Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 166   Go Down

Author Topic: [Dead] Zelda: Oracle of Life  (Read 535740 times)

Re: [WIP] Zelda: Oracle of Life - Sunday Release
« Reply #2800 on: March 21, 2007, 02:15:50 am »
Not lose... Dayjo and I just got it wrong (my like, 2 characters).

AoDC, check your inbox. ;D
I need your Memory: part of your specs.
Oh, okay. I'll check...

EDIT: It's 32.0 MB
I didn't get it wrong, Dayjo be quiet =P. If it is honestly 32mb, RAM or GPU wise, you do not meet the requirements.
the a o d c

gm112

« Reply #2801 on: March 21, 2007, 04:23:38 am »
32 megs of RAM?! Or GPU ram ?! That is low! Get a new computer :p. Ugly monsters like vista will eat your computer up!
« Reply #2802 on: March 21, 2007, 04:24:18 am »
32 megs of RAM?! Or GPU ram ?! That is low! Get a new computer :p. Ugly monsters like vista will eat your computer up!
Not everybody has/wants Vista.
the a o d c
« Reply #2803 on: March 21, 2007, 04:34:41 am »
  • <3 goggles
Im glad to see you cleared your head out, AoDC.

I checked it out the other day, and I just wanted to say it's as secksi as usual. <3

It was extremely empty though, I guess everyone had already played long enough and had gone on to something else. =/   Oh well, it was still nice and all. :D

gm112

« Reply #2804 on: March 21, 2007, 04:36:41 am »
Yeah, it's sad =[. OOL needs more people.
« Reply #2805 on: March 21, 2007, 04:37:55 am »
Yea, nobody cares as much anymore. It still has people on, but not massloads like previous versions. Anyway, based on (small) feedback, and general design ideas, here's the list of things for the next demo. OoL definately needed these now, but time killed me.

New:-
Clan features
Classes
Abilities
Maps
Party system
Music
Pets

Improved:-
Boss
Dungeon
Gameplay
Bug fixes
Netcode

---

The first thing I'm doing is optimising the network coding. I did a check, and it sent 100 messages every 3 seconds. That's only your character. Doesn't include attacking an enemy, its just there. Thats horrible. Im fixing it now... I should have tested this previously. It'll only send to people in your map now too, not the whole game. I don't if I'll release it for D, I'll just save it for the next version (considering netcode is on the imp. list).

---

Done netcode fix. It sends alot less messages to alot less people, resulting in alot less lag (net and pc wise). Now for pets.

---

Logging in and saving your account now takes less time. Oh and, there is now a pet. That means 0.82 is 16.6% finished.

---

Just tested with a friend. A total of 3000 messages were sent in the whole time, which is insanely good considering it was 3000 for like, 2minutes before. It was nice to see him and I race through the maze with our expensive-as-hell pets too. I don't know what to work on next... Lots to do... The only thing I can do by myself at this point is the party system. Guess I'll work on it.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 10:33:50 am by AoDC »
the a o d c
« Reply #2806 on: March 21, 2007, 12:46:01 pm »
  • I cannot lose!
Oh !@#$%... Here's the memory, this thing says it's: 224 MB RAM
I'm still not sure though...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 12:48:57 pm by Feather »
MGS4 == Best game ever. Srsly.

gm112

« Reply #2807 on: March 21, 2007, 07:53:04 pm »
Well, your GPU must hate DirectX.
« Reply #2808 on: March 21, 2007, 07:59:39 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
He may need to update it....www.microsoft.com look for the latest one (Should be Directx9)
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #2809 on: March 22, 2007, 04:49:34 am »
The system requirements for GM7 are higher than 6.1. A simple DX upgrade probably won't fix it.

Edit: OK, party system is finished theory wise. There is a 5 player limit per party, exp is split on kill, not hit, there is a HUD page showing all players in your party and your distance from each. Now to implement it.

Edit: Wow, talk about stress. OK, the party system is started, and sort of functioning, but not completely finished, optimized, plus it looks ugly.

The HUD page shows basically... the 5 people in your party, and your distance from them. Eh, it's a start.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 10:33:29 am by AoDC »
the a o d c
« Reply #2810 on: March 22, 2007, 04:24:48 pm »
  • I cannot lose!
I'll try getting DirectX9. Oh, and a question, I have only Game Maker 5.3, the other versions were deleted months ago and I didn't bother to download them. Do I need GM 7 and/or GM 6 to play OoL? GM 7 and 6 don't like my computer and usually my computer can't run GM 6 and GM 7 games. 
MGS4 == Best game ever. Srsly.

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #2811 on: March 22, 2007, 05:07:29 pm »
  • hungry..
I'll try getting DirectX9. Oh, and a question, I have only Game Maker 5.3, the other versions were deleted months ago and I didn't bother to download them. Do I need GM 7 and/or GM 6 to play OoL? GM 7 and 6 don't like my computer and usually my computer can't run GM 6 and GM 7 games. 
You don't need Game Maker to run Game Maker games, so no.
  • My Blog
« Reply #2812 on: March 22, 2007, 05:29:19 pm »
maybe there arent as many people because well
i couldnt find out how to download the client :P

My Child Is Student of The Month at Neverland Ranch!
  • SSEdit
« Reply #2813 on: March 22, 2007, 08:12:51 pm »

Your hecking protections do not work, unless you go to high numbers. For example: I booted the stats up to 100... instead banhammer. Once I got unbanned from gm112 (testing purposes), I hacked 4 out of the 6 variables with ease, and didn't do the last 2 because I was too lazy to level.
The protection works somewhat, but I'm not sure why it didn't detect me going from lvl 3 stats to lvl 62. By the way, I hope you do not ban people based on their Harddisk IDs, a game I play that people pay for did that, and when I showed it to some people he had to change the ban system because everyone knew how to avoid it.

ANYWAYS, aside from that, I played with GM112. It was very fun, and a little laggy for me (monsters didn't die instantly, I'm using a 1.5 MB/s connection, but then again, the servers in Ohio). I love the gameplay, and the wonderful scenery. Good job AoDC and team, you've come a long way.
« Reply #2814 on: March 22, 2007, 09:32:44 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
Seems very messed up, and judging by the comments that's not the way it should be. NPCs aren't solid, and I can't talk to half of them. I can't read signs. I can only walk in the cardinal directions, monsters don't die, and nobody seemed to be online at all besides me.
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #2815 on: March 22, 2007, 10:26:12 pm »
  • PWNED
still sexi as usual. Just...i cant get my self to play it like i used to. In order to get this back i think your gonna need a huge update. I suggest no more of these little beta or alpha demo. release a another demo after like you've dont all the classes and all their spells. All the animations, and alot more maps. Thats just sum advice no need to listen if you dont want to. Very cool still though i did play it for a lil while looking for ne thing new. Good luck in the future though AoDC. Im still gonna be watching this.

SPIRITPROJECT.TK ACTIVE FORUM FOR ANIME AND GAMING!
  • Hotpiebob
« Reply #2816 on: March 23, 2007, 12:09:06 am »
Seems very messed up, and judging by the comments that's not the way it should be. NPCs aren't solid, and I can't talk to half of them. I can't read signs. I can only walk in the cardinal directions, monsters don't die, and nobody seemed to be online at all besides me.
I didn't know you could talk. 0_o
I didn't know you could read signs. 0_0
Cardinal directions, I thought, were necessary.
Monsters die, it just take a bit.
And the online part-- I was just on with gm112 not long ago.

Trust me, I think OOL is going to go far. ^__^
« Reply #2817 on: March 23, 2007, 04:49:05 am »
still sexi as usual. Just...i cant get my self to play it like i used to. In order to get this back i think your gonna need a huge update. I suggest no more of these little beta or alpha demo. release a another demo after like you've dont all the classes and all their spells. All the animations, and alot more maps. Thats just sum advice no need to listen if you dont want to. Very cool still though i did play it for a lil while looking for ne thing new. Good luck in the future though AoDC. Im still gonna be watching this.
hpb, I know you are a long time player =). I know, it feels boring, and sucky, and not like the old versions. I'm working on it, making it feel like it used to. This demo, just like most, are just tests. Data gained was mostly negative, and the team is using that to make a better demo.

Quote from: Drew200
Your hecking protections do not work, unless you go to high numbers.
Correct. =).

unbanned from gm112
I don't know why I even bother >_>.

The protection works somewhat
The rest is GM's fault.

I hope you do not ban people based on their Harddisk IDs
External IP.

ANYWAYS, aside from that, I played with GM112. It was very fun, and a little laggy for me (monsters didn't die instantly, I'm using a 1.5 MB/s connection, but then again, the servers in Ohio). I love the gameplay, and the wonderful scenery. Good job AoDC and team, you've come a long way.
Eh, seems like we've gone backwards to me.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 04:58:33 am by AoDC »
the a o d c

Bistian

Procedurally generated bro.
« Reply #2818 on: March 23, 2007, 08:32:15 am »
  • That's right, I'm back.

You cant read signs .... I cant too !
You cant talk to some NPC ... I only cant talk to the Guy in the Start house !
Monsters die ... randomly !
CURSE TO THIS KEYBOARD !!!!
I am online every day ! XD
« Reply #2819 on: March 23, 2007, 07:21:21 pm »
Wait... didn't this used to be LTTP sprites? WHY get rid of them?
Those were fun.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 166   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 154 queries.