Link's arrival he discovers that the Skull Kid has been possessed by the Majora's Mask, and he has called the Moon to collide with Earth. Link has three days before the Moon collides, and he has to find the Four Giants of Termina to send the Moon back into orbit. Link is also trusted to retrieve the Majora's Mask and hand it back to it's rightful owner. 

Hoffy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.264 seconds with 149 queries.