Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Red Bull Cola  (Read 3830 times)

Red Bull Cola
« on: July 28, 2008, 10:11:41 pm »
  • *whistle*
Red Bull have launched a cola brand. And it sounds fuckin' awesome.

It's supposed to be a strong, all natural, real cola. You know how the original recipe of Coca Cola included coca (y'know, as in, cocaine?) and real sugar (not just fructose syrup)? Well, those were stripped out in the 80's, with "New Coke" and never replaced.

Red Bull Cola uses all of those, and more. Quick run-down of the ingredients (they actually LIST all their ingredients! It's incredible!):

Coca leaf
Kola nut

Lemon/Lime
Clove
Cinnamon
Cardamom

Pine
Corn mint
Galangal
Vanilla
Ginger
Mace
Cocoa

Liquorice
Orange
Mustard seeds
Coffee

Yeah, that's right. I put in bold the more awesome ingredients though some just leave me going "wtf?"

Reaction's been mixed to the drink so far, and analysts aren't confident it'll survive in the competitive cola market, which is a shame, considering how rubbish the competition is (Pepsi tastes like ass and the company refuses to innovate with anything that tastes nice, Coca Cola is a bit meh and none of their more innovative drinks - Coca Cola Black, anyone? stay on the shelves for very long). Probably got a lot to do with the price point - 75p for a litre of Coke, 99p for 355ml of Red Bull Cola. Not a good comparison, but if it tastes better, I'm willing to make the jump.

Still, I picked up a can today, and I'll drink it tomorrow. If I like it then dear god yes am I going to buy more.
Re: Red Bull Cola
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 10:14:30 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Hmm I haven't heard of it here, I wonder if they have it in Canada.

If I see it in a store I'll pick it up and try it, sounds pretty awesome.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 11:39:48 pm »
Dam, to late to go to the store, goner have to see if they stock it anywhere near me.
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 11:47:00 pm »
I might try this.  Red Bull also does this thing an universities where they give out free samples, hopefully I will get one then as well.
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 11:54:40 pm »
  • *whistle*
According to the Wiki page - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Bull_Cola the drink may actually be technically known as "Simply Cola".

Taking a look at the can, though, and it seems different:

Also, for Yanks looking to get ahold of it:

"As of April 2008 Red Bull Cola is available in Austria, Switzerland, Germany, Italy, United Kingdom, Ireland, Thailand, Hungary and Russia. United States distribution has begun in Las Vegas, Nevada as of June 2008, with a nationwide distribution plan on the horizon."

So if you live in Vegas, you should be able to buy it. If you live elsewhere, then maybe but you should be able to buy it soon.

Also, it does come in a 4-pack of 355ml cans (not sure of price, but should be less than £4) and you can buy it in bars in 250ml cans.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 12:02:56 am »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
I'd think people in the west would be able to procure it easier than east-coast residents.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 12:03:30 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
I can't wait til it gets over this way (east coast USA). Sounds pretty good.
  • Lionfish Apps

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 02:36:21 am »
  • b e p i s
Pfft, I don't need no stinking Red Bull cola...we've got Jones Soda around here, and it's awesome :P Their cream soda is the best soda I've ever had, period. Everything they make is all cane sugar too.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 03:46:56 am »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
Red Bull would be really cool if it didn;t cost twice what other energy drinks do.
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 06:12:20 am »
  • (b'-')b Jesus Guitar d('-'d)
Pfft, I don't need no stinking Red Bull cola...we've got Jones Soda around here, and it's awesome :P Their cream soda is the best soda I've ever had, period. Everything they make is all cane sugar too.
Holy crap I love you. The only thing I've ever tasted that competes with it is the Berry Lemonade and any and all Orange Cream Soda.
T H I R T Y - T H R E E   T H R E E

Blog | Myspace | Facebook | Clan LmS
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 12:24:02 pm »
  • *whistle*
I'd think people in the west would be able to procure it easier than east-coast residents.

Yeah. I wonder if maybe some states bordering Nevada might have it available?

Bah, stupid Americans and your obsession with sodas... cola is a very particular drink and you should have more respect for it. Also, as awesome as cream soda is, it's very difficult to get ahold of here. This has vanilla in, so it's vaguely similar.

Red Bull would be really cool if it didn;t cost twice what other energy drinks do.

Red Bull is entirely different from energy drinks like Lucozade; as for similar drinks, like Relentless and Kick, those taste like ass. Red Bull mops the floor with them.

Holy crap I love you. The only thing I've ever tasted that competes with it is the Berry Lemonade and any and all Orange Cream Soda.

Those sound rubbish. <__<

Anyway, finally got around to drinking my can of it today, took some photos so you guys can see some of the very nice touches around this drink:

Nicely styled can, also slightly larger than most soft drinks cans... I think it's around a half pint? Not entirely sure about that.

Very blurry picture, sorry, but I thought the Bull-styled tab was very cool. Moving on...

Slightly odd colour, kind of orangey; more cloudy but less dark. Smells like any other cola, but foamed a lot more (not very fizzy though. Weird).

Better shot of the weird colour, which even extends to the foam - correct me if I'm wrong, but don't colas normally have a white-ish foam?

Me drinking it.

So, basically, the taste: Very strong cola flavour, unlike other modern colas. Also very spicy - the cinnamon is especially strong, but you can taste the vanilla and other flavours in it. Strong citrus aftertaste that's not in the least unpleasant. Coffee tones also come across strongly but not in a way to spoil the drink for those who don't like coffee (e.g. me). It's still quite sweet, but not as overly sweet as Coca Cola and definitely doesn't have as cloyingly sweet an aftertaste. Light, small bubbles make it a better texture than other colas (hell, other carbonated drinks full stop).
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2008, 12:30:59 pm »

Me drinking it.

Mmmm "Now that's a light tasting beer! Cola!"

Sorry that came to mind for some reason when I saw that picture :S

Better shot of the weird colour, which even extends to the foam - correct me if I'm wrong, but don't colas normally have a white-ish foam?

I think colas have a brown foam. It kinda looks a bit like pimms? (but without all the fruit in it)
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2008, 02:24:05 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
Red Bull is entirely different from energy drinks like Lucozade; as for similar drinks, like Relentless and Kick, those taste like ass. Red Bull mops the floor with them.

I love relentless. Its so bad.
but seriously, i do love it. And dont like Red Bull. Although this cola sounds awesome, ill have to try it out.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2008, 02:37:03 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Pfft, I don't need no stinking Red Bull cola...we've got Relentless around here, and it's awesome :P Relentless is the Caffeine-Filled Beverage I've ever had, period. Everything about it is pure tasty orgasmicness.

I agree with this statement completely.
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2008, 03:02:02 pm »
  • I put this here for the sake of that one thread
Where I live  Powerking White Cola reigns supreme, no one I know drinks Red Bull.

I </3 Sol
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2008, 03:03:06 pm »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
Monster and Rockstar are Boss in Long Beach, and Bull is King in Madrid. I still mostly drink BAWLS though. What ever happened to Surge though? Shame.
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2008, 05:34:23 am »
  • Surpass the impossible & kick reason to the curb!
Monster and Rockstar are Boss in Long Beach, and Bull is King in Madrid. I still mostly drink BAWLS though. What ever happened to Surge though? Shame.

BAWLS is the stuff.  I only ever saw Surge at Chuck E Cheese.
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.

God's in his heaven, all's right with the world.
  • Exploding Foot Studios
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2008, 07:33:16 am »
  • Resident Bum
i'll stick with bawls.... XD

boredom at a lan party...
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2008, 07:43:19 am »
  • (b'-')b Jesus Guitar d('-'d)
i'll stick with bawls.... XD

boredom at a lan party...
You, sir, have made my night. It's not uber hilarious, but it's just humorous enough to put me in a good mood.
T H I R T Y - T H R E E   T H R E E

Blog | Myspace | Facebook | Clan LmS
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2008, 12:22:21 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Nobody else here likes Relentless? Come on! The new flavour is a bit on the sickening side, but the original is great, tastes better than Red Bull, and you get 500ml for the price of a can of 250ml Red Bull. What more could you want?

Okay, you also have that Red Rooster stuff which you can buy in one litre bottles for the price of a 250ml can of Red Bull, which tastes about the same as Red Bull...I'm just spoiled for choice when it comes to caffeinated beverages really...:D May I never sleep again.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 01:56:34 am by TheDarkJay »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 72 queries.