Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: New Administrator  (Read 9847 times)

New Administrator
« on: June 23, 2008, 01:12:13 pm »
Although she can probably post this topic herself now, I may as well make the announcment that CrystalAngel04 has become a new administrator! Let a new reign of terror begin.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 04:01:26 am by 4Sword »

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
Re: New Administrator
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 01:29:26 pm »
  • Things to see and people to do.
OH SHI-

Just kidding. Congrats on the promotion, Crystal.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/

CrystalAngel04

Resident ZFGC female
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 01:34:26 pm »
  • \\*Caution*\\ The Internets: May contain Women
May the wrath of my estrogen commence!!! >.>  ;)
  • -= Crystal Angel Creations =-
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 02:40:08 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
Gongrats. Though it means more work and responsibilites for you here :P

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 02:41:57 pm »
  • If not now, when?
Well deserved. Congratulations.
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 02:44:48 pm »
Really?  Well congratulations.  
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 02:47:03 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Congrats, Boss Ma'am. O;
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 04:29:43 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
NO U

Holy crap, Congrats! I knew one day she would be :P
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 04:32:25 pm »
  • b e p i s
Yay! Good choice.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 06:05:17 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
Congratulations! Now all of ZFGC shall fear "that time of month". >.> (j/k)
  • Lionfish Apps

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2008, 06:20:15 pm »
  • The Mike
God! Too many admins! Why can't you just have one admin and not half a dozen? Seriously, not trying to be a total douche but there should be a site administrator and a forum administrator, that seems good enough. Congrats Crystal!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 06:21:53 pm by Yubel »

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2008, 06:28:01 pm »
God! Too many admins! Why can't you just have one admin and not half a dozen?
Actually we only have 4, Me, Andrew, Mammy and now Crystal. Windy is an admin for the purposes of site development.

Seriously, not trying to be a total douche but there should be a site administrator and a forum administrator, that seems good enough.
Considering you don't actually know what goes on in the staff boards, thats not really for you to say.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2008, 06:59:30 pm »
  • The Mike
Actually we only have 4, Me, Andrew, Mammy and now Crystal. Windy is an admin for the purposes of site development.
You know what I mean. I was only saying though.

Considering you don't actually know what goes on in the staff boards, thats not really for you to say.
Well I do know what goes on in staff boards. Discussion obviously. I've been an administrator before (not this site of course) and I know what goes on.

Also, I starting to think that nothing is going on site wise. You guys were talking about getting a website going but it seems that it's been a long time now and no site. Yeah, a portal is nice but there is nothing new on it and there isn't anything worth looking up. With a Wiki, it's better to use it to hold stuff rather than having an actual web page but with it under lock-down, what is there to add or look up after all the pages were messed up besides my ZFGC Friend Codes page that Mammy must have brought back (thanks btw if you did Mammy). So what's going on there? No site, non-update-able Wiki? All we got is the forum and it's mostly random topics and some ZFGCCP discussion and some fan game/resource stuff. That's about it.

Alright, 5 admins. I do recall a couple things that were supposed to happen. A while back, you did give up your role as an admin Infini and you didn't want to come back, then you did come back and now you are an admin again. What happened to that? I thought you didn't want to do anything for ZFGC anymore or something along the lines of that. I think I do remember hearing Andrew say he was going to quit the staff or something and he's still an admin. Seeing how Crystal is the new admin who's in control of the site, why should Mammy still be an admin? Also, what happened to Kirby? Isn't he still an admin as well? Really, the only people who should be the main admins are Crystal and Windy. Infini, Andrew, Mammy, and I guess Kirby should either be just plain staff, not administrators, or not even be staff at all.

If you have a website, you got to improve it. Sure a forum is nice but you need to expand and have more content onto it. Adding applications to the forum are nice but they aren't anything special. If you need help starting up a site, why not ask members with HTML/PHP experience or some good web designers? I'm sure people would be glad to help but you guys only seem to care about the forum. I'd love to help out with a site, that's something I love doing. I'd be a good candidate for that. I'm sure other members would want to help also but you aren't spewing anything up.

All I'm saying is that there need to be some improvements to the whole point of the site. Right now, it seems like my personal toilet which I keep talking to. There isn't anything irrelevant and it's only talk now, barely fan games. If you want to actually keep working on this site, then actually do something rather than improving security (well you need to do that) because you can do other things as well.

EDIT: The moderation team seems fine to me by the way.
EDIT 2: I did some searching and there are 6 Administrators. Forget about Kirby, sorry.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 07:10:50 pm by Yubel »

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2008, 07:08:01 pm »
Well I do know what goes on in staff boards. Discussion obviously. I've been an administrator before (not this site of course) and I know what goes on.
Sites are different, the discussion and work that goes on is different.

Also, I starting to think that nothing is going on site wise. You guys were talking about getting a website going but it seems that it's been a long time now and no site. Yeah, a portal is nice but there is nothing new on it and there isn't anything worth looking up. With a Wiki, it's better to use it to hold stuff rather than having an actual web page but with it under lock-down, what is there to add or look up after all the pages were messed up besides my ZFGC Friend Codes page that Mammy must have brought back (thanks btw if you did Mammy). So what's going on there? No site, non-update-able Wiki? All we got is the forum and it's mostly random topics and some ZFGCCP discussion and some fan game/resource stuff. That's about it.
Andrew wants us to wait before the next beta of SMF 2.0 is released before we do anything major site-wise, as doing it now would mean we have to rewrite most of it when the next beta is released.

while back, you did give up your role as an admin Infini and you didn't want to come back, then you did come back and now you are an admin again. What happened to that? I thought you didn't want to do anything for ZFGC anymore or something along the lines of that.
Thats not your concern.

I think I do remember hearing Andrew say he was going to quit the staff or something and he's still an admin.
Its not really possible for Andrew to quit, he is the one with access to the domain and a few other things, and he dosen't want to give up control of it (its kinder complex, don't ask).

Seeing how Crystal is the new admin who's in control of the site, why should Mammy still be an admin?
Why not? Mammy's an awesome admin.

Also, what happened to Kirby? Isn't he still an admin as well?
No?

Really, the only people who should be the main admins are Crystal and Windy. Infini, Andrew, Mammy, and I guess Kirby should either be just plain staff, not administrators, or not even be staff at all.
Thats not really your choice. But I still have to ask: You want one new admin and one inactive site developer (no offence to either) to maintain the forums? Good choice.

If you have a website, you got to improve it. Sure a forum is nice but you need to expand and have more content onto it. Adding applications to the forum are nice but they aren't anything special. If you need help starting up a site, why not ask members with HTML/PHP experience or some good web designers? I'm sure people would be glad to help but you guys only seem to care about the forum. I'd love to help out with a site, that's something I love doing. I'd be a good candidate for that. I'm sure other members would want to help also but you aren't spewing anything up.
Refer to answer above.

All I'm saying is that there need to be some improvements to the whole point of the site. Right now, it seems like my personal toilet which I keep talking to.
Then leave? Or do something to help make it better. Bitching does nothing.

There isn't anything irrelevant and it's only talk now, barely fan games.
Agreed. We are working on things to fix this.

If you want to actually keep working on this site, then actually do something rather than improving security (well you need to do that) because you can do other things as well.
We are.

One way or another HBM, its not your choice. This is also the wrong topic to be discussing it in, if you wish to continue this conversation please do it in another topic.

EDIT:

EDIT 2: I did some searching and there are 6 Administrators. Forget about Kirby, sorry.
If your just searching for membergroup thats a bad idea, we use the admin group for other things besides the main administration team.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 07:14:02 pm by Infini »

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2008, 07:14:08 pm »
  • The Mike
Hey, I don't want to leave. It's just an opinion. There are huge flaws with this site and I see them everyday. I'm sorry for discussing it here but you seem to already get too many PMs as it is. I'm just a simple member.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2008, 07:21:14 pm »
Hey, I don't want to leave. It's just an opinion. There are huge flaws with this site and I see them everyday. I'm sorry for discussing it here but you seem to already get too many PMs as it is.
Thats fine your entitled to your own opinion.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2008, 07:23:46 pm »
  • The Mike
Hey, I don't want to leave. It's just an opinion. There are huge flaws with this site and I see them everyday. I'm sorry for discussing it here but you seem to already get too many PMs as it is.
Thats fine your entitled to your own opinion.

Yeah. I sent you a PM btw, lol.

Anyway, congrats again. XD

• Zelda Eternity

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2008, 07:40:13 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Congratulations. Now ZFGC can never be accused of being gender-biased when it comes to admins!

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2008, 08:48:02 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Congratulations. Now ZFGC can never be accused of being gender-biased when it comes to admins!

But CA only gets paid 43% of what the other admins are paid. D:<
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2008, 09:03:50 pm »
Hey CA, congrats on becoming an admin.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 73 queries.