Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto 4 for Wii!!!  (Read 3024 times)

Grand Theft Auto 4 for Wii!!!
« on: April 06, 2007, 11:03:04 am »
Yes, ofcourse the Wii graphics are going to be a bit lower than it's PS3 and 360 counterparts.

See a trailer here:
http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=53317

XD
Re: Grand Theft Auto 4 for Wii!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 11:22:02 am »
GTA 4 looks a lot like vice city ;p
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 11:27:13 am »
GTA 4 looks a lot like vice city ;p

Its Liberty City, and some of the comments seem somewhat... doubtful :/
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 11:36:44 am »
Hehe, nice mockup - Its just a bunch of videos recorded from previous GTA games and spliced together to look like the official trailer >.>.
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 11:38:19 am »
Yeah great isn't it :P

Nintendo is pushing (or has been) to put GTA4 on the Wii. I for one would love it. But I'd rather just have it released on PC sooner. Wii graphics will probably suck with this game.

Dascu

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 06:39:26 pm »
Yay for late April Fools.

A GTA title for Wii would be nice. Not a downgraded versoin of GTA4, but some sort of sidestory, like Liberty City Stories.
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 07:04:25 pm »
I seriously hope such a stupid game doesn't reach Wii... :S
You sure scared the hell out of me... >_>

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2007, 09:53:45 pm »
  • Silly cat!
Ricky, just because you think it's stupid doesn't mean you'll be forced to play it.

I see it as a huge importance that Nintendo have at least one GTA title on the Wii. GTA is a huge seller, and it was sort of one of the reasons for the GameCube didn't do so well... Including GTA in the Wii's line-up will really shake off Nintendo's kiddie image once and for all. And yes, that image still exists.

Hoffy.
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2007, 12:34:16 am »
Pretty funny video.   XD

Ricky, just because you think it's stupid doesn't mean you'll be forced to play it.

I see it as a huge importance that Nintendo have at least one GTA title on the Wii. GTA is a huge seller, and it was sort of one of the reasons for the GameCube didn't do so well... Including GTA in the Wii's line-up will really shake off Nintendo's kiddie image once and for all. And yes, that image still exists.

Nicely said.   ;)
"May the innovation be with you."

www.guffa.smf4free.com
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2007, 08:45:24 am »
I seriously hope such a stupid game doesn't reach Wii... :S
You sure scared the hell out of me... >_>

Hush you :(

The GTA series pwns

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2007, 08:48:52 am »
a pretty well done trailer.. but man, I forgot how !@#$% GTA looks

I don't care if GTA will "help improve nintendo's kiddie image", GTA is the most childish game there is - I don't want it
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2007, 08:52:58 am »

I don't care if GTA will "help improve nintendo's kiddie image", GTA is the most childish game there is - I don't want it

How is GTA childish? It has fun missions, fun characters, overall the game is fun

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2007, 12:05:40 pm »
GTA has always been a great series. Not so much as the freedom but all the added fun (fake commercials for example) make the game very enjoyable.

But the last GTA's look horrible by todays standards. So I am glad there is a new engine.

And Nintendo could sure use one of these titels. But I think Manhunt 2 is going to put an end to some kiddy image too :P
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2007, 12:17:51 pm »
GTA has always been a great series. Not so much as the freedom but all the added fun (fake commercials for example) make the game very enjoyable.
My philosophy teacher said (And I completely agree with her), that freedom basically means: doing whatever you want in accordance with what's correct...
And that people tend to understand freedom as free-will: which actually means that you can do everything you want without a single restraint.
This could be wrong, but even ethics being relative to each human, I fully agree with this.
And, following this logic, what people most like in GTA (the so called "freedom") is an unexisting feature in the game...

As Takam said, this game is extremely childish.

How is GTA childish? It has fun missions, fun characters, overall the game is fun
Aren't Nintendo games fun? Then why does Nintendo has a kiddy image? O_o
Fun means immaturity in nowadays' videogames. :(

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2007, 08:26:50 pm »

Agreed, though I think that the kiddie-company is getting its money, lol.
The reason that I think the Wii should have a GTA-title or at least something similar (think TrueCrime, only better) is because... well, you see. Control the car with the Wiimote as if it was a steering wheel - awesome. Shoot around with the Wiimote as if it was a gun - awesome. The Wiimote was just made for a game like that.

My philosophy teacher said (And I completely agree with her), that freedom basically means: doing whatever you want in accordance with what's correct...
And that people tend to understand freedom as free-will: which actually means that you can do everything you want without a single restraint.
This could be wrong, but even ethics being relative to each human, I fully agree with this.
And, following this logic, what people most like in GTA (the so called "freedom") is an unexisting feature in the game...
Freedom is actually when you can do whatever you want, not being held back by any limits that might be there. Actings that are still reasonable ("in accordance with ethic") are limited actings and that is not freedom. So basically, freedom doesn't exist, as we always have to consider the well-being of mankind. Which, in change, maintains our own well-being. That's the price we have to pay.

Now. When I say there is freedom in a GTA-game, it means that you can roam around, buy stuff, stalk people (lol), stand around and watch the land-scape, go insane and cause a state of emergency or drive as fast as you never did.

I did all of this and felt just fine.

Everybody who still believes that GTA is a good series because of a maturity that is superior to that of other games is a moron. GTA isn't actually mature. It's making fun of a lot of things. Of serious movies (VC being a spoof of Scarface). Of brand-names. Of stereo-types. Hell, who still believes that SA is racist?
The official art is even Serious-/Underground-/Marvel-Comic-style. It's awesome, but not really mature.

SO DONT MAKE DRAMA LOLZ
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 08:28:56 pm by Fox »
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2007, 08:30:59 pm »
The people who really believed this was real are !@#$% retarded.
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2007, 09:08:20 pm »

As Takam said, this game is extremely childish.

Aren't Nintendo games fun? Then why does Nintendo has a kiddy image? O_o
Fun means immaturity in nowadays' videogames. :(

Yes Nintendo games are fun, even though that has nothing to do with GTA
Nintendo has a kiddy image because people tend to only see the games made for kids on Nintendo Consoles,

The GTA series is awesome, like i said, good stories. The characters are fun to play as. The missions are fun. And the freedom to do basically anything you want. You aren't bound by just having to complete missions.

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2007, 09:20:22 pm »
Hey now, a lot can fall for it. Be nice.
I knew however it wasn't GTA 4, seeing thje earlier posts. >_<

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2007, 09:56:03 pm »
Hey now, a lot can fall for it. Be nice.
Yeah. Windy's comment "Liberty City looks alot like VC" good me suspicious. As soon as I saw Tommy, it was obvious. But for the first few seconds I did believe Rockstar would make a low-poly-version for the wii. :P
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2007, 03:27:00 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
mmm...not my cup of tea but any title for wii is good. Except for open season. DON'T BUY OPEN SEASON!!!! Also other games like my pretty pony's magical adventure in happy rainbow place aren't good, and I'm ashamed they are overflowing on the game boy advanced, but thats a completely different topic.

Oh, and I would be a hypocrite for buying gta when I got mad at people playing it on the xbox and ps2

Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 73 queries.

anything