Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Eating, sleeping... all in our imagination?  (Read 7847 times)

Re: Eating, sleeping... all in our imagination?
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2006, 09:44:51 pm »
What if science lies?!

... okay, seriously. Scientist tell a lot of stuff they find out. And we go all like "Uh-huh, okay, if you guys say so." And only because we can't prove the opposite.

They might be wrong too, you know! Maybe perpetuum mobiles (Hah, I love that word) DO exist!
Yes but you see scientists actually have proof or at the least generally backed up theories, you don't :P.

But hey scientists are always willing to be proved wrong

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2006, 09:50:20 pm »
Has man really been on the moon?

Or did some "scientist" build some paper-craft-bones-and-stuff and tell us that this is our past?

Of course not paper-craft. That was a funny (!) exaggeration to make my point obvious.
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2006, 10:00:01 pm »

Or did some "scientist" build some paper-craft-bones-and-stuff and tell us that this is our past?

Of course not paper-craft. That was a funny (!) exaggeration to make my point obvious.
Ah, so you are saying scientists are deceitful?

Well in that case you've just insulted a large portion of my immediate and non-immediate family.

Fox

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2006, 10:29:46 pm »
Without intention. Besides, I didn't say they're awful liars. I said that probably they made things easier for us by saying things that might not be true. No, I CONSIDERED that. I didn't even say it...
  • Me on deviantART

Mogrymillian

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2006, 11:46:50 am »
There are some prooves that human can live without food and without drinking. It's called Aliment (well, fox says, that's the word. For all germans around here: Lichtnahrung), or Prahna(gotta search the book where it's in, I'm not sure aout this word). You get the energy by Illuminating. It's something buddhist, i think, that's why I know it.

Again the question, is food necessary? I don't think so.

tippz

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2006, 03:19:21 pm »
Except a human dies without all of those things, if it were just an addiction formed long ago we would be able to ween ourselfs off all of those things. TOo bad we can't...

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2006, 06:53:46 pm »
  • Things to see and people to do.
There are some prooves that human can live without food and without drinking. It's called Aliment (well, fox says, that's the word. For all germans around here: Lichtnahrung), or Prahna(gotta search the book where it's in, I'm not sure aout this word). You get the energy by Illuminating. It's something buddhist, i think, that's why I know it.

In that case, why don't we evolve solar panels on our necks to absorb solar power, and power our bodies with it!

We need food. I need food.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/

Fox

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2006, 09:05:56 pm »

In that case, why don't we evolve solar panels on our necks to absorb solar power, and power our bodies with it!

We need food. I need food.
She didn't say that everybody does. She didn't even say how it worked...
  • Me on deviantART

Mogrymillian

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2006, 10:22:16 pm »

-.- debating in english. You see, i can't do it.
It's not like sunlight, it's the light you get, if you walk the buddhist path...-.- can't discribe.
I think everybody CAN do it, after a long training. Everyone can learn to do it, but it has a lot to do with faith...
And I really do not know who it works. I just read this articles in a book and was impressed. Unfortunally I lost the book...

Fox

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2006, 10:34:09 pm »
I think you're talking about Enlightement! (Erleuchtung). Not sure about that one though, and my point wasn't that it would work now, but that it was that way ages ago.
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2006, 03:46:56 am »
So a Buddhist belief takes precendence over scientific fact? Excuse my blutness, but if you argue that you can live without water and food and oxygen, you're an idiot.

You can't.

aab

^ Evolved from a Hobbit
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2006, 12:12:46 pm »
Idiot? We are debating here Scooternew.

... okay, seriously. Scientist tell a lot of stuff they find out. And we go all like "Uh-huh, okay, if you guys say so." And only because we can't prove the opposite.
Ever heard of Universities?

Thousands of different people (esp during the 60's, there was a massive revolution in geology back then), many of whom compete viciously to try and be the ones to discover the proof in this or that, over hundreds of years. When one person comes up with something, hundreds of others question, mock, ridicule (or far back in the day, execute) when something new comes up. The information we have today is undeniably what is most probable, and has been agreed upon and tested by most of the experts in such fields for many years, from many nations etc.
Science > Fox.
end of.

There is clearly going to be a pshycological effect, when we deprive ourselves of using these (what i understand to be) required functions; If we don't eat, sleep, breathe, then our body prioritises them, and makes us want them and feel we can't live withought them.
The right mind could lasy for a far greater time withought them than the normal person; But death would eventually occur.

Just think of all the cells that die off your skin, and need to be regenerated. We get this energy from where? Inside ourselves? Stored? Where is it stored? Not fat; We haven't eaten. Not other cells, otherwise we'd lose other areas too.
Unless we all have invisible energy resources plugged into our belly buttons i don't see how we can possibly continue withought energy.
Of course, as we get older, cells can no longer regenerate ibn many areas, and we need less energy for that - Theres something interesting to think about...
But our cells need energy to maintain themselves, and our body energy to communicate within itself what it is doing.

I mean, why would we even have blood? Lets drain ourselves of blood and see whos right. *Waits for someone to come along explaining other uses of blood, like cleaning, moisture w/e*

I ♥ Sol
.... I ♥ Sol ? wtf how long has that been there? >_> *rrrrrrrrar*
  • MySpace

Fox

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2006, 02:44:04 pm »
You know, 500 years ago, people believed that they were right and lived and undeniable truth too. A few centuries later we found out that they were wrong (Of course not within one night, but over these five centuries). How can we be sure that it's not the same this time with us? I know, we got better ways of finding things out etc blah blah, but hey - who says that we're on the edge of what we CAN find out.

And again. Again, again, again. I'm not claiming that it is possible to survive without eating, sleeping etc. I never did. I said that our early ancestors, millions of years before, did MAYBE live like that. Only because we don't exactly know.

Oh well. I see that I don't have enough knowledge in science to know better, and I lack of vocabulary to prove my points and tell my ideas... >_>
  • Me on deviantART

aab

^ Evolved from a Hobbit
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2006, 03:22:41 pm »
We arn't ruled by religion and fear of execution under the crimes of treason and heresy.
We can't say we're on the edge, but to speculate anything like against what is the most acceptable science, is today, as good as to say that we are all in the Matrix, or in the dreams of a fly in some other universe.
Its nothing but entertaining, and to proposing as something serious (/withought enterntainment value) is pointless; I'm not suggesting that about this entire topic, just about your argument concerning the credibility of modern science in relation to what was considered science.

As for something in our ancestory to live differently, 4Sword debated about that earlier:
Anything that has ever wanted to do something has needed energy to do it; and to do complex things, it needs to get that energy or have the energy come to it.  Organisms may not have needed energy in the past due to what they were in provided them with motion, but their systems would wear out and die to to lack of energy.  Trust me, our ancestors, the old-old-old ones needed to breathe just as much as we do now; in the sense of breathing and not a specific amount.  I really do not see science behind what you say unless you are referring to a human ancestor being a simple, simple thing less than bacteria.
Don't be discouraged Fox; You had an idea, and you debated it for 3 pages (and may do some more...)

I ♥ Sol
.... I ♥ Sol ? wtf how long has that been there? >_> *rrrrrrrrar*
  • MySpace

tippz

« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2006, 06:16:55 pm »
Another point, if eating was just something we picked up then why have species gone extinct throughout the milennia. It isn't a far stretch to say that most species go extinct because of starvation (destruction of habitat leads to stavation) so if hunger didn't always exist, then why has extinction?

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2006, 08:36:00 pm »
  • Things to see and people to do.

-.- debating in english. You see, i can't do it.
It's not like sunlight, it's the light you get, if you walk the buddhist path...-.- can't discribe.
I think everybody CAN do it, after a long training. Everyone can learn to do it, but it has a lot to do with faith...
And I really do not know who it works. I just read this articles in a book and was impressed. Unfortunally I lost the book...

I'm sorry, but I'm not a Buudhist. And I don't plan on becoming one either. You see, here's the really blunt, probably offensive truth*: I'd much rather worship a cool guy with a beard who resembles Chuck Norris than worship a fat guy I know nothing about.

*Assuming you are Buudhist. If not, well... :P.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/

Fox

« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2006, 08:44:42 pm »
Another point, if eating was just something we picked up then why have species gone extinct throughout the milennia. It isn't a far stretch to say that most species go extinct because of starvation (destruction of habitat leads to stavation) so if hunger didn't always exist, then why has extinction?
In my idea (of which I know how crazy it is) they obviously died AFTER they started eating. Just like you start to suffer after stopping taking a drug that you used to take the last three years.

I don't think that anyone actually gets my point. XD

Don't be discouraged Fox; You had an idea, and you debated it for 3 pages (and may do some more...)
I'll try... I'll really do.
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2006, 08:48:19 pm »
You know that things capable of eating lose some of their body's energy through and during digestion; looking past the fact that people and animals have these systems to eat.

Fox

« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2006, 09:12:55 pm »
Yes. I'm aware of this... :-/

Maybe we evolved that... as we were starting to eat. That is my frickin' point. >_>
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2006, 09:23:47 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
What kind of random mutation could possibly make an organism need to eat?  I suppose if you believe in the theory of Evolution: that plants and animals evolved from the same thing, then I guess that would have to be the solution.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.497 seconds with 77 queries.