Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Hmm, thoughts about E3 and Nintendo.  (Read 5195 times)

Hmm, thoughts about E3 and Nintendo.
« on: July 03, 2007, 12:58:05 am »
We all know that Nintendo is great right now, they really are.  Now with E3 being next week I figured I would look at what the Wii and DS have to offer and I was a bit shocked.  I saw about thirty games for the Wii and there might be a couple surprises from Nintendo, so lets say the Wii will have about 35 games at E3.  Then there's the DS which only had about 20 games.  That just seems pathetic to be honest.  I was looking through the line-up for the 360 and PS3 and I didn't even bother counting how many games those systems had.  What's the deal Nintendo?  There's a saying that's fairly common in the gaming industry, it's something like this, "Those that have the most games, wins."  Now I'm not just for quantity, quality is important, very important.  But most of the games for the Wii and DS are not the games that're going to sell well.  Most of the games the caught my eye were Nintendo games.  I guess my main point is that yes, Nintendo is doing well now, but they don't have the games to compete with the 360 and PS3.  It's eerily like the GameCube.
Re: Hmm, thoughts about E3 and Nintendo.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 12:59:20 am »
Who cares about nintendo D:
I want info on Fable 2.
Ok and maybe some ninty stuff.

Maybe.

.TakaM was here.
so my friend stole a giant bag of ketchup out of the ketchup pumping things and brought it to our table and we took it in the bathroom and i smashed it over the sink and kicked it around the bathroom and smeared it everywhere and we all took turns kicking the ketchup out of it and when we were done it looked like an african village was murdered in the bathroom
XFD.
  • Awesome Land
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 01:01:40 am »
Who cares about nintendo D:
I want info on Fable 2.
Ok and maybe some ninty stuff.

Maybe.
Indeed, I'm hoping for KotoR 3 to pop up.  360 RPGs FTW!
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 03:36:33 am »
I don't care as long as I can get the games I want, which are for the most part made by Nintendo.  I don't have the kind of money to waste on a 360 or a PS3.
- Click to go to thread
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 03:44:21 am »
Hell yeah, i want Fable 2 info.

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 03:44:40 am »
  • [sic]
Nintendo's like the underdog that's always ahead. They're a breath of fresh air, people who might not have as much material and immediate advantages to offer, but make up enough for it with what they do provide, by putting their all into it, that they still get more attention.

It won't matter how many games they'll have. Instead of releasing loads, they keep people on their toes. Which is good, it increases anticipation and just makes everything better. Immediate availability definitely cuts down on lastability. If you've been eagerly anticipating a game, it's just that much better when its available.
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 03:51:07 am »
  • Personal Text
I can't wait to hear what new Zelda game nintendo is going to announce there! ^-^
If they aren't going to announce anything about a new Zelda this year, then definatly next.
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 03:55:35 am »
  • =/
I can't wait to hear what new Zelda game nintendo is going to announce there! ^-^
If they aren't going to announce anything about a new Zelda this year, then definatly next.
I hope they don't... I want the next Zelda game to be just thrown out there, maybe a years notice before it is released. Hype ruined TP, I don't want it to ruin another...
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 03:57:45 am »
I think Nintendo has been doing they're part to keep things going; most, if not all, of the games they have shown and/or released for the DS and Wii have been gold.  I blame third party developers.  

They seem to think that it's acceptable to release shoddy ports with waggle controls slapped on and/or games that look like they could have been pulled off on the N64.  The Wii is twice as powerful as any of the last gen consoles, it's about time for them to use it.  Sure, it's power is dwarfed by the Microsoft and Sony, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't try.  

As things are right now the Wii is more or less a fad...if we don't see some serious contenders at E3 I think Nintendo's popularity could potentially hit rock bottom.  I don't think that's going to happen...atleast I HOPE that doesn't happen.
You rich !@#$%. I wish I could afford AIDs.
Payback's a !@#$% :P BTW Mamoruanime was here
  • [my deviantART gallery]
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2007, 03:58:40 am »
quality is more important than quantity, Fable 2 D:!! amazing!!
I think they ruined Fable 1 with the lost chapter.. D: so really I am expecting something amazing as in changing facial features.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2007, 04:05:34 am »
  • Silly cat!
E3, shmeethree. Who gives a rofl.

But seriously, the Wii won't get "eerie" at all because they've got casual gamers down. There's more casual gamers then there are hardcore and the casuals are going to be flocking to Wii (not all, though). The Wii already has a bad opinion amongst hardcore gamers, so it doesn't really matter.

Hoffy.
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2007, 05:05:05 am »
  • :D
Only Nintendo game I really care about right now is Super Smash Brothers Brawl, which won't even be playable at E3.

I'm really excited for:
Assassin's parkour
Bioshock
Mass Effect
Spore
Halo 3

And luckily Microsoft is doing the "E3: Bringing it Home" again, so we can expect tons of demos, videos, etc directly from E3.
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2007, 05:33:01 am »
E3, something I don't want to think about.

I started working for a 'Nintendo' website that went to E3 yearly.. when I was about 13 or 14. The year I turn 18, what do they do? Make it strictly press only. This is also the year that the site I work for cut ties with the company that did our higher level management too.

None the less, I don't know if we'll see much at E3 this year. I think it will be a different atmosphere (one of which I'd loved too, since I like informal business style hands on things).

I don't think we'll see a Zelda game, unless its a multi-player one. I think the focus will be integrating the DS and Wii's capabilities. Along taking the Wii online, and advances with the Wii in general. We'll also most likely see new Wii colours, along with DVD capable playing Wii's (aka the second model) I'm sure they'll be ready for launch come this holiday season.

In terms of games, I think we'll see a lot of PS3 cancellations.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2007, 05:36:13 am »
Does anyone have a list of known games for the Wii and DS being shown at E3?

Ps2, ps3 and psp too? And 360 >.>

Maybe somehow an unannounced tales game >.>

<.<

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2007, 05:41:03 am »
Hope I get to see Animal Crossing or Pikmin for Wii, either of them would greatly excite me and make it all worthwhile.
The Legend of Zelda: Hall of the Dead
Complete and free Zelda fan game
http://dayjo.org/uncannyvisions/hotd.html

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2007, 05:52:31 am »
  • Silly cat!
Hope I get to see Animal Crossing or Pikmin for Wii, either of them would greatly excite me and make it all worthwhile.
Ditto. I need my Animal Crossing on my Wii.

Oh and Pikmin too. Seeing a Star Fox wouldn't be too bad either (as long as it doesn't suck majorly).

Hoffy.
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2007, 09:35:04 am »
  • odens knop
I wanna see more 1st party games from da N, like more Metroid/Zelda/Mario/SSB/Mario Kart/F-Zero.  A 2D Metroid using both screens would be awesome for the DS.  Or a Mario Kart game using the Excite Truck controls sorta.
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2007, 10:05:30 am »
We all know that Nintendo is great right now, they really are.
They are great now? they always where great even before any of us here was born.

I hope they don't... I want the next Zelda game to be just thrown out there, maybe a years notice before it is released. Hype ruined TP, I don't want it to ruin another...
The hype didn't ruin anything but you expected a bit to much.

You forget Mario Kart for the Wii! ;)
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2007, 12:51:27 pm »
  • Hookshot to the Future!
I really , want to see a new zelda coming , because it be like 2 to 5 years before its out.
Check my ZRPG development blog at rev2k9blog.spaces.live.com
  • My Blog
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2007, 01:14:01 pm »
  • Txet Lanosrep
DS 2

Nintendo said there would be new hardware news and the DS has been around for quite a while now.  Nintendo knows it's followers will buy the DS 2, and they will make tons of money.

I'm just say'in.

Retro
  • TITANIC
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 78 queries.

anything