Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Scary Zelda  (Read 8366 times)

Scary Zelda
« on: April 14, 2006, 09:37:57 pm »
Some of the comments in the floor/wallmaster topic got me thinking. Has anything in a Zelda game ever scared you? Don't be shy, it happens to the bravest of us.

MINE:

Majora's Mask Alien Attack: Okay I got a thing for aliens as it is and having them in a Zelda game came completely out of left field.

Ocarina of Time, Town Market (adult): Redeads used to scare the hell out of me and seeing them all sitting around the happy town sent shivers down my spine. Of course I needed to kill them eventually (Shadow Temple) and have since lost my fear of them, in fact I find them quite amusing now.

Majora's Mask, Stone Tower Temple: This was and is scary to me in a different way. Basically I get mild vertigo whenever I flip the dungeon around. Just seeing the sky below me and the ground above me makes me uneasy.
The Legend of Zelda: Hall of the Dead
Complete and free Zelda fan game
http://dayjo.org/uncannyvisions/hotd.html

Pyru

Re: Scary Zelda
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 09:43:26 pm »
Wallmasters continue to scare the !@#$% out of me, simply because there's a) no reliable way to kill them until the attack you and b) they set you back quite a way should they get you.

ReDeads used to scare, again, simply because of the way they "freeze" you. Then, I realised that you could get unparalysed pretty quick, so they don't scare me any more.

Piers

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 10:25:23 pm »
I was young when I first played Oot so:

Forest temple: Nothing really SCARED me but the music bothered the !@#$% right out of me.
Theives hideout: I hated when I was looking around a corner and then a gaurd catches me from behind. I jumped from that.

Note: Zelda would bother me the most if it had vampires. Even though they don't really exist (Not saying people don't kill to drink blood) it still makes me shake.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 10:26:59 pm by Piers »
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 10:30:03 pm »
I was a young Kokiri(GB style :P) when I played OOT so I was really scared when I fighted against the big mean pig(Ganon) Mostly because his big swords. Just looking at them made me feel very scared. XD

Pyru

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2006, 10:33:41 pm »
I was a young Kokiri(GB style :P) when I played OOT so I was really scared when I fighted against the big mean pig(Ganon) Mostly because his big swords. Just looking at them made me feel very scared. XD

Ganon has to be my favourite fight of the game. I didn't feel the tiniest bit of fear or awe when seeing him... just excitement.

Lunar

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2006, 10:40:34 pm »
<__< That creature in Kakariko Well, whatever his name is.. VERY DISTUBING.

Pyru

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2006, 10:46:01 pm »
<__< That creature in Kakariko Well, whatever his name is.. VERY DISTUBING.

Dead Hand or whatever it was? The one re-fought in the Shadow Temple? Big zombie thing, plus dozens of hands poking out of the ground?

Lunar

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2006, 11:06:21 pm »
Thats the one. XD

aab

^ Evolved from a Hobbit
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2006, 11:23:03 pm »
Ugliest thing in zelda.

Re-deads as usual, when first playing.
And i can always be rushing enough to be surprised by a Skulltulla: Im very impatient with respect to time (people who say 'patience is  virtue' have in abusing their ability to be 'patient' wasted several seconds of their finite life) .
Lets see...Wallmasters in lttp when i first played it.....The ghost of misery mire (j/k).....Those bunny transformers...
OOT Great faeries continue to haunt me to this day.

I ♥ Sol
.... I ♥ Sol ? wtf how long has that been there? >_> *rrrrrrrrar*
  • MySpace
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2006, 11:36:57 pm »
Forest Temple is still scary !@#$%. Its the entire OoT atmoshere that makes it scary. Just the feeling of playing that game and being in that temple is like....eeuhmrre...you can quote me on that.

Piers

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2006, 11:39:43 pm »
Forest Temple is still scary !@#$%. Its the entire OoT atmoshere that makes it scary. Just the feeling of playing that game and being in that temple is like....eeuhmrre...you can quote me on that.
I hate it too.
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2006, 04:32:21 am »
The Redeads scare me to this day.  I absolutly hate them.  And the Forest Temple scares me because of the mix of music and enemies that pop out from no where.

I used to had being in Hyrule Field at night because of teh skeleton things.  I've gotten over that.

Also, the sharks that ocasionaly start attacking you on your way to Outset Island to get the 3rd orb.  They don't scare me, just are kinda freaky.

Other than those, I don't have many fears in Zelda games.

under the alias DarkLink6235

Pyro

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2006, 04:43:13 am »
Lunar's Mom.

xD Kidding

The thing that scared me the most was under the well o_o Although im used to it now, it still scares me xD Specially playing in the dark xD

Also, t he Earth Temple in WW sorta scared me, just because the first time u see a redead in WW, they are creepy man, just cause they're look and their scream o_o and when they pop outta coffins all "BLAH BLEH! IW VANT TO SUCK BALLS!" XD but yeah,

Oot scariest thing - Under the Well
WW scariest thing - Earth Temple
MM scariest thing - Gyrog...when you face him o_o
TP - DELAY...

But yeah =D Spam
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2006, 12:40:24 pm »
For me it was the noise the redeads make, I wasnt expecting it in the Royal family grave place hehe.

Otherwise nothing really bothered me much.

I ♥ Open Girlfriend (What!? I didn't add this.. must have been Solly!)
  • My DevArt Account
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2006, 01:12:47 pm »
The Redeads are less annoying, but scarier in OoT than in WW...I loved them in Wind Waker...

Ofcourse, since Wind Waker has the Light Arrows, you can send any enemy into oblivion.
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2006, 01:14:52 pm »
The Redeads are less annoying, but scarier in OoT than in WW...I loved them in Wind Waker...

Ofcourse, since Wind Waker has the Light Arrows, you can send any enemy into oblivion.

In WW they made me laugh with their huge mouthes :P

I ♥ Open Girlfriend (What!? I didn't add this.. must have been Solly!)
  • My DevArt Account
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2006, 02:49:52 pm »
Oh I got another one. In Majora's Mask when you have to sneak into the music house. You go into the basement and the freaky half mummified man hops out. Not scary anymore but it got me by surprise the first time.
The Legend of Zelda: Hall of the Dead
Complete and free Zelda fan game
http://dayjo.org/uncannyvisions/hotd.html
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2006, 02:52:51 pm »
The into of MM when the masks comes into the screen is still brilliant.

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2006, 03:33:45 pm »
Majora's Mask Alien Attack: Okay I got a thing for aliens as it is and having them in a Zelda game came completely out of left field.
Same here, totally. I still can't do it, I'm to upset. XD

Oh I got another one. In Majora's Mask when you have to sneak into the music house. You go into the basement and the freaky half mummified man hops out. Not scary anymore but it got me by surprise the first time.
Exactly. XD It so gave me the creeps.

Wow, I didn't think that so many people have had scary moments in OoT. I thought I was one of the few people. :) That's cool.
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2006, 04:12:44 pm »

You've got an alien thing :(...? It's probably nothing compared to my alien thing... When the lights are off in the corridor, I always run instead of walking, in fear, when there's nobody in the room but me and my reflection, I have fear...

Nevermind.

I think that there's a scary bit in OoT at night, when the wolves howl, there's a bit of wood, or trees, area, near the Kokiri Forest, but not quite, that when you hide there, the Stalfos kids are... approaching, quickly.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.372 seconds with 77 queries.