Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: PSP...Lite??  (Read 2378 times)

PSP...Lite??
« on: July 13, 2007, 07:13:25 pm »
As most of you know by now Sony announced an upgraded model of the PSP at E3.  Although it looks practically identical it is 33% lighter, 19% slimmer, has video output, and improved battery life.

The only thing I want to know is WHERE THE FUDGE IS THE SECOND ANALOG NUB!?   Seriously, I can't believe that they made an upgraded model and DIDN'T add a second one.  I would actually buy one if they did that.

Anyway, I want to hear what all of you think about this.  Please don't post in this topic if you truly hate Sony.
You rich !@#$%. I wish I could afford AIDs.
Payback's a !@#$% :P BTW Mamoruanime was here
  • [my deviantART gallery]
Re: PSP...Lite??
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 07:51:46 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Haha yeah I saw this, it is gonna be pretty sweet, though I gotta agree with you on the second analog stick, we need one of those!

Apparently there is gonna be louder speakers on it, and better video capabilities or something from something I read, I might buy this, I'm not sure, as homebrew will probably not be capable on it for a while, but I might buy it to play the latest games on, and use my original PSP for homebrew :P

I might buy the Daxter Entertainment Kit, or the Battlefront one...not to sure on that, but I love the Silver one!
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 08:28:40 pm »
  • odens knop
Basically all they did was smoothen the edges and move the speakers, why bother?
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 08:46:18 pm »
Basically all they did was smoothen the edges and move the speakers, why bother?

33% lighter, 19% slimmer, has video output, and improved battery life.
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 08:52:06 pm »
Looks pretty cool, debating how much they are, I may do the same thing as Zidane.

.TakaM was here.
so my friend stole a giant bag of ketchup out of the ketchup pumping things and brought it to our table and we took it in the bathroom and i smashed it over the sink and kicked it around the bathroom and smeared it everywhere and we all took turns kicking the ketchup out of it and when we were done it looked like an african village was murdered in the bathroom
XFD.
  • Awesome Land
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 09:14:06 pm »
Also they upgraded the systems internal memory and RAM, (supposedly this cuts down the loading time within games quite a bit). They also removed the IR port because it was never used for anything outside of certain homebrew applications.

The increased battery life seems to be the biggest improvement.  When the 3.50 firmware was released the CPU speed limit was removed, allowing CPU to run at 333MHz rather than 266MHz...when the CPU is running at that speed the battery life is significantly shorter.

It pretty cool that you'll be able to play games and watch UMDs on a regular television.  Apparently UMD movies look just as good as DVDs when watch on a TV...I would have thought the resolution would have been a lot less.

Those of you that were curious about the price, I think I read that it will be the same as the current model, (except when you get the Daxter or Star Wars package, obviously).

Still, I am mystified as to why they wouldn't include a second analog stick.  Come to think of it, I'm surprised that they didn't include one on the original model to begin with.
You rich !@#$%. I wish I could afford AIDs.
Payback's a !@#$% :P BTW Mamoruanime was here
  • [my deviantART gallery]
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 11:21:27 pm »
Actually, PSPs generally run at 222mhz, and it's really easy to "overclock" it.
In fact, 333mhz is normal for the PSP, but Sony sent it out underclocked so that it would use less battery life.

.TakaM was here.
so my friend stole a giant bag of ketchup out of the ketchup pumping things and brought it to our table and we took it in the bathroom and i smashed it over the sink and kicked it around the bathroom and smeared it everywhere and we all took turns kicking the ketchup out of it and when we were done it looked like an african village was murdered in the bathroom
XFD.
  • Awesome Land

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2007, 05:03:53 am »
  • Silly cat!
The PSP never interested me. There are some okay games out (Portable Ops) and a few good ones coming (Castlevania, God of War), but, the seventh generation of gaming isn't really making a deal of this handheld, in fact, Sony isn't really making a deal of it. It's just... not pulling through, not keeping up, and not interesting. That criticism was not being compared to the DS, but all the 7th Generation Consoles in general... I've basically forgotten the PSP existed.

So, as for this new PSP, I won't bother looking into it.

Hoffy.
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2007, 10:10:43 am »
  • that old name
Still, I am mystified as to why they wouldn't include a second analog stick.

..so, this is merely a re-design? In that case, the answer to why there's no second analogue stick on the device is dead-simple. Adding one would screw over all owners of the original PSP, by making new games incompatible >_<.

Also, this looks nice, to me. I may someday pick up a PSP. But a Wii is first and foremost.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 10:13:53 am by Sterlin254 »
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2007, 01:53:29 pm »
I-- wait. "Don't post if you truly hate Sony."

Um. Am I still allowed to post if I truly hate Sony but do not make a Sony-hateful remark? If so, I'd say the reason they probably didn't add a second analogue stick is because of backward compatibility. And forward compatibility.

Imagine if the DS Lite had four shoulder buttons instead of the DS' two. Now, you can play DS games on the DS Lite. The extra shoulder buttons do nothing. However, if a game is made that uses these extra shoulder buttons, what the hell do you do if you want to play this game, but only have a DS? Two vital buttons are missing.

It's kind of pointless. A little change that messes up a lot of crap. They become two separate consoles. You're encouraged to buy the new one so you can play these awesome new games, but the only difference is two new buttons, so you don't. And now, you've got a shitload of new DS games coming out, but you're not buying them because "maybe the extra shoulder buttons are used..."

WHAT DOES THAT DO FOR YOU!?
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2007, 02:01:03 pm »
  • that old name
I-- wait. "Don't post if you truly hate Sony."

Um. Am I still allowed to post if I truly hate Sony but do not make a Sony-hateful remark? If so, I'd say the reason they probably didn't add a second analogue stick is because of backward compatibility. And forward compatibility.

Imagine if the DS Lite had four shoulder buttons instead of the DS' two. Now, you can play DS games on the DS Lite. The extra shoulder buttons do nothing. However, if a game is made that uses these extra shoulder buttons, what the hell do you do if you want to play this game, but only have a DS? Two vital buttons are missing.

It's kind of pointless. A little change that messes up a lot of crap. They become two separate consoles. You're encouraged to buy the new one so you can play these awesome new games, but the only difference is two new buttons, so you don't. And now, you've got a shitload of new DS games coming out, but you're not buying them because "maybe the extra shoulder buttons are used..."

WHAT DOES THAT DO FOR YOU!?
I was about to make that comparison, except in my example, the new DS had two touch-screens >.<. Nevertheless, I gave up and stopped typing at approx. 6:10:43 AM this morning XD.

And your comment was quite un-fanboyish, imo :).
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2007, 04:51:56 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Meh...

Anyways, the price was going to be around $199.99 US or something like that, not sure about the entertainment packs though...
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2007, 05:02:08 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov

..so, this is merely a re-design? In that case, the answer to why there's no second analogue stick on the device is dead-simple. Adding one would screw over all owners of the original PSP, by making new games incompatible >_<.

Also, this looks nice, to me. I may someday pick up a PSP. But a Wii is first and foremost.
Same. I havin't bought a PSP yet, so instead i think ill buy this version of it instead of the older one. But I wanna get a wii first =P
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2007, 11:04:18 pm »

Same. I havin't bought a PSP yet, so instead i think ill buy this version of it instead of the older one. But I wanna get a wii first =P
Old > New.

.TakaM was here.
XFD.
  • Awesome Land
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2007, 11:07:04 pm »
I like my older one, but I may just get this one for kicks.
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2007, 11:57:12 pm »
Maybe if I find good games I like I'll buy it later when it's way cheaper, or in case I get a free one...
I also feel tempted to buy it, to watch inappropriate videos with better quality than on my mobile phone...
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2007, 12:00:51 am »
  • Issac_Amisov
The old one is better than the new one?
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2007, 12:40:21 am »
Homebrew ftw.
But yeah, I mean, I like the old one better because of homebrew, dunno if we'll be able to on the new one.
I suppose eventually, but, yeah.

.TakaM was here.
XFD.
  • Awesome Land
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2007, 02:38:23 am »
I don't know about you guys, but I'll most likely sell my old PSP in order to purchase this new one.

The improved battery life is a great (and necessary) addition. The speakers on the original were far too quiet, and I'm glad they've changed that. The original was far too heaver for long periods of play, so I'm glad it's lighter and slimmer. The video output is the greatest feature, as before UMD movies were almost useless. Thanks to this and the better speakers, it's easier for multiple people to watch UMD movies, whether at home or on the go.

All in all, I must say that this is an excellent move for Sony. They've really been surprising me lately.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest

Ryan

The only Canadian?
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2007, 02:54:56 am »
I heard about this a long time ago. I am excited a bit for it because it has improved a lot.
  • Likes to Ramble
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.415 seconds with 77 queries.