Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 166   Go Down

Author Topic: [Dead] Zelda: Oracle of Life  (Read 536103 times)

Re: [WIP] Zelda: Oracle of Life - Sunday Release
« Reply #2560 on: January 28, 2007, 09:44:33 am »
Yay. Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm too lazy to search through a 34 page topic...
Will there be other classes or sub-classes? I mean, rather than just 'Warrior' and 'Summoner' will there be things like Archer, Priest etc.?
There will be 6 classes =). I dont know if any more will be in next demo... Probably Archer.

hey aodc when you think that you fixed my bug pls tell me! ( you can send then a client for testing that, like last time )
You are always on MSN, I'll test when I can. The starting map will be changed in about 5minutes, and the method to get there to. It should work then.
the a o d c
« Reply #2561 on: January 28, 2007, 10:55:41 am »
  • puck you
Yay. Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm too lazy to search through a 34 page topic...
Will there be other classes or sub-classes? I mean, rather than just 'Warrior' and 'Summoner' will there be things like Archer, Priest etc.?

There will be classes divided into 2 categories, Might, and Magic.

Might classes will be;

• Swordsman
  • Archer
  • Assassin

Magic classes will be;

• Elementor
  • Summoner
  • Priest
:D
My good sir, in the immortal words of the late Mr. Wrong: STFU.
« Reply #2562 on: January 28, 2007, 11:40:11 am »
Dont know if anybody checks, but here are the changes so far.

Next Version Changes/Fixes:
- Fixed Logging in/Creating as ""
- Added Background to Menu
- Changed Menu Music
- Added House Music to Inn
- Added Shop Music to Pet Shop
- Fixed Keese AI/Lag
- Fixed Music Overlap Bug
- Rewrote IP Ban System
- Removed Grid Movement
- Fixed Clan Battling as ""
- Fixed Login/Create Client Freeze
- Fixed Swordsman Mass Damage Glitch
- Fixed Summoner Fake Melee Glitch
- Changed Map: Hunting
- Errors write to game_errors.log
- Added Building House
- Changed Starting Building (House)
- Added Loading Text While Logging/Creating
- Fixed Login/Create Object Destroying
- Fixed Fade in/out Room Transition

edit: Just fixed Keese's HP on spawn. It was 900 less than it should be :P.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 11:53:32 am by AoDC »
the a o d c

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #2563 on: January 28, 2007, 11:59:53 am »
  • .越//
maybe you put my "room code" bug into the faq? so that people know that they cant use it hehe

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #2564 on: January 28, 2007, 12:01:34 pm »
maybe you put my "room code" bug into the faq? so that people know that they cant use it hehe
It only happens to you, yue. Only you, and the code in no way makes it happen ;).

On a side note, added some more things.

edit: After watching for quite a while the actions of the Keese, I noticed after time they do go outside of the map, and never return (random movement = bad :P). I made it so if they do go outside, they die and respawn. Lucky I sat down and watched their movements...
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 02:09:44 pm by AoDC »
the a o d c
« Reply #2565 on: January 28, 2007, 03:39:13 pm »
It only happens to you, yue. Only you, and the code in no way makes it happen ;).

edit: After watching for quite a while the actions of the Keese, I noticed after time they do go outside of the map, and never return (random movement = bad :P). I made it so if they do go outside, they die and respawn. Lucky I sat down and watched their movements...
Hey AoDC heres what I suggest for hacker protection:

Gaining Exp
When you kill a monster the exp you gain gets sent DIRECTLY to the server.  The variable used to contain the exp is immediatly set to a random number afterwards (so it's harder to find the value).  Then the server contains the exp of that user.

Leveling
When the server decides you have enough exp to level, it would send a message to the client that says "Hey, you have enough exp!  You should level!".

Logging out
NOTHING should be sent to the server at logout except that your leaving.  Saving stats SHOULD NOT be sent at this time.

Those methods should help with encryption. *wink*
« Reply #2566 on: January 28, 2007, 03:47:13 pm »

Gaining Exp
When you kill a monster the exp you gain gets sent DIRECTLY to the server.  The variable used to contain the exp is immediatly set to a random number afterwards (so it's harder to find the value).  Then the server contains the exp of that user.

Leveling
When the server decides you have enough exp to level, it would send a message to the client that says "Hey, you have enough exp!  You should level!".

Logging out
NOTHING should be sent to the server at logout except that your leaving.  Saving stats SHOULD NOT be sent at this time.

And I Suggest you don't follow his suggestions.
« Reply #2567 on: January 28, 2007, 03:48:50 pm »

Gaining Exp

Leveling

Logging out

Why not? D:

Linker

« Reply #2568 on: January 28, 2007, 04:16:18 pm »
I'm still the forgotten Memory...  ;)

Or I could say 2 forgotten memorys...

Why was my name(s) taken off the highscores... I'm meant to be in spots... #1 and #2 not #7...!

Linker - Level 57
Linker140 - Level 50

Linker140 I made when I was bored after my account didn't come back after a server crash after awhile...

But the main point of this is why were they taken off? I did talk about a glitched one but that's in spot #7...
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 04:19:41 pm by Linker »
« Reply #2569 on: January 28, 2007, 04:35:14 pm »

Gaining Exp

Leveling

Logging out

Why not? D:

Gaining Exp

Leveling

Logging out

Why not? D:
Because there is no such thing as sending it directly to the server, as the data needs to make quite a few pit stops along the way before being sent off which by then the value is already out of your control, and already into mine.
You simply cannot trust the client.
« Reply #2570 on: January 28, 2007, 04:44:28 pm »

Gaining Exp

Leveling

Logging out

Why not? D:

Gaining Exp

Leveling

Logging out

Why not? D:
Because there is no such thing as sending it directly to the server, as the data needs to make quite a few pit stops along the way before being sent off which by then the value is already out of your control, and already into mine.
You simply cannot trust the client.
Well, when I used soc I was able to send variables directly to the server, so I don't know what you're talking about.
« Reply #2571 on: January 29, 2007, 12:46:01 am »
Penguin:

- You gain experience from attacking enemies. This is to prevent KSers. The only message sent to the server is damage. The only messages FROM server is Keese death, spawn, x, y, experience, and who killed it.
- Experience system works fine.
- All data goes directly to the server (ID 1)

Seriously Penguin, I have been working with SOC for 2 years. Vulnerabilities lie in GameMaker, NOT SOC.

Linker, thats odd. Ill look into it.

Edit: Linker, according to your account, you are level 57. I am looking at it now. Ill fix the leaderboard.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 12:56:16 am by AoDC »
the a o d c
« Reply #2572 on: January 29, 2007, 01:00:50 am »
Penguin:

- You gain experience from attacking enemies. This is to prevent KSers. The only message sent to the server is damage. The only messages FROM server is Keese death, spawn, x, y, experience, and who killed it.

Seriously Penguin, I have been working with SOC for 2 years. Vulnerabilities lie in GameMaker, NOT SOC.

Edit: Linker, according to your account, you are level 57. I am looking at it now. Ill fix the leaderboard.
But thats the problem.  You are only sending x,y,keese death and spawn!  You need the server to keep the level too not the game.  Because currently you make it so when you logout it sends the levels and stats to the server.  YOU DON'T WANT THAT.
« Reply #2573 on: January 29, 2007, 01:02:18 am »
Penguin:

But thats the problem.  You are only sending x,y,keese death and spawn!  You need the server to keep the level too not the game.  Because currently you make it so when you logout it sends the levels and stats to the server.  YOU DON'T WANT THAT.
...So people just lose their stats?

Edit: Linker140 is now #2. BlueMonkey... lol.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 01:55:53 am by AoDC »
the a o d c
« Reply #2574 on: January 29, 2007, 01:12:03 am »
Mod Edit: Either C+C or don't post at all.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 01:45:27 am by AoDC »
« Reply #2575 on: January 29, 2007, 01:45:55 am »
Opened topic for the poll. Vote! =).
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 03:55:25 am by AoDC »
the a o d c
« Reply #2576 on: January 29, 2007, 01:12:45 pm »
  • Back again.
So close. Two levels. Eh, oh well. I'll beat him when the next demo comes out ;D

My account is still high enough to keep, right?

Oh, and for the assasin, what will gameplay be like with him?
Just kinda moseying along.
« Reply #2577 on: January 29, 2007, 02:08:30 pm »
Can you describe the classes so we know what the advantages and disadvantages of each class.

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #2578 on: January 29, 2007, 02:42:35 pm »
  • .越//
is the summoner like "pet" summoning or more like ever "beep, spell and fade away buddy"?

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #2579 on: January 30, 2007, 04:51:56 am »
is the summoner like "pet" summoning or more like ever "beep, spell and fade away buddy"?
Itll be pet when all classes are in =). I told Weapon to keep it simple for the first version, so he did.

Can you describe the classes so we know what the advantages and disadvantages of each class.
All self explanatory. Elemtor is like... a Summoner, but uses the Elements (Fire, etc). A full blown class information file will come out (abilities, guides, etc).

So close. Two levels. Eh, oh well. I'll beat him when the next demo comes out ;D

My account is still high enough to keep, right?

Oh, and for the assasin, what will gameplay be like with him?
Cloaking, high speeds, back stabs, the usual =P. And of course it is. No accounts are deleted.

Edit: OK, the story cutscenes etc have been started, along with a massive HUD change (more Zelda, and alot more smoother than the current...) it feels great =D. Only new accounts will be able to play the story (they login and its set after it all).
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 08:20:50 am by AoDC »
the a o d c
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 166   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 74 queries.