Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Why do/don't you value the life of human beings more than others?  (Read 3942 times)

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
Why do/don't you value the life of human beings...
« on: August 20, 2006, 05:42:05 pm »
I found it interesting to know who here values the life of human beings more than others on this planet (Or gallaxy if there was any life). And the reason of course.

Myself, I don't value it much more. I'm not one of these saying "We must protect the human race at any cost", because I'm egoistic. I'm only worried about my family and friends.

And that's serious. It's egoistic, pretty much actually. And I know that. But I gave up worrying about other people whom I don't even know and who don't know that I'm worrying about them, and even if, it wouldn't help. So I'm egoistic.

Now what about you?
  • Me on deviantART
Re: Why do/don't you value the life of human be...
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 05:49:37 pm »
  • =/
Its like this in all races. We defend our own kind more then we defend other creatures because we can relate. The most we can relate to animals is A: We live on the same planet. This goes the same for other animals, why do you think a rabbit won't let you touch her babys?

The more we relate, the more we try to help that creature. I'd probaly defend my girlfriend more then my enemy, right?

This was a bit off topic but explains the point that we protect our races lives more then any others because we relate to eachother.

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 05:51:37 pm »
So what exactly is your opinion?
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 06:31:37 pm »
  • =/
Oh, I thought you where asking why.  :D

Well, I'm for keeping our race alive but I hate how we must kill everything for our own enjoyment. We could live without killing animals and eating them, we could also live without ripping down thousands of trees a day. (Computers could be used instead of paper and wood can be replaced with stone)

I think our race uses to much and that our lives our put on a greater scale then the creatures we kill which is unfair but there isn't much we can do about it as this point in time.

So, my opinion is the same as yours practicly. I'd also like to note that this won't be much of a debate because most people think that humans are wasteful slobs.
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 06:52:31 pm »
  • IBV
Well, I'm for keeping our race alive but I hate how we must kill everything for our own enjoyment. We could live without killing animals and eating them, we could also live without ripping down thousands of trees a day. (Computers could be used instead of paper and wood can be replaced with stone)
Sorry to say that human ARE meat-eating animals, our nature is to eat meat, and we can't help it. We are actually not even made to eat bread (it's actually dangerous for us in the long run). I believe that eating meat is okay (as long as when killing the animal we do it without the pain, since we actually CAN). But I also think that making objects from animals is wrong (I even had the guts to tell a person that I didn't like my birthday present which was a wallet made of animal-leather). Trees can't feel pain. It's also in the human nature to use the trees. I don't support taking more trees than there are made new trees though (so that we don't end up with no tree's in the world :P).

I think we must care about everyone and everything in some way.
My signature is empty.
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2006, 07:39:00 pm »
  • =/
Sorry to say that human ARE meat-eating animals, our nature is to eat meat, and we can't help it. We are actually not even made to eat bread (it's actually dangerous for us in the long run). I believe that eating meat is okay (as long as when killing the animal we do it without the pain, since we actually CAN). But I also think that making objects from animals is wrong (I even had the guts to tell a person that I didn't like my birthday present which was a wallet made of animal-leather). Trees can't feel pain. It's also in the human nature to use the trees. I don't support taking more trees than there are made new trees though (so that we don't end up with no tree's in the world :P).

I think we must care about everyone and everything in some way.
I don't beleive in eating meat. I think it is wrong to chew on the insides of something and I have been meat free for over 7 years. I havn't died and the docter says my health is great for my age. I agree, that making items from animals is very wrong and I would gladly turn down anything made from an animal. We shouldn't kill anything that can feel pain, painless death or not.

Tree don't have too feel pain to be a big part of our society. Everytime we cut down a tree we're getting rid of an animals home, shade, beautiful decor and breathable oxygen.

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 03:06:02 am »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
Human life is more valuable, but that doesn't mean animals shouldn't be treated with respect.  Am I fine with eating chickens?  Absolutely!  Am I fine with getting a fur coat?  Absolutely, so long as it was done within the legal parameters that were rightfully set.  Am I fine with someone torturing a... cat or something in their basement?  Absolutely not, and if I were to stumble upon an incident such as that, I'd report them and try to get them punished to the full extent of the law (which is 90 days in jail for most states now).

It's not that animal life isn't precious: it's that humans have something animals don't.  Humans have a soul worth much more than any animal ever could.

I still buy the shampoo that says "not tested on animals", and all that stuff, but I wouldn't ever say that a hippopatamus is worth as much as a human life.  Common sense, no? :P
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 03:18:41 am »
  • Your expression has changed too
I care more about animals lives then humans because humans treat animals like !@#$%.
Ghoster Poster
  • I have a Twitter if you're into that kinda thing
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2006, 03:19:17 am »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
I care more about animals lives then humans because humans treat animals like !@#$%.
Well, your avy demeans mice.

Hikij

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2006, 03:28:13 am »
I don't value the lives of humans who kill others for war or fun, unless it's defense.
I value animals lives, even if they kill us, because they don't have war. They live on other things to survive, and don't do it for fun.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 02:47:26 am by Hikij »
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2006, 02:44:06 am »
  • When you express in one word, “the anus”
I don't value the lives of humans who kill others for war or fun, unless it's defense.
I value animals lives, even if they kill us, because they don't have war. They live on other things to survive, and only do it for fun.
wait..what? you like it when animals kill other animals for fun?

Hikij

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2006, 02:47:37 am »
Fixed.

tippz

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2006, 02:57:56 am »
I value animals lives, even if they kill us, because they don't have war. They live on other things to survive, and only do it for fun.
wait..what? you like it when animals kill other animals for fun?

which they do do, by the way. In case you HAVEN'T ever seen mild little housecats playing with their prey before they eat it (which isn't necessary since if you are watching this it is probably your cat and is well fed)

Limey

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2006, 03:07:32 am »
And some of the great apes have what could be considered "Wars".  They don't have bombs or guns, but groups of gorillas will be enemies and fight for lifetimes.

tippz

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2006, 03:47:37 am »
And some of the great apes have what could be considered "Wars".  They don't have bombs or guns, but groups of gorillas will be enemies and fight for lifetimes.

Yeah, animals fight for territory all the time... not like they are the bunch of pacifists that people make them out to be...

Limey

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2006, 03:48:39 am »

Yeah, animals fight for territory all the time... not like they are the bunch of pacifists that people make them out to be...

Well, actually Bonobo's (another type of great ape) are pacifists.  They just have sex all day long.

tippz

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2006, 04:05:45 am »
lol

that is true, but not all animals are pacifists... even dolphins have been known to beat the life out of porpoise...
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2006, 04:10:21 am »
lol

that is true, but not all animals are pacifists... even dolphins have been known to beat the life out of porpoise...

You have ruined my view on Eco and Flipper.

They call him Flipper, Flipper, Murderer and biting,

No porpoise's, survive because of he

*tears up*

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2006, 02:31:03 am »
  • Things to see and people to do.
I still think about humanity. Sure, we may be blowing each other up now, but suppose aliens attacked.

Then we'd join hands and kick ass! \m/(>.<)\m/
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/

shadow_caliber

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2006, 04:02:57 am »
I still think about humanity. Sure, we may be blowing each other up now, but suppose aliens attacked.

Then we'd join hands and kick ass! \m/(>.<)\m/
Then let us genitically modify a group of humans and call them aliens then go to war with them to bring about world peace and unity =D

If given the choice I would more likely save the life of a human being than say a rabbit (but I would totally save a Fox over a human being nah j/k) However I don't think we should test make up and cosmetic crap (medical's fine) on animals and I wouldn't buy anything that uses Fox fur (my grounds being foxes are awsome =P)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 72 queries.