Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: *MAJOR FUCKIN SPOILERS* Harry Potter 7  (Read 6903 times)

CrystalAngel04

Resident ZFGC female
Re: *MAJOR FUCKIN SPOILERS* Harry Potter 7
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2007, 09:26:54 pm »
  • \\*Caution*\\ The Internets: May contain Women
The bulk of the book itself was very good.. however, I would have been much better off without reading the epilogue. Total and complete fanservice. It was like.. FFX-2 summed up in a few short pages. I don't know. It was way too warm and fuzzy and she really laid it on naming the kids Albus, James and Lily. I really almost just closed the book. ..

OMFG your my official hero for the week! I'm glad I'm not the only one to think that. The book itself was amazing but that epilogue nearly killed everything for me. The ending just didn't need a sugary coat to it (and I for one didn't really like the idea of Harry with Ginny in the first place, donno why it bugs me, it just does). I much rather wished Rowling just left it so the reader could imagine Harry's life after he kills Voldemort then do what she did say "Yea, everyone you thought that would get married did, and had a ton of kids. All is good." But I guess thats what she ment when she said that she would make it so it couldn't really be continued onwards...
  • -= Crystal Angel Creations =-
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2007, 09:29:29 pm »
  • *whistle*
I wouldn't be surprised if the epilogue was actually a fanfic that was sent to JK, that she decided to stick in there.

I mean, frikkin' calling the kids ALBUS SEVERUS, JAMES AND LILY?!?!

The ony things that would've made it more fanfic-y was if there was a Luna x Cho thing going on.
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2007, 10:18:29 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov
Yah, the epilogue kind of ruined the book for me. I advise anyone who hasin't read the book yet to just close it once you get to the epilouge...
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2007, 10:20:28 pm »
  • Hookshot to the Future!
yea , a mmo would prolly be messed up i was thinking bout it or hp 1-7 the game that doesnt suck :P

i got hp 5 for pc and controls just suck ass lol :P
Check my ZRPG development blog at rev2k9blog.spaces.live.com
  • My Blog
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2007, 10:53:50 pm »
I wouldn't be surprised if the epilogue was actually a fanfic that was sent to JK, that she decided to stick in there.

I mean, frikkin' calling the kids ALBUS SEVERUS, JAMES AND LILY?!?!

The ony things that would've made it more fanfic-y was if there was a Luna x Cho thing going on.
Agree on the names part.. why didn't Ginny choosed a name? lol Hugo Is a funny name IMO, yeah the Epilogue really ruins everything on the book.
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2007, 01:03:03 pm »
I don't mind Harry and Ginny together too much. It annoyed the !@#$% out of me in the sixth book because it seemed so sudden and childish.. but I love how J.K. Rowling hinted throughout this book about their longing for each other and the feelings that had matured over their small break. I like them together, now. I liked her birthday present to him as well. I don't mean to say it was clever or original.. but I was glad it happened for some reason.

And I ACTUALLY wanted Harry to remain dead; I was looking forward to a sad, yet dramatic ending where both Harry and Voldemort died simultaneously during an intense battle. Of course, that wouldn't quite fit the prophecy.. but I can dream. This battle scenes were excellently written; very stressful and tense just reading them. Probably one of my favorite parts of the book was when, right towards the end, Mrs. Weasely jumped in during Luna's, Hermione's and Ginny's fight with Beatrix and completely just had at her. I got goosebumps.. I love Mrs. Weasely. Hahah. Another thing I liked about this one was that every chapter had something very crucial to the storyline. It wasn't like with five and six where you had those chapters that gave very little information and were just kind of.. there.. to develop a small story no one really cared about. Very good stuff, overall, I must say. I forgot that I was reading for most of the book because I had become lost in envisioning how it would really look.
  • My Photostream

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2007, 04:11:30 pm »
  • b e p i s
I personally loved most of Deathly Hallows. The tone of the entire book was somewhat different from the past Potter novels, not darker per se, just...different. I think it was because Hogwarts played a role only in the ending, and so settings of the real world took precedence. I loved how they wandered the English countryside for months and the way she described it; Rowling's writing style has really gotten better. Godric's Hollow was the only section in the novel that almost made me tear up, not just because of the mention of Harry's parents but because it was just so beautiful as a scene.

However, the ending, while satisfying, was just...eh. It was too "Hollywood" in nature, and out of character for Rowling. I loved how Voldemort was killed by his own curse, but the battle for Hogwarts was a little cheesy in places, especially when Trelawney started chucking crystal balls (wtf?) Also the epilogue was great, sorry guys. :P
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2007, 11:48:16 pm »
I don't mind Harry and Ginny together too much. It annoyed the !@#$% out of me in the sixth book because it seemed so sudden and childish.. but I love how J.K. Rowling hinted throughout this book about their longing for each other and the feelings that had matured over their small break. I like them together, now. I liked her birthday present to him as well. I don't mean to say it was clever or original.. but I was glad it happened for some reason.

And I ACTUALLY wanted Harry to remain dead; I was looking forward to a sad, yet dramatic ending where both Harry and Voldemort died simultaneously during an intense battle. Of course, that wouldn't quite fit the prophecy.. but I can dream. This battle scenes were excellently written; very stressful and tense just reading them. Probably one of my favorite parts of the book was when, right towards the end, Mrs. Weasely jumped in during Luna's, Hermione's and Ginny's fight with Beatrix and completely just had at her. I got goosebumps.. I love Mrs. Weasely. Hahah. Another thing I liked about this one was that every chapter had something very crucial to the storyline. It wasn't like with five and six where you had those chapters that gave very little information and were just kind of.. there.. to develop a small story no one really cared about. Very good stuff, overall, I must say. I forgot that I was reading for most of the book because I had become lost in envisioning how it would really look.
Yeah, Mrs. Weasley was !@#$% awesome.
"NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU !@#$%."
xD
also, I loved the book, I'm so sad it's over :(

.TakaM was here.
so my friend stole a giant bag of ketchup out of the ketchup pumping things and brought it to our table and we took it in the bathroom and i smashed it over the sink and kicked it around the bathroom and smeared it everywhere and we all took turns kicking the ketchup out of it and when we were done it looked like an african village was murdered in the bathroom
XFD.
  • Awesome Land
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2007, 11:57:09 pm »
  • ざわ
Mh...
Definitely a great book. I actually intended spending some MORE time reading it and ended up with reading it in two days. Which is quite little when I didn't want to read fast.

Okay. Dobby's death shocked me, so did Lupin's and Tonks'. Poor Ted ;-;
I liked how Ron just left Hermione and Harry and then came back. Ok, it was obvious that he had to get back to them. It wouldn't be Ron and they wouldn't be the friends they are if he didn't.
It was nice seeing that even Dumbledore had his weak side.

Harry's "death"... oh my. My hands were SHAKING when I read those pages. I was tempted to throw the book away and just read it later on. Though I, too, wanted Harry to die.
I imagined him reunited with his parents, with Sirius and Lupin and Dobby and all the other ones... when I read that he wasn't "really" dead, I was like "Oh, no, I knew it, there had to be SOME backdoor >_>"...

Also Snape. I knew it. I KNEW IT. Okay, who didn't. Again, quite obvious, I guess.

The last chapter... uah.
Really, really cheesy. C'mon, that was extremely weird. Albus Severus, wtf.
That was a bit TOO over the top.

Well. I'm sad that the Harry Potter series is over...
but I'm extremely glad Rowling won't write another book. At least none about Harry and his story, or whatever.
Seven books they were supposed to be, and seven books they are. No more.

But it's really a worthy ending for the series. Awesome book.
sup.
  • My Website [german]
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2007, 05:09:22 pm »
  • *whistle*
Good book, though major gripes:

Does EVERYONE HAVE A !@#$% PATRONUS OR WHAT?

I mean, I was under the impression - from the third and fifth books - that a patronus was a fairly major achievement, even for an adult witch or wizard.

And then, what the !@#$% hell? I swear, every last major character who could do magic cast a patronus. EVERY SINGLE ONE. And they were like "olo look its a doe thats fuckin important". (Also, LMAO at Aberforth's goat. Seriously, Aberforth + goat = lulz).

Right, onto the second one...

DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO BE SO SODDING DRAMATIC?!?!

AHHH !@#$% I LOST AN EAR ITS THE END OF THE WORLD
AHHH !@#$% WE GOT OUT ON A !@#$% DRAGON
HEY LOOK THERES SOMETHING THAT CAN BLOW UP *it blows up*

Third gripe:

Did so many characters REALLY have to die? It just stank of "hey it's the end of the series i can finally kill off everyone".

Fourth gripe:

Harry, Hermione, Harry, Hermione, Harry, Hermione, Harry, Ron, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ron, Hermione, Harry, Harry being emo about Albus, MALFOY MALFOY, VOOOOOOLDEMORT.

There's a hugely diverse range of characters in the novels, and yet, for this one, it's mostly the main three, occassionally talking about a few of the rest that are DEAD, and then Malfoy and Voldemort jump in and go "hey we're evil hate us".

Fifth (semi) gripe:

So, Harry's Cloak is also a "Hallow". So, instead of Harry being the children of a pair of ordinary (though talented) wizards, who made him "special" by sacrificing themselves to save him, he's the latest in a long line of SUPER powerful wizards? I dunno, it felt like a Pirates of the Carribbean moment to me - an aspect of the story that's ordinary is suddenly changed to "OMFG ITS AMAZING".

Sixth:

Why didn't Harry at least SEE what would happen if all three hallows were brought together? I mean, he had two at a time, but three would've been awesome. There could've been some huge duel with Death and they could've parted as equals or something. <__<

Seventh:

Lol, Nazis.
Seriously, why does every group of bad guys ever have to be compared with Nazis? Grindlewald? Nazi. (Actually, he kinda was, has been confirmed by JK.) Voldemort? SNAKE HITLER. (Actually, he reminded me of Orochimaru more than ever... o.O) Ministry of Magic? NAZIS.

Eighth:

The way the cup was destroyed was such a cop-out. JK was clearly like "oh crap I'm running out of pages, who do i wrap this up quickly". I mean, seriously, two of the major character disappear and when they come back there's a brief explaination about "Hey it's cool we destroyed the MAJOR PLOT DEVICE just out of view, is that cool?"

*deep breath* Long post, huh.
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2007, 05:40:04 pm »
  • :D
So, Harry's Cloak is also a "Hallow". So, instead of Harry being the children of a pair of ordinary (though talented) wizards, who made him "special" by sacrificing themselves to save him, he's the latest in a long line of SUPER powerful wizards? I dunno, it felt like a Pirates of the Carribbean moment to me - an aspect of the story that's ordinary is suddenly changed to "OMFG ITS AMAZING".
Agree :/

I liked the book, it was pretty good, but I HATE HATE HATE HATED the epilogue.  I wish I just never read it.
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2007, 06:50:46 am »
Good book, though major gripes:

Does EVERYONE HAVE A !@#$% PATRONUS OR WHAT?

I mean, I was under the impression - from the third and fifth books - that a patronus was a fairly major achievement, even for an adult witch or wizard.

And then, what the !@#$% hell? I swear, every last major character who could do magic cast a patronus. EVERY SINGLE ONE. And they were like "olo look its a doe thats fuckin important". (Also, LMAO at Aberforth's goat. Seriously, Aberforth + goat = lulz).

Right, onto the second one...

DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO BE SO SODDING DRAMATIC?!?!

AHHH !@#$% I LOST AN EAR ITS THE END OF THE WORLD
AHHH !@#$% WE GOT OUT ON A !@#$% DRAGON
HEY LOOK THERES SOMETHING THAT CAN BLOW UP *it blows up*

Third gripe:

Did so many characters REALLY have to die? It just stank of "hey it's the end of the series i can finally kill off everyone".

Fourth gripe:

Harry, Hermione, Harry, Hermione, Harry, Hermione, Harry, Ron, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ron, Hermione, Harry, Harry being emo about Albus, MALFOY MALFOY, VOOOOOOLDEMORT.

There's a hugely diverse range of characters in the novels, and yet, for this one, it's mostly the main three, occassionally talking about a few of the rest that are DEAD, and then Malfoy and Voldemort jump in and go "hey we're evil hate us".

Fifth (semi) gripe:

Sixth:

Why didn't Harry at least SEE what would happen if all three hallows were brought together? I mean, he had two at a time, but three would've been awesome. There could've been some huge duel with Death and they could've parted as equals or something. <__<

Seventh:

Lol, Nazis.
Seriously, why does every group of bad guys ever have to be compared with Nazis? Grindlewald? Nazi. (Actually, he kinda was, has been confirmed by JK.) Voldemort? SNAKE HITLER. (Actually, he reminded me of Orochimaru more than ever... o.O) Ministry of Magic? NAZIS.

Eighth:

The way the cup was destroyed was such a cop-out. JK was clearly like "oh crap I'm running out of pages, who do i wrap this up quickly". I mean, seriously, two of the major character disappear and when they come back there's a brief explaination about "Hey it's cool we destroyed the MAJOR PLOT DEVICE just out of view, is that cool?"

*deep breath* Long post, huh.
lolharrypotter

Overall, I enjoyed the book. Some things could have been better, but nothings perfect.
  • Google Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2007, 08:33:55 am »
  • Credits to BaB
Well, I have a question, although it might be me not understanding something correctly :

What is that little monster/guy inside Harry's head when's he unconscious and finds himself inside a white version of King's Cross station with Dumbledore?
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2007, 09:33:05 am »
  • *whistle*
What is that little monster/guy inside Harry's head when's he unconscious and finds himself inside a white version of King's Cross station with Dumbledore?

I'm guessing it's the element of Voldemort that died when he used the curse on Harry.
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2007, 10:48:58 am »
  • Credits to BaB
Well then, why is it there if it's supposed to be dead? It's very odd me thinks, and Dumbledore saying "It can't be help.", WTF did he mean by that?
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2007, 12:16:00 pm »
I enjoyed the book...
It's a pity that there wasn't anything about a Hogwarts Quiditch (spelling? :x) in this book... ;_;
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2007, 07:02:21 pm »
  • IBV
Read it (finished today).

I was kinda afraid in the first 300 pages there actually was MORE questions raised. I almost thought there would soon hardly be any pages left to explain and answer all questions from the six earlier books. But I guess I was wrong; the last hundred pages or so was pure explanation. I really like the Lily/Snape thing. And from there I couldn't help crying in some of those later parts of the book *cough* I feel stupid >_>;;

But I mean. This really feel awkward and/or weird. I can't believe it's finally over. It's been 6 years. SIX. And I even started read the series really late, some month before the fourth book came out (in Sweden) back in 2001. I'd guess there's a lot of people who have waited a lot longer. These books still mean a lot to me and has been a big part of my life. I feel stupid for saying so, I mean, it's just a book! But it just really gives me all these feeling and bring back memories. I can't help it.

I must say I didn't really like the epilogue either. It was not horrible, but it was not *good*. At the same time, I can't believe I would be satisfied if it ended without something like an epilogue. I would feel so empty then, much more than I do now. -_-
Oh another thing I don't really like about the books, which is only minor though. But why do they have to talk about GOD!? They are wizards and witches for chri---- I mean, for some sake. I guess it's only because of "normal" every-day expressions which while religious in background lacks it today (kinda like Christmas), but I think Rowling could do more to separate this magic world from the "regular" muggle world, our world, where Christianity is a part of.

If there is a new book, I would personally think twice before continue reading. It would need to be a good reason to do so. I believe a new book could be just good, or better. But a lot tells me it can't be as good. The originals have just been a too important part of my life and nothing can beat that, at least from Rowling.

P.S: Claiming that Rowling just wants money and is a sell out is weak. I'd guess she hardly get the majority of the money from sales, considering the average is 4 % for authors (she might get a bit more since she is more famous and has a little bit more control). I'd however never recommend anyone to actually buy the book. Not because I think Rowling doesn't deserve the money, because I do believe she deserves them. But I think that buying the book would give the money to the wrong person(s), and a very little part would go to the author. Borrow it from your local library or download it from the net (if you're too lazy to go to the library like me). Then if you believe she deserves a few dollars/pounds send them to her directly; it's probably more than she would ever get from you if you bought the book in store.

P.P.S: Pyru, that long post you made is hilarious xD
My signature is empty.
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2007, 07:29:58 pm »
Well, I have a question, although it might be me not understanding something correctly :

Voldemort Soul
Well then, why is it there if it's supposed to be dead? It's very odd me thinks, and Dumbledore saying "It can't be help.", WTF did he mean by that?
Well, IMO what Dumbledore mean is that since Voldemort made 7 Horcruxes his soul was destroyed so no one can help him(atleast thats what I understood).
Well, can someone explain me what happens when they are leaving the dursley house? you know about the spell Harry's wand  do that harry didn't knew what happened? 
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2007, 09:01:37 pm »
  • Credits to BaB
Kren, I think that what happened then, is that he was protected by his mum's love, OR it's the explanation Dumbledore provides when he says Harry's wand is uberly-powerful but only against Voldemort, and that's why Hermione managed to break it.
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2007, 09:09:48 pm »
  • *whistle*
Well, can someone explain me what happens when they are leaving the dursley house? you know about the spell Harry's wand  do that harry didn't knew what happened? 

Harry's wand was linked to Voldemort (through Voldemort's own wand and the Prior Incantem effect) even without Voldemort being there. Therefore, when it sensed Voldemort nearby trying to kill its master (Harry) it used a spell that Voldemort knew against him (possibly using Harry's own magical energy).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.318 seconds with 78 queries.

anything