Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: First try at digital drawing  (Read 1427 times)

First try at digital drawing
« on: August 19, 2006, 09:30:58 pm »
Alright, I'll start off by saying that I don't actually like naruto. Heh, just chose it as practice for my first try at coloring something digitally since the art style was kind of interesting. Anyways, I used Gimp for this. C&C if you want. I drew this on paper first, then scanned it in and did the coloring.

Pedlya

Pederp
Re: First try at digital drawing
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 09:32:41 pm »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
Its better then alot ive seen on the intarweb, good job, although naruto sucks :)
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 09:33:30 pm »
Indeed, like I said, I actually hate Naruto, but this was just for the drawing practice. :P

Pyru

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 09:33:42 pm »
Alright, I'll start off by saying that I don't actually like naruto. Heh, just chose it as practice for my first try at coloring something digitally since the art style was kind of interesting. Anyways, I used Gimp for this. C&C if you want. I drew this on paper first, then scanned it in and did the coloring.

The colouring's pretty damn amazing, and the original drawing wasn't too bad.

Nice job.

The style's really bold and interesting, but you didn't quite seem to carry some of what you used on the left side (viewer's POV) over to the right side... the shading doesn't seem consistent.
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2006, 09:36:27 pm »
Yeh, it's one of my biggest gripes. I guess I let the scratchyness go after a while, heh. That and his left hand is oversized.

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2006, 09:19:46 am »
The pose is actually a bit odd and not natural (the torso itself and the legs theirself each look good, but they don't fit together), also you need to improve drawing hands and feet - although it's one of the hardest parts on the body. The hair has too many... erm... whisps? These pointy things on his hair, you know. :P The eyes need some work too...

BUT. The colouring is simply amazing. I know the original picture, but I'd say your version is even better. And that's half the deal. :) *sheesh, it's really great...*

I look forward to see more digital stuff. :)
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 05:51:29 am »
  • META MAJINKEN!
looks awsome!
but my complaint is, that I don't like the size of the head, make it longer verticly.

The Creator Of:
  • PureZC
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 11:58:32 pm »
  • Fendez Coder
Very very very cool. The scratchiness is great, and I love the dagger.

But as said above, the shading isn't so consistent, and the torso+legs seem disjointed.

Still, very good job. The face is great too.!

Och vi som väntar på något gott vi väntar alltid för länge jag vet, jag vet
men ett liv med låga krav är som sommar utan sol och vinter utan snö
Och vem vill leva så
  • Fendez Games
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 50 queries.

anything