Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: I hope you've read GM7's EULA..  (Read 10420 times)

Re: I hope you've read GM7's EULA..
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2007, 08:50:06 pm »
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah WTF!?

Now I'll work even harder on my GPL'd GM implementation!!!

People, I recommend you to not use this piece of software. They try to take over all the hard work you do. According to law they actually can own the rights to your games since it embeds your game with their software. If games were output to be run independently of Mark's code they could not do this, but as it is now a lot of Mark's code is embedded in your game which makes him able to actually force the rights to him (or anyone else he choose to, such as YoYo Games).

I say it again: DON'T USE GAMEMAKER!

I entirely agree with this. Please make it soon, I would love for that to happen. If there's any way I could help, I will.
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2007, 09:01:49 pm »
  • IBV
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah WTF!?

Now I'll work even harder on my GPL'd GM implementation!!!

People, I recommend you to not use this piece of software. They try to take over all the hard work you do. According to law they actually can own the rights to your games since it embeds your game with their software. If games were output to be run independently of Mark's code they could not do this, but as it is now a lot of Mark's code is embedded in your game which makes him able to actually force the rights to him (or anyone else he choose to, such as YoYo Games).

I say it again: DON'T USE GAMEMAKER!

I entirely agree with this. Please make it soon, I would love for that to happen. If there's any way I could help, I will.

:)

The other day I thought about making a topic, but I need to clean up the code. I think I've got a lot of GM5 stuff in the GM6 file, heh.. <_<
Plus, I think I need to give it some more weight, it's kinda little I've done considering I said that in March O_o
My signature is empty.
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2007, 10:10:37 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
lol, gravedig! *locked

*unlocked on request due to some discussion still going on* ^_^
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 10:33:14 pm by MG-Zero »

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2007, 09:13:51 am »
2.1. You agree and acknowledge that all right, title, interest and ownership rights in any and all copyright, design right, database right, patents and any rights to inventions, know-how, trade and business names, trade secrets and trade marks (whether registered or unregistered) and any applications therefor and other intellectual property rights ("Intellectual Property Rights"), in or connected with the Software and any and all copies thereof (including in particular but not limited to any data, database, designs, titles, computer code, themes, objects, characters, character names, stories, dialogues, catch phrases, places, concepts, artwork, animation, sounds, music, audio-visual effects, text, methods of operation, moral rights and any related documentation) are owned by YoYo Games. All such rights of YoYo Games are hereby asserted and reserved.

This screws mark up then doesn't it? this means he owns all the fan games created in gm7, and the sprites, sounds, images and everything that in fact would belong to another company (aka nintendo, sony, microsoft). HE should really rethink this, else he may have a few different companies sueing HIM.

Anyway, screw giving credit to mark and yoyo games, and if i create images or music, they belong to ME. luckily for me though I use gm6.1 reg. I suppose I'll just multi OS when I get my laptop.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2007, 01:03:04 am »
  • Txet Lanosrep
The newest version of the EULA is up.

THIS GAME WAS MADE USING GAMEMAKER 7.0
THIS END USER LICENCE AGREEMENT APPLIES TO ALL USE OF IT
Scope
You may:
• Install and use this Game for personal, non commercial use only [provided you have paid the applicable licence fee];
• [copy, distribute and share the Game with others free of charge for their personal, non commercial use].
You must not:
• use, copy, transfer or distribute the Game or part of it except as expressly permitted by this Licence;
• modify, adapt, merge, translate, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer the Game;
• remove, modify, or tamper with any copyright, trademark or other notice;
• use the Game for any illegal, unlawful or immoral purposes.

Term
• This Licence will end automatically if you breach any of the terms.
• When this Licence ends you must stop all use of the Game and destroy and erase any copies you have.

Liability
• YoYo Games Limited (“YoYo Games) is not involved in the creation of this Game except only that it was made using GameMaker 7.0. YoYo Games warrants only that GameMaker 7.0 will function satisfactorily if used properly and on the correct operating system.
• YoYo Games does not warrant that the operation of the Game will be uninterrupted or error free or that errors can be corrected. You install and use the Game at your own risk and in no event will YoYo Games be liable to you for any loss or damage of any kind (except personal injury or death arising from YoYo Games’ negligence) including lost profits or other consequential loss arising from the use of or inability to use the Game or from errors or deficiencies in it whether caused by negligence or otherwise.
• To the maximum extent permitted by law, YoYo Games Limited excludes liability for all warranties, conditions and other terms which but for this notice would have effect.

General
• All copyright and other intellectual property rights in GameMaker 7.0 and parts of it included in the Game belong to and vest in YoYo Games. All rights of YoYo Games are hereby asserted and reserved.
• All trade marks are the property of their respective owners and YoYo Games makes no warranty or representation in respect of and has no responsibility and excludes all liability for any trade mark or third party content.
• The rights granted in this licence are non-exclusive.
• This licence does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
• This Licence is governed by English Law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
• If you have a problem with this Game please contact the person who made it - sorry YoYo Games cannot help.

click “ACCEPT” and accept these terms to install and use this Game. If you do not accept them terms you may not continue with the installation and you must not install, use or run this software on this or any other computer.

http://www.yoyogames.com/wiki/show/Sample+EULA

And yeah I wouldn't classify this as a grave dig, I'm adding new info.  ;)

Retro
  • TITANIC
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2007, 11:59:31 pm »
The newest version of the EULA is up.

THIS GAME WAS MADE USING GAMEMAKER 7.0
THIS END USER LICENCE AGREEMENT APPLIES TO ALL USE OF IT
Scope
You may:
• Install and use this Game for personal, non commercial use only [provided you have paid the applicable licence fee];
• [copy, distribute and share the Game with others free of charge for their personal, non commercial use].
You must not:
• use, copy, transfer or distribute the Game or part of it except as expressly permitted by this Licence;
• modify, adapt, merge, translate, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer the Game;
• remove, modify, or tamper with any copyright, trademark or other notice;
• use the Game for any illegal, unlawful or immoral purposes.

Term
• This Licence will end automatically if you breach any of the terms.
• When this Licence ends you must stop all use of the Game and destroy and erase any copies you have.

Liability
• YoYo Games Limited (“YoYo Games) is not involved in the creation of this Game except only that it was made using GameMaker 7.0. YoYo Games warrants only that GameMaker 7.0 will function satisfactorily if used properly and on the correct operating system.
• YoYo Games does not warrant that the operation of the Game will be uninterrupted or error free or that errors can be corrected. You install and use the Game at your own risk and in no event will YoYo Games be liable to you for any loss or damage of any kind (except personal injury or death arising from YoYo Games’ negligence) including lost profits or other consequential loss arising from the use of or inability to use the Game or from errors or deficiencies in it whether caused by negligence or otherwise.
• To the maximum extent permitted by law, YoYo Games Limited excludes liability for all warranties, conditions and other terms which but for this notice would have effect.

General
• All copyright and other intellectual property rights in GameMaker 7.0 and parts of it included in the Game belong to and vest in YoYo Games. All rights of YoYo Games are hereby asserted and reserved.
• All trade marks are the property of their respective owners and YoYo Games makes no warranty or representation in respect of and has no responsibility and excludes all liability for any trade mark or third party content.
• The rights granted in this licence are non-exclusive.
• This licence does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
• This Licence is governed by English Law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
• If you have a problem with this Game please contact the person who made it - sorry YoYo Games cannot help.

click “ACCEPT” and accept these terms to install and use this Game. If you do not accept them terms you may not continue with the installation and you must not install, use or run this software on this or any other computer.

http://www.yoyogames.com/wiki/show/Sample+EULA

And yeah I wouldn't classify this as a grave dig, I'm adding new info.  ;)
It's still evil proprietary software. <_<
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 46 queries.

anything