Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: What the !@#$% is wrong with kids these days?  (Read 5076 times)

Re: What the !@#$% is wrong with kids these days...
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2007, 10:25:41 pm »
>_<  My brain hurts now.  I don't like rap at all, I don't see it as a type of music.  But that...was awful.
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2007, 10:44:06 pm »
I don't like the normal version of this song, but there is one from Lil Weesie that makes fun of Soulja Boi and his music.  It's pretty funny.  Then, there is a Travis Barker version that removes the rap beats and replaces them with hard rock...Pretty sweet!
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2007, 10:57:14 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Then, there is a Travis Barker version that removes the rap beats and replaces them with hard rock...Pretty sweet!

Yeah I've seen that, and I have to admit its pretty sexy.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2007, 11:52:56 pm »
Then, there is a Travis Barker version that removes the rap beats and replaces them with hard rock...Pretty sweet!

Yeah I've seen that, and I have to admit its pretty sexy.
lol, I just got them to play it on the NCFC radio...lol
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Busternaut

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2007, 12:01:10 am »
Kanye is the best current rapper, Gnarls and K-os are ok. But i don't/can't listen to rap/hip-hop cause it is pretty bad usually.  XD
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2007, 12:14:35 am »
Kanye is the best current rapper, Gnarls and K-os are ok. But i don't/can't listen to rap/hip-hop cause it is pretty bad usually.  XD
Check out DJ Khaled
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2007, 12:24:51 am »
What is he,a Doctor Who fan?

If you're wondering about the I'm Sorry, that's aimed at TFW2005, for all the good it does.

Collided Worlds on indefinite hiatus due to being in need of heavy rewrites. I am instead working on some smaller crossovers, such as a My Little Pony and Power Rangers crossover.

Brony
  • Linkosaurus Forums
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2007, 12:32:38 am »
who?
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2007, 12:35:48 am »
  • :3
What is he,a Doctor Who fan?

You misread it, private! Khaled, not Dalek!

TFS: Doctor Who is like one of the most famous TV shows ever over here.
Gannon-banned brother.

uma

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2007, 12:36:08 am »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.
Check out DJ Khaled

NoOOOOO! DJ Khaled is annoying. Him and his "WEE DA' BEST" stuff is really annoying(But funny at the same time, but more annoying than funny...).

But yes, Soulja Boy is annoying. The problem is, I think people actually take it seriously, like any one who says its bad. Its OBVIOUSLY not supposed to be serious, didn't you see superman in there? Or the old people crankin that? Its like Lil Jon. How can anyone take all his cursing seriously? I think gangsta rap is hilarious, it just takes a sophisticated sense of humor to understand it.

Plus its good to work out to. I LOVE to listen to real hip-hop when I'm on the computer or just listening to my Mp3 player, but I keep some gansta rap on there for my work outs. And tons of funk/soul(Prince, Amy Winehouse, couple others too...).

Off topic: Did anyone see the other crank that songs? Crank that Lion King, Grampa, or X-men? There way better than that soulja boy !@#$%.
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/

Busternaut

« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2007, 12:38:00 am »
i don't like rap...no i mean to say i hate it.

BuffaloBurgers

U B DA WAT!?
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2007, 12:44:35 am »
Nobody in this topic has any taste in music whatsoever. To top it off, I'm seeing a lot of "geek anti-conformist just cuz".

Honestly, what's wrong with that song? It has a catchy beat. It doesn't have any musical depth, but neither does Dragonforce, and everyone loves them. It does what it does and it does it well. Just because you think you're too good for music that isn't Beethoven's !@#$% Third doesn't mean that you can't let other people enjoy it.

On another note, very little rap has any musical depth to begin with, and it's been declining as the genre's been evolving. People don't listen to rap for emotion or melodies, they listen to it for beat. As such, rap is getting simpler and focusing more on the beat.

EEE HUNG HUNG HA HA

COLORADO 27 - OKLAHOMA 24
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2007, 12:46:24 am »
  • :D
On another note, very little rap has any musical depth to begin with, and it's been declining as the genre's been evolving. People don't listen to rap for emotion or melodies, they listen to it for beat. As such, rap is getting simpler and focusing more on the beat.
I completely disagree.  You can't make such generalizations;  there is so much rap in the world, and SO much that you've never heard.  Maybe the quality of popular rap has declined, but that doesn't mean ALL rap is "getting simpler".

Busternaut

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2007, 12:51:46 am »
Nobody in this topic has any taste in music whatsoever.
I don't wanna be "mod something or other" but seriously don't post things as fact

IMO, nobody in this topic has any taste in music whatsoever.

There fixed your post.

uma

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2007, 12:56:56 am »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.

Thats like saying poeple don't listen to any other genre of music for emotion or melodies. As such, [insert genre] is getting simpler and focusing more on the best.

Rock, for example, was at its peak(Imo of course) in the 80s. Some freakin amazing rock came from then. But, now or days, I can barely listen to any "rock" thats been shitted out by some emo/pop band. Then they turn around and call that !@#$% "rock". That ain't rock! Thats... Jello.
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2007, 01:08:01 am »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
Yeah, that song it everywhere now... ugh. I want it to go away. Looks like the age of the flash-in-the pan "artist" has returned.
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2007, 01:10:47 am »
  • :3

Thats like saying poeple don't listen to any other genre of music for emotion or melodies. As such, [insert genre] is getting simpler and focusing more on the best.

Rock, for example, was at its peak(Imo of course) in the 80s. Some freakin amazing rock came from then. But, now or days, I can barely listen to any "rock" thats been shitted out by some emo/pop band. Then they turn around and call that !@#$% "rock". That ain't rock! Thats... Jello.

No way. QFT! There's tons of great rock bands these days! You saying Red Hot Chili Peppers aren't good? What about Velvet Revolver?

Btw, does "Now or days" really make sense? Nowadays, I tell you!
Gannon-banned brother.

BuffaloBurgers

U B DA WAT!?
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2007, 01:20:03 am »
there is so much rap in the world, and SO much that you've never heard.

The beauty of genres is that all music under that label has certain attributes, making generalizations easy, and in most cases, valid.

There fixed your post.

I pity anyone who doesn't have the IQ to discern between an opinion and a fact without having IMO placed in front of it.

Rock, for example, was at its peak(Imo of course) in the 80s.

Rock is a very broad genre. You have metal which peaked in the 80's, you have alternative which peaked in the 90's, you have nu-rock which is still going strong today. There's classic rock from the 60's and 70's. Before that there weren't even really electric guitars, which donned rock.

But, now or days, I can barely listen to any "rock" thats been shitted out by some emo/pop band.

Most of that "emo !@#$%" is Alternative. My Chemical Romance, believe it or not, is an alternative rock band.

EEE HUNG HUNG HA HA

COLORADO 27 - OKLAHOMA 24

Busternaut

« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2007, 01:30:17 am »
hey it's the internet get used to the fact that not everyone's gonna recognize between you claiming facts or you just stating opinion.
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2007, 01:41:48 am »
Music has gone down the toilet since the 80s. :P

No way. QFT! There's tons of great rock bands these days! You saying Red Hot Chili Peppers aren't good? What about Velvet Revolver?

Btw, does "Now or days" really make sense? Nowadays, I tell you!

They kick ass, but they're bands that have been around forever. The only good bands nowadays are ones from before or a handful of decent ones.

there is so much rap in the world, and SO much that you've never heard.

The beauty of genres is that all music under that label has certain attributes, making generalizations easy, and in most cases, valid.

There fixed your post.

I pity anyone who doesn't have the IQ to discern between an opinion and a fact without having IMO placed in front of it.

Rock, for example, was at its peak(Imo of course) in the 80s.

Rock is a very broad genre. You have metal which peaked in the 80's, you have alternative which peaked in the 90's, you have nu-rock which is still going strong today. There's classic rock from the 60's and 70's. Before that there weren't even really electric guitars, which donned rock.

But, now or days, I can barely listen to any "rock" thats been shitted out by some emo/pop band.

Most of that "emo !@#$%" is Alternative. My Chemical Romance, believe it or not, is an alternative rock band.

Nu-rock/metal doesn't peak, it valleys. Whatever the "emo !@#$%" is, it still sucks.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 74 queries.

anything